Differentiate Aurion from TRD Aurion

lasertip

Before I start, I expect to cop some flak from protective TRD owners but hey, I'm just trying to share an experience that I thought would be interesting and

DJKOR: Each to his own (horrible) ways
or something with that effect :lol:

When I first bought my car, the tailgate Aurion badge was poorly stuck on, it was obviously crooked and the spacings were wrong.

I had to do something about it. I decided to be a wiseass and thought that since I'm going to pull it off and fix it, I might as well improve it :D

So, I went to the nearest toyota dealer (which is conveniently a 5mins drive away) and got the TRD Aurion 'TRD' badge for 30bucks.

I put the TRD badge on the left side and moved the existing Aurion logo to the right.

Picture the TRD Aurion tailgate with the non-TRD 'Aurion' badge. By the way, there is a BIG, OBVIOUS difference between the TRD and non-TRD 'Aurion' badges.

Today, I went to the crash repair to get a quote for fixing the paint on my rear bumper. It was one of those large shops with at least 30 cars parked inside and around it.

The paint touchup guy was probably in his early 50s, obviously an experienced guy.

To my surprise, when he was writing the quote, for vehicle make, he wrote TRD Aurion. Of course, I quickly corrected him.

I would expect that the motoring community be able to differentiate between TRD and non-TRD Aurions. Hmmm.

unled1rqe.jpg

P.S. I would have loved to get a TRD Aurion, just that there weren't any for sale in WA during the period I was shopping. Another major consideration was the cost of premium fuel with constantly rising fuel prices.

Edited by lasertip

When I first saw a TRD Aurion, I was working out if it was a normal Aurion with a TRD body kit or the real deal.

The strange font on the TRD badge made it seem really fake, turns out that's how the font is supposed to be and it was a real TRD. >.>

When I first saw a TRD Aurion, I was working out if it was a normal Aurion with a TRD body kit or the real deal.

The strange font on the TRD badge made it seem really fake, turns out that's how the font is supposed to be and it was a real TRD. >.>

*Points up* and there's your font difference :yahoo:

Take a stab at me all you want mate, I honestly don't give a sh** what you do to your car. What does it matter to you if I think LED strips look tacky because it makes you another person trying to copy the trend that Audi started, or if TRD badges on a non-TRD puts you into the same category as Holdens with Chev badges? You ask for opinions, you get opinions.

LOL, protective TRD owners. You have no idea how much I don't care.

• Like 2

Take a stab at me all you want mate, I honestly don't give a sh** what you do to your car. What does it matter to you if I think LED strips look tacky because it makes you another person trying to copy the trend that Audi started, or if TRD badges on a non-TRD puts you into the same category as Holdens with Chev badges? You ask for opinions, you get opinions.

LOL, protective TRD owners. You have no idea how much I don't care.

Cool, we're on the same page then. But honestly, I wasn't anywhere close to taking a dig (or stab) at you.

• Like 2

Cool, we're on the same page then. But honestly, I wasn't anywhere close to taking a dig (or stab) at you.

Just to make it clear where I was coming from, when you said:

Before I start, I expect to cop some flak from protective TRD owners but hey, I'm just trying to share an experience that I thought would be interesting and

DJKOR: Each to his own (horrible) ways
or something with that effect :lol:

It sounded more like you were using me as an example of a "protective TRD owner" rather than using it to complete your sentence.

Combined with:

Then, there's always that DJKOR tacky factor to consider :P

Makes it look like my opinions have some bearing in the way people feel.

But as I said, I never care what people do but if asked to express opinions, that is what I am going to do. Everyone can do what they want to their car (including putting TRD kits on), I just care more about image and don't like looking like a ricer.

• Like 1

they put chev badges on holdens cause they have chev engines.

Doesn't make it any more of a Chevrolet because it's got a Chevrolet engine in it. That's like saying I'm a Vietcong because my parents are Vietnamese.

Boo! Someone has an opinion! Boo your opinion! :rolleyes:

Most of these Chev badges are on the pov pack Omegas and SV6's with a Aussie built and designed V6. It's still silly to put it on a SS/SSV. The Commodores weren't even sold in the US under the Chevrolet marque, it was a Pontiac. Total WTF? Unless you wanna go to the middle east to see a Chevrolet Caprice.

I don't see any Aurion members sticking Lexus badges on their cars.

I don't see any 760Li owners sticking Rolls Royce badges on their cars because it shares the same engine with the Rolls Royce Phantom.

SSangyong and 300C use last generation Mercedes engines, don't see any of them sticking Merc badges to their cars.

Edited by Harlo

Seems like we have more fuel for the following thread:

Commodores with chevy badges !!??

