Which one is better?

WUPA

Only if it retains its RWD.

Pfft. Didn't you read in this thread, clearly RWD = more parts and adds too much weight!!!

MUCH BETTER FOR IT TO BE SUPAAA LIGHT FWD.

I think it's about time you STFU.

eb6.jpg

The FT86 will be RWD. Yes you heard me. RWD

Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier.

R U SERIOUSLIES? WHERE U HEAR DAT IT IS RWD. SOMEONE PLZ EXPLAIN WHY IS TOYOTAS COPYING DA BLOODY FALCADORE.

I DON'T WANT TO DRIVE THE CAR THAT IS AS HEAVY AS A TITANIC. FFS, I AM WRITING A LETTER OF COMPLAINT WHERE THEY GET THE STUPID IDEA TO PUT A RWD IN A SUPACAR LF-A AND THE NEW TOYOTAZ SPORTS CAR IS CONFUSHION TO ME. MAKE NO SENCE.

PROBABLY OFF THIS GUY

high-expectations-asian-father-meme-generator-oh-our-sushi-turn-into-kfc-let-turn-our-fwd-to-rwd-we-so-fat-now-1aa68b.jpg

Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier.

R U SERIOUSLIES? WHERE U HEAR DAT IT IS RWD. SOMEONE PLZ EXPLAIN WHY IS TOYOTAS COPYING DA BLOODY FALCADORE.

I DON'T WANT TO DRIVE THE CAR THAT IS AS HEAVY AS A TITANIC. FFS, I AM WRITING A LETTER OF COMPLAINT WHERE THEY GET THE STUPID IDEA TO PUT A RWD IN A SUPACAR LF-A AND THE NEW TOYOTAZ SPORTS CAR IS CONFUSHION TO ME. MAKE NO SENCE.

PROBABLY OFF THIS GUY

high-expectations-asian-father-meme-generator-oh-our-sushi-turn-into-kfc-let-turn-our-fwd-to-rwd-we-so-fat-now-1aa68b.jpg

facepalm.jpg?1248715065

edit: *pic in reference to the meme, which made me kinda giggle a bit hehe*

R U SERIOUSLIES? WHERE U HEAR DAT IT IS RWD.

You are clearly not the target audience for that car ... I hereby forbid you, in advance, from entering the 86 club lounge on this site (when it starts mid-2012).

If you have a realisation of truth, then you will be warmly welcomed!

I hereby forbid you, in advance, from entering the 86 club lounge on this site (when it starts mid-2012).

r-u-serious-owl.jpg

owl-youve-seen-last.jpg

SUPA LIGHT FWD FTW.

Edited by Harlo

• 3 weeks later...

I vomit every time I see these riced up EK Civics though, why ricers think that 20 year old Hondas done up look so good puzzles me.

Why? What did they ever do to you? Just let them enjoy their cars their way.

Actually, the EK and the EGs are quite nice.

The ignorant don't know that the chassis and suspension setup in the civics were actually ahead of its time, with double wishbone suspensions, and very easily is a better handling car than the Camry/Aurion which is 20 years newer!!!

Some varients also came with the venerable B series engine and about 20 years on, is still a match for the 2GR-FE which has almost double its capacity.

Just let them enjoy their cars their way.

I was joking, I love civics. The one below is freaking awesome.

ricer_civic_2.jpg

282ef4e723.jpg

Edited by Harlo

Styling has never been cutting edge, and it's not often you see a Toyota that really stands out and grabs your attention on the road.

I must disagree with you on the styling thing. I have always been a Ford devotee and also owned an AU (The ugliest of them). I for one am very impressed with the styling of the Aurion and think they are a real head turner depending on the color.

Toyota engines (as long as the obvious regular maintenance is done) will last longer than the rest of the car will.

If you want to know which engines are the most reliable ask at a wrecking yard to find out. The most popular engine sold at at one yard in Brisbane is from the Commodore. They sell as many of them as they can get. They dismantle most late model cars and if you look in their scrap bins you will see many Falcon sixes and Camry fours primarily because they rarely need to be replaced. Ask at any taxi company what is the preferred car for them and they will in most cases tell you the Falcon or Toyota Camry/Aurion is the way to go if you want reliability.

Toyotas, like Honda's hold their resale values really well, unlike Forldens.

I absolutely have to agree with this. To pay in the mid thirties for a car off the showroom floor is about standard for an average car these days. The Falcons may be worth in the low to mid twenties in about two years. The Commodores will be worth a couple thousand more but the Toyotas will still worth a few grand more than that. The reason I would be staying with Ford is that I prefer rear wheel drive vehicles and the road feel and handling is in my opinion better for my driving style. I just don't like front drive cars.

Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier. Also they are slightly bigger than the Aurion.

Honda Accord Euro better than Aurion? In what way? The Euro is only popular because ricers think they are cool by putting on rice kits making them go "fast". Their 4 cyl engine is ***** week to an Aurion engine which is a V6.

It's fun when you race Euros when they think they can win. Their face when they lose to a TOYOTA = priceless :yahoo:

Ricers? How are Euro drivers ricers? Same applies to Aurion owners, I've seen Aurions with rice kits and 'go fast' parts. Silly to tag Euros ricers considering the majority are still owned by actual families or just recently passed down to their FnF son/daughter.

