Which one is better?

WUPA

I got an aurion touring 2010 se. I heard someone said the Honda euro is better. Is that right?

And how about Falcon?

I always think the hood and doors for aurion is not thick enough. I'm a bit worry about the safety issues. Coz someone said Japanese cars are not as safe as American cars as well as european cars. What do you think?

I did check the data for Falcon, and it is actually heavier than aurion, so is it because of the thicker frame?

Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier. Also they are slightly bigger than the Aurion.

Honda Accord Euro better than Aurion? In what way? The Euro is only popular because ricers think they are cool by putting on rice kits making them go "fast". Their 4 cyl engine is ***** week to an Aurion engine which is a V6.

It's fun when you race Euros when they think they can win. Their face when they lose to a TOYOTA = priceless :yahoo:

One thing in your life that you just don't want to do is buy a falcon. I had one before my Aurion and they are sh#t. Japanese cars are very safe, they have way more advanced technology in their cars to help you through tricky situtations, plus i think the Aurion has a 5star safety rating? pretty sure it does. Plus the Aurion is way more powerful, and is lighter. Stick with toyota!!! :toast:

How thick do you want your doors? If anything all cars have thin doors and hoods, if you are worried about that, go buy. Tank, :P I guarantee you will be safe,

Imo, aurion over the Ford, save petrol, but then again its my opinion, its all up to you, as to what you want to drive,

People like different cars, some people like the Accord others like Falcadores.

You can't say one is better than the other as we all have different uses for the car. As long as you're happy with the car, that's all that counts.

The Accord Euro weighs the same as an Aurion with a 4cyl. engine now. D:

EDIT: Aurion 4 has a 4 star ANCAP rating, if they added seat belt warnings to all seats, then that's an automatic star upgrade = 5 star. Some people don't trust the ratings though because of little things like this that add a whole star value.

Edited by Harlo

Being an Toyota Forum you will get biased opinions.

If I was to sell my Aurion right now the only car on the market I would consider replacing it with would be some sort of Ford Falcon.

IMO Honda is over priced junk and I personally put them in the same category as Korean made cars.

Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier.

Haha, if you had the choice; would you prefer the Aurion to continue being FWD or take the RWD design as found in Falcadoes/Lexus sedans?

I had one before my Aurion and they are sh#t.

The current FG series especially that of the G6E/G6ET is said to be unlike any previously built falcon (in a good way). The 6 speed ZF transmission shared with the current BMW 7 series and Maserati Quattroporte is second to none.

IMO Honda is over priced junk and I personally put them in the same category as Korean made cars.

Have you seen what the Koreans have been doing lately? The Optima and i45 are quite impressive, though I must admit the styling looks brilliant now it might age quickly.

I was pretty awestruck when I first saw the i45, now when I see one drive by I'm like: look at that front end, pshh.

Hyundai is taking over a great deal of the automotive market and you can be sure that the Japanese giants are ****ting themselves.

The interior quality of the Accord Euro is IMO much better than that of my Camry Grande, soft touch plastics used throughout. Soft leather seats (I was in a 2011 Lexus LX570 though and OMG the seats were like a freaking couch), it was just the little things like pressing on the black finished wood grain panels and not making a squeaking noise or rattle like heard in my Camry which impressed me.

Reliability wise, Toyota will always be king.

Edited by Harlo

what do u mean by "better", which aspect?

If you want power=>falcon

If you want cheap and reliability=>Aurion

If you want luxury=>Accord

I like the engine of Accord, with 2.4, pumps up like 140kw..That is amazing. And the US Civic Type Si uses similar engine with little more power

Look at Camry, only 122kw. Honda always make better engine than Toyota

I like the engine of Accord, with 2.4, pumps up like 140kw..That is amazing. And the US Civic Type Si uses similar engine with little more power

You had some typos.

If you want power=>falcon XR6t or Nissan Maxima

If you want cheap to run and reliability=>Aurion

If you want rice=>Accord

And just because an engine puts out more power that doesn't make it better.

I don't think the Accord is rice. For the most part, I think it's styled quite nicely.

Except, for this one:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4578/rearshotch8.jpg

The V6/Diesel Accord Euro isn't sold here because Honda believes it'll eat too much into the sales of the wide body American Accord.

I vomit every time I see these riced up EK Civics though, why ricers think that 20 year old Hondas done up look so good puzzles me.