Anyways, to add to the original question of the thread, as mentioned, it would probably be due to the lack of TRD's they see there and lack of knowledge on the specifics of the Aurion range.

Most of these Chev badges are on the pov pack Omegas and SV6's with a Aussie built and designed V6. It's still silly to put it on a SS/SSV. The Commodores weren't even sold in the US under the Chevrolet marque, it was a Pontiac. Total WTF? Unless you wanna go to the middle east to see a Chevrolet Caprice.

I don't see any 760Li owners sticking Rolls Royce badges on their cars because it shares the same engine with the Rolls Royce Phantom.

SSangyong and 300C use last generation Mercedes engines, don't see any of them sticking Merc badges to their cars.

I agree.

And if you are going to re-badge your SS, at least do it properly and get the pontiac G8 front end and badging. I have actually seen one done like that and I think it looked fine.

IMO there is no problem re-badging a car if it was sold as another badge elsewhere (Corolla - Auris, Yaris - Vitz, Celsior - LS400, Soarer - SC400, Commodore SS - Pontiac G8, etc, etc) but just chucking a chev badge on because it uses a chev engine (or doesn't!) is retarded.

As is putting a 'parts' badge or sticker on a car when you don't actually have any of that brand's parts.

E.G TRD, Blitz, Greddy, HKS, etc, etc....

It is just rice and makes you look like an idiot.

As is putting a 'parts' badge or sticker on a car when you don't actually have any of that brand's parts.

E.G TRD, Blitz, Greddy, HKS, etc, etc....

It is just rice and makes you look like an idiot.

I agree. When I first stuck it on, the idea was to improve the aesthetics, not miscommunicate to others that it's a TRD vehicle.

Apparently, the latter is happening.

I decided to be a wiseass

• Like 1

I really like the look of the Subaru Impreza that has the WRX badge in the grille.

Am yet to complete but I bought a "TRD Sportivo" badge and am going to put that on the front.

Of course I will remove the TRD part of the badge..

Thoughts... Opinions?

1st, Chevs now have Holden engines, Holdens havn't had Chevy V8s since around 2003... I laugh about the morons over here with Chev badges frequently with my fam back in the States. The Camaro SS is just a dressed up Monaro. Yes, "Bumble Bee" is an Aussie.

2nd, this whole thread is funny since i just stripped my TRD naked of all Aurion badges this morning... actually, all of the badges. People who can't tell what she is will know when they can't keep up

I think we has being covered once before???. I two have the TRD badge on the back of my car but i left the Sportivo ZR6 badge on the right hand side.

People need to remember what TRD actually is... TRD IS NOT like HSV, FPV, BMW M-Division or MB AMG that take certain cars and goes nuts on them to turn them into something special. It is simply the upgrade performance parts "hot up shop" for Toyota by Toyota. in no other country will you find a car leave the factory with a TRD badge and TMCA used the TRD name plate as it make good business sense to buy and use a nameplate what was already familiar to the public. All TRD do is make performance parts for just about everything in the Toyota line up. HSV, AMG, M Division Audi RS etc do not do this for their respective brands. SO just like when you put a Walkinshaw or Harrop, Herrod, APR, Whiteline, Ultra racing part on your car it's more than acceptable to put one of their badges or sticker on your car why is it any different for a TRD badge or sticker?

• Like 1

I really like the look of the Subaru Impreza that has the WRX badge in the grille.

Am yet to complete but I bought a "TRD Sportivo" badge and am going to put that on the front.

Thoughts... Opinions?

Absolutely nothing wrong.

1. You're not trying to mislead others into thinking that your car is something that it's not

2. Your car isn't plastered with badges (i hope)

3. Do what you want. It's your car!

• Like 2

I think we has being covered once before???. I two have the TRD badge on the back of my car but i left the Sportivo ZR6 badge on the right hand side.

I was just going through photos of your car (nice car btw) and does it have a SL3500 badge on the side as well?

Edited by Harlo

Thoughts... Opinions?

Absolutely nothing wrong.

1. You're not trying to mislead others into thinking that your car is something that it's not

2. Your car isn't plastered with badges (i hope)

3. Do what you want. It's your car!

Yeah well I figured seeing as it is a sportivo and theres technically only one badge on the car that says sportivo that I would put another one on the front.

I don't see anything wrong with putting TRD badges on your car.... as said in point 3... "Do what you want. It's your car!" (couldn't have said it better)

I personally have taken all my badges off... All that remains is the Toyota symbol on the boot and front grill... I have got eyelids on now and am going to get the Trd style front grill... I might put a Toyota symbol on that and paint the badge black for that stealth look :-)