Tein S.Tech info

Looking at getting the Tein S.tech springs to lower my 03 stivo.

anyone out there own them? whats the ride like?

i'd using the stock shocks, anyone got this set up? is it uncomfortable? whats handling like?

cheers!

Looking at getting the Tein S.tech springs to lower my 03 stivo.

anyone out there own them? whats the ride like?

i'd using the stock shocks, anyone got this set up? is it uncomfortable? whats handling like?

cheers!

If i remember correctly, Clifton is using them. Probably best to pm him.

Handling is greatly improved with them over the stock suspension. Ride is still very comfy, not crashy at all.

When you get a full car they do sag abit, I have 215/45/r17 tyres and I was scrubbing in the rears over bumps when I had a full car.

Uneven ground + loaded up with snow gear + 3 people in car = SLAMMED

5917697087_c5534a2488_b.jpg

The for the replies guys! ive been ringing around for prices and when i spoke to whole sale suspension wharehouse in penrith they said that there wasnt much point gettin tein's and to get king springs instead. he said the kings springs were $150 cheaper and used better quality material, and ride quality would be the same. now i just dunno what to do...

just got a call back from a supllier in sydney for tein's and they quoted me $320, only 20 bucks more than king springs is good i reckon! decided on teins to stay JDMtastic! even though its made in south africa lol

I couldnt get any.. apparently Tein Japan discontinued?

yeah i got a call back from the people im trying to get them through. they said that they had trouble finding the right parts and they originally got the part number wrong, silly woman was going to order for a soarer.

another place quoted me $450 but i think thats a bit deer considering somewhere else says $320...

anyone know of a decently priced parts person?

i'm currently on s-tech springs and stock shocks..

i'v had pedders springs and also BC coilovers before this, and this current set up is the better out of the 3 in terms of everyday driving (i do aprox 50,000km per year).

i'v had them for well over 1 year, and from memory i paid about $350, and installed them my self.

just make sure you buy genuine tein and not copies.

i checked their site, and its all honda stuff yeah?

ill give them a call tomorrow and see what they say about getting some for me, but i rang the listed australian distributor in queensland 'Fulcrum' and they said 3 months, and $420 without postage so if the guys in syd have in stock may aswell go there unless JDMyard can do cheaper.

The for the replies guys! ive been ringing around for prices and when i spoke to whole sale suspension wharehouse in penrith they said that there wasnt much point gettin tein's and to get king springs instead. he said the kings springs were $150 cheaper and used better quality material, and ride quality would be the same. now i just dunno what to do...

rubbish. Don't let any uneducated, money hungry salesmen in the western suburbs fool you into buying their products.

Nengun.com

I bought mine from there for my 05 sportivo. I still remember the day Ian and I put them in and took it for a test drive, unreal feel and performance.

Truly a feeling no King spring could deliver.

Still running them now love them

Dan

Just sent nengun an email to ask about exact part numbers, their S.Tech part number is different for front springs than whats quoted for the aussie model.

their prices are great though!!!!!

if nengun falls through, does anyone have any thoughts on king springs? like ride quality and handling? for the price its pretty good and there's no waiting. plus the way the car sits isnt too bad either, but ive only seen pics.

any thoughts on kingsprings too???

I think alot of king spring owners have decided to go with lows at the front and super lows at the back to make the car sit parallel to the ground.

Havnt heard many complaints about kings though.

thanks clifton! if nengun falls through i shall be going to kings...

• 4 months later...

Clifton,

would you recommend getting these combind with koni yellows.

Do you have any specs on the springs? km/mm? advertised drop, part numbers? Ive tried googling but am getting confused.

I'm thinking about getting these http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=442535268&permanent=0

Clifton,

would you recommend getting these combind with koni yellows.

Do you have any specs on the springs? km/mm? advertised drop, part numbers? Ive tried googling but am getting confused.

I'm thinking about getting these http://www.trademe.c...268&permanent=