Edited by Harlo

Aurion IS a 5 Star Ancap rated car, the passenger seatbelt reminder has being in the car for a couple of years now. As is the Camry and HSD Camry (became 5 star a few months ago) Aurion like all Toyota’s have the crumple zone from the A pillar forward including a front reo and foam absorber. Aurion is designed to fold to the front A pillar taking all the energy from the impact slowing it down and directing it through the Global outstanding assessed (GOA) body and high strength steel Safe-T-Cell, Aurion also has beams running through the door to aid structural integrity in a side impact involving the doors. Aurion’s k-frame and powertrain are designed to slide under the vehicle in a serious head on accident as opposed to you ending up with it in your lap. Toyota designs all its vehicles to meet the toughest standard on crash safety as many countries are tougher than others. Remember when the Monaro was exported to the US and Middle East they had to redesign the rear of the car and its fuel tank so it would meet rear end safety standards? The Camry and Aurion were designed from their initially briefing to pass all these test they didn’t need altering. SO make NO mistake the Aurion has the highest levels or both Passive and active safety features making it a very safe car to be in an accident in if such a unfortunate thing was to happen.

Aurion IS a 5 Star Ancap rated car, the passenger seatbelt reminder has being in the car for a couple of years now.

It's little things like these that add a star to an ANCAP rating, no doubt that the Aurion is extremely safe.

It's just these new Chinese imports that are worrying me, a Great Wall X240 gets a 4 Star ANCAP because it got 16/16 in a side impact test, yet was pretty average/crap in other areas. The Chery J1 doesn't even have stability control and still got 3 stars...

I like the engine of Accord, with 2.4, pumps up like 140kw..

If I recall correctly the K24 in the Honda produces 148kw. However, all that power is achieved in the higher revs. Honda makes brilliant 4 cylinder engines but I don't think there is much low down torque.

The 2GR-FE in the Aurion features an amazing engine (Isn't it the successor to the legendary 2JZ?), it's even used in the Lotus Evora as well!! Lotus has traditionally used Toyota engines, that's how great they are (next model will be using Lotus's own engine). The engine in the LF-A is an absolute marvel in Toyota's engineering crown.

Both Honda and Toyota engines will last a long time, you can abuse and mistreat the Toyota engine all you want and it'll still last! With the Honda, you need to treat it with care and respect or it'll break on you.

Edited by Harlo

You had some typos.

If you want power=>falcon XR6t or Nissan Maxima

If you want rice=>Accord

And just because an engine puts out more power that doesn't make it better.

The Nissan Maxima we get in Aus is only 185kw not 220kw like USA. This means the Aurion is the fastest N/A of the large sedans.

Fix for you

If you want power (N/A) =>Aurion

If you want rice=>Accord EURO!!!

Edited by A Buff Hamster

The Nissan Maxima we get in Aus is only 185kw not 220kw like USA. This means the Aurion is the fastest N/A of the large sedans.

Fix for you

If you want power (N/A) =>Aurion

If you want rice=>Accord EURO!!!

Thanks for fixing that up for me! :P

You actually made my day/week/month/year!!! I though AU had the same engine. I now no longer envy their engine them when I see them on the road!!

Aurion IS a 5 Star Ancap rated car, the passenger seatbelt reminder has being in the car for a couple of years now.

It's little things like these that add a star to an ANCAP rating, no doubt that the Aurion is extremely safe.

It's just these new Chinese imports that are worrying me, a Great Wall X240 gets a 4 Star ANCAP because it got 16/16 in a side impact test, yet was pretty average/crap in other areas. The Chery J1 doesn't even have stability control and still got 3 stars...

I like the engine of Accord, with 2.4, pumps up like 140kw..

If I recall correctly the K24 in the Honda produces 148kw. However, all that power is achieved in the higher revs. Honda makes brilliant 4 cylinder engines but I don't think there is much low down torque.

The 2GR-FE in the Aurion features an amazing engine (Isn't it the successor to the legendary 2JZ?), it's even used in the Lotus Evora as well!! Lotus has traditionally used Toyota engines, that's how great they are (next model will be using Lotus's own engine). The engine in the LF-A is an absolute marvel in Toyota's engineering crown.

Both Honda and Toyota engines will last a long time, you can abuse and mistreat the Toyota engine all you want and it'll still last! With the Honda, you need to treat it with care and respect or it'll break on you.

Toyotas in general are reliable, relatively cheap to run and can take a fair bit of abuse. Styling has never been cutting edge, and it's not often you see a Toyota that really stands out and grabs your attention on the road.

Toyota engines (as long as the obvious regular maintenance is done) will last longer than the rest of the car will.

There are plenty of examples of Toyotas which have done in excess of 500,000km on original engines without a rebuild. Granted a large number of these are Diesels (My Landcruiser 75 series Troopy for example has done 395,000kms and still runs sweet like new), I know of a 1989 Camry on 460,000++km, an Aurion with 210,000km and a 1985 Camry with 655k++. All of these are STILL running well. They're not blowing smoke, and the motor is still running smoothly. I think the two camry's had their CV joints done at least once though... that's about it.