As for the K24A being weak compared to the 2GR... You need some 1.1L increase in capacity and 2 extra cylinders to be faster? How about a 4cyl Camry if you want to compare like capactiy and # of cylinders? Realise faults in your logic yet? Volumeric Efficency > Cubic Inches/Capacity/Displacement/etc.

Some of the replies in this thread (Serious ones anyway) are so ignorant. If Honda cars and engines are so terrible, why have all their sport compacts and their engines beaten the crap out of all the top offerings from Toyota? Comparing class rivals... AP1 F20C v RS200 3SGE / AE101/111 4AG v EG6/EK9 B16 / ZZZT23X 2ZZ-GE v DC5R/EP3R K20A and then you have the FD2R which Toyota don't even have an answer for because well... Lets not get started on that shall we ;)

Anyway to OP, can't compare them... Aurion is just a V6 Camry designed to compete with Falcons and Commodores... Accord Euro made to compete in the Luxury segment with the low end European and Lexus...

Edited by DreadAngel

Styling has never been cutting edge, and it's not often you see a Toyota that really stands out and grabs your attention on the road.

I must disagree with you on the styling thing. I have always been a Ford devotee and also owned an AU (The ugliest of them). I for one am very impressed with the styling of the Aurion and think they are a real head turner depending on the color.

Toyota engines (as long as the obvious regular maintenance is done) will last longer than the rest of the car will.

If you want to know which engines are the most reliable ask at a wrecking yard to find out. The most popular engine sold at at one yard in Brisbane is from the Commodore. They sell as many of them as they can get. They dismantle most late model cars and if you look in their scrap bins you will see many Falcon sixes and Camry fours primarily because they rarely need to be replaced. Ask at any taxi company what is the preferred car for them and they will in most cases tell you the Falcon or Toyota Camry/Aurion is the way to go if you want reliability.

RE: Styling. It's hard to be positive about Toyota's approach to styling when you see shockers like the Toyota Rukus (what's up with that boxy monstrosity?!?!), Yaris (almost pokemon like looks), Corolla (Pokemon on 'roids), Landcruiser (wtf is with that gawd awful rear end??!), Prius (Yawn! Snore!) etc etc etc..... :blink: :blink: :blink:

It's almost like the approach to styling is haphazard at best... The FT86 DOES look sexy though.... so hopefully things are changing :clap:

Toyota Rukus (what's up with that boxy monstrosity?!?!), Yaris (almost pokemon like looks), Corolla (Pokemon on 'roids), Landcruiser (wtf is with that gawd awful rear end??!), Prius (Yawn! Snore!) etc etc etc..... :blink: :blink: :blink:

It's almost like the approach to styling is haphazard at best... The FT86 DOES look sexy though.... so hopefully things are changing :clap:

I actually quite like Toyota's current offerings, it's designs like the new Camry that make me go yuck. How any unbiased person will ever like that I never know, the FT86 does look good though. It's good to see Toyota and Subaru coming back with good designs instead of the fugly new Subaru range that Toyota are copying styling wise ....?

Honda Accord Euro better than Aurion? In what way? The Euro is only popular because ricers think they are cool by putting on rice kits making them go "fast". Their 4 cyl engine is ***** week to an Aurion engine which is a V6?

This thread died a LONG TIME AGO when fanboyism overtook a logical argument, SUPA FAST, SUPA LITE FWD FTW.

This thread likes naked men.

image420.png

Edited by Harlo

Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier. Also they are slightly bigger than the Aurion.

Honda Accord Euro better than Aurion? In what way? The Euro is only popular because ricers think they are cool by putting on rice kits making them go "fast". Their 4 cyl engine is ***** week to an Aurion engine which is a V6.

It's fun when you race Euros when they think they can win. Their face when they lose to a TOYOTA = priceless :yahoo:

Ricers? How are Euro drivers ricers? Same applies to Aurion owners, I've seen Aurions with rice kits and 'go fast' parts. Silly to tag Euros ricers considering the majority are still owned by actual families or just recently passed down to their FnF son/daughter.

As for the K24A being weak compared to the 2GR... You need some 1.1L increase in capacity and 2 extra cylinders to be faster? How about a 4cyl Camry if you want to compare like capactiy and # of cylinders? Realise faults in your logic yet? Volumeric Efficency > Cubic Inches/Capacity/Displacement/etc.

Some of the replies in this thread (Serious ones anyway) are so ignorant. If Honda cars and engines are so terrible, why have all their sport compacts and their engines beaten the crap out of all the top offerings from Toyota? Comparing class rivals... AP1 F20C v RS200 3SGE / AE101/111 4AG v EG6/EK9 B16 / ZZZT23X 2ZZ-GE v DC5R/EP3R K20A and then you have the FD2R which Toyota don't even have an answer for because well... Lets not get started on that shall we ;)

Anyway to OP, can't compare them... Aurion is just a V6 Camry designed to compete with Falcons and Commodores... Accord Euro made to compete in the Luxury segment with the low end European and Lexus...

I never could understand WHY people would want to add body kits and spoilers and lower their cars etc. Newsflash!! These things aren't much use in reality unless you're on an autobahn so you can actually USE the downforce generated by these kits and spoilers. What sort of retard can't understand the basic physics behind this? Geezus!

Go fast parts? Not much use in day to day metro traffic. That's another thing, 99.9% of the people who add these sorts of mods to their cars live in suburbia where speed limits are so low that what you actually need is patience rather than fast driving skillz.

Sure you might think it makes your car sound "cool" and look good, but everytime I see one of these try-hard (yes that's what they are) racers I always have a good laugh to myself because I know these douches are about as bright as a blown light bulb AND their gullibility and naivety astounds me. These clowns in these modified cars obviously don't hear the laughter they leave behind when they drive past revving their engines, thinking they're da shizzle!

And another thing, what's with these ricers with big massive exhausts? Compensating for something?

Ah well, with any luck, soon enough natural selection will take over and they'll kill themselves on the road with their own modified death traps. I just hope they don't take innocent people with them.

Edited by Beep Beep

I never could understand WHY people would want to add body kits and spoilers and lower their cars etc. Newsflash!! These things aren't much use in reality unless you're on an autobahn so you can actually USE the downforce generated by these kits and spoilers. What sort of retard can't understand the basic physics behind this? Geezus!

Go fast parts? Not much use in day to day metro traffic. That's another thing, 99.9% of the people who add these sorts of mods to their cars live in suburbia where speed limits are so low that what you actually need is patience rather than fast driving skillz.

Sure you might think it makes your car sound "cool" and look good, but everytime I see one of these try-hard (yes that's what they are) racers I always have a good laugh to myself because I know these douches are about as bright as a blown light bulb AND their gullibility and naivety astounds me. These clowns in these modified cars obviously don't hear the laughter they leave behind when they drive past revving their engines, thinking they're da shizzle!

And another thing, what's with these ricers with big massive exhausts? Compensating for something?

Ah well, with any luck, soon enough natural selection will take over and they'll kill themselves on the road with their own modified death traps. I just hope they don't take innocent people with them.

I agree partly in theory but I also enjoy looking at nicely modded cars. Why do they make street cars that go so fast, look sporty, or are imptractical for everyday use? Because people want them and not everyone is a grumpy hater.

My car is lowered because I like the look and handling. I blocked off my lower resonator because I wanted it to sound different. I changed cosmetic parts that are useless to my car because I wanted it to look different and the way I want it. I did an LED swap because I wanted it to look nicer. I want to change my exhaust because I don't like the way it looks.

As much as I bag out people on the road for tacky mods I also love it because it gives me something to look at. Mods are art.

I agree partly in theory but I also enjoy looking at nicely modded cars. Why do they make street cars that go so fast, look sporty, or are imptractical for everyday use? Because people want them and not everyone is a grumpy hater.

My car is lowered because I like the look and handling. I blocked off my lower resonator because I wanted it to sound different. I changed cosmetic parts that are useless to my car because I wanted it to look different and the way I want it. I did an LED swap because I wanted it to look nicer. I want to change my exhaust because I don't like the way it looks.

As much as I bag out people on the road for tacky mods I also love it because it gives me something to look at. Mods are art.

Fair enough comment, HT. :rolleyes:

But what really gets my goat is ppl who take it to ridiculous levels. Mods to a car are like what makeup, clothes and fashion accessories are to a girl. Sorry, not being sexist here but it's the best example I can think of atm!

Imagine a girl who already has the basics (beautiful facial symmetry, perfect body with all the right curves AND proportions in the right places). What if this girl puts on some tasteful, subtle makeup to accentuate her natural features and also wears a few fashion accessories to compliment her natural body and the clothes she's wearing. Whadya get?

:wub: An absolute, drop dead gorgeous stunner that you just wanna....... "get to know better", if ya get what I mean.:spiteful:dry.gif .

Now consider if the same girl lays on massive amounts of makeup and wears all sorts of weird fashion accessories combined with the most outlandish LOUD outfits you can think of. Whadya get?

:blink: :blink: Some weird hag who looks like someone's hooker auntie. Yuck, gross. Well, unless you're into that sort of weird fetish kinda thing, I think it's safe to say everyone would probably be taking a few steps back and thinking, wtf is up with that??!?!

Mods, tastefully done is art, poise, refinement and enhancement. Otherwise, the effect is the complete opposite. It's probably worse than bogan, IMHO.

Edited by Beep Beep

Wheeww. Getting hot in here.

IMO a little mod is good for the sake of being unique. Not to be overdone though.

However, I never really agreed with the noisy exhaust thing. No need to announce to the entire suburb that I'm cruisin' through.

With regards to the original post however, I've driven toyotas, hondas and mercs.

My biggest issue with toyotas is that they just can't match honda and mercs in terms of material quality.

By quality, I mean flimsy cabin panels, crappy plastic clips, etc.

The quality of hondas cabin finish is comparable to mercs.

Sound quality: The honda odyssey has an epic stock sound system. Toyota has a lot of catching up to do here (if they even bother trying)