Toyotas, like Honda's hold their resale values really well, unlike Forldens.

My 2c worth.

Cheers

BB

This means the Aurion is the fastest N/A of the large sedans.

You seem like the equivilant of the falcadore fanboys :P Not everyone buys a car to become a street racers or rice up.

Like I said earlier, when I got into a Euro the fit and finish of the interior was a bar above my Grande and the Presara's which I have sat in. The Euro is aimed at the European market where they quite happily drive their medium sized C200's and 320i's, the priced of the Accord over there demands a higher price than that of the Passat. In the US, the Euro is re-badged as the Acura TSX and is their third best selling sedan. It serves a niche market between that of your everyday Japanese brand and that of the Germans.

IMO, you can't compared the Euro with the Aurion. The Euro is marketed towards the premium 4 cylinder cars whilst the Aurion is a competitor to the Aussie made falcadores and Maxima type large market.

The Aurion has more power and is cheaper to service compared to the Euro but the Euro has a better interior and fuel economy (though it runs on 95RON). Looks are suggestive . The CL9 Accord Euro released in 2003 has aged extremely well compared with other cars of the same year.

Compare the Euro to the IS250, the IS250 wins instantly the RWD would lead to better handling and of course, the interior is purely of Lexus quality .

Honda brought the big Accord over here to serve the needs of the Australian markets which want a big car with power, I think that would be of a fairer comparison to the Aurion.

The Maxima as we know it here is actually a Altima in North America and their Maxima is a different car.

I'm pretty sure I read on here that in China, Toyota is seen as a premium sedan as well. Being just below a Mercedes, I would expect the fit and finish of the Camrys (Aurions) over there to be of a very good quality as well. I briefly sat in a Thai built Camry overseas and saw that initially the materials were different to our Aurions over here, I didn't pay that much attention to it though. I just noted that the leather was perforated and such but didn't check if it felt better made then our Australian made cars.

There are plenty of examples of Toyotas which have done in excess of 500,000km on original engines without a rebuild. Granted a large number of these are Diesels (My Landcruiser 75 series Troopy for example has done 395,000kms and still runs sweet like new).

That's exactly right. I was overseas and a third world country I visited had the worst roads on earth, massive pot holds dirt road things all throughout the country. I'd say 80% of the Cars were Camrys from the mid 90s. Landcruiser's absolutely dominated the 4x4 market they were running around everywhere, rich people owned a Lexus LX570 (Dressed up landcruiser). Toyota and Lexus were definatly the car of choice built on the reliability factor alone.

German SUVs had no chance in that market, the roads alone would destroy them. There were a few X6s and such around, but you'd have to be completely dumb to purchase them.

I regretted the purchase of my Camry over an Aurion for ages now, back then when I was deciding to buy the Camry, the Presara was my car of choice compared to the other Aussie large cars but with what Ford has been doing with it's newest generation G6E/G6ET it'd give the Aurion a run for it's money in terms of interior quality and ride.

Edited by Harlo

Of course the Euro would have a better fuel ecc than an Aurion. 4cyl vs V6? No Sh*t Sherlock.

No i'm not a fanboy of Toyota. When i bought the Aurion i also drove the Euro and there was no power in it.

Of course the Euro would have a better fuel ecc than an Aurion. 4cyl vs V6? No Sh*t Sherlock.

That's why I said the comparison between the two is useless, I was only stating the differences as they appeal to different market segments!

No i'm not a fanboy of Toyota. When i bought the Aurion i also drove the Euro and there was no power in it.

If you are still trying to compare them, I could now say based on your argument:

Of course the Aurion would have more power than the Euro. V6 vs 4cyl? No Sh*t Sherlock.

Edited by Harlo

Only if it retains its RWD.

Pfft. Didn't you read in this thread, clearly RWD = more parts and adds too much weight!!!

MUCH BETTER FOR IT TO BE SUPAAA LIGHT FWD.

Edited by Harlo

Pfft. Didn't you read in this thread, clearly RWD = more parts and adds too much weight!!!

DAMMIT!! How could I have missed this, there must be something wrong with my calculations!!!

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARDS GUYS!

I realise the super light FWD is a tounge in cheek comment, but for those who actually believe it. go and take a look at the mazda mx5...

isn't the mx5 rear wheel drive.

yes, which is why he is questioning the quote "if fwd is light as a tounge" in reference to the mx5 being a rwd and being light,

might a i add a capuccino as well ;)

MADDDDskiiiis!!!!! I'm a pull the transmission and diff out of my Aurion because based on that theory being No Wheel Drive I'll have the fastestest NA V6 this side of the equator. SICK!

• Like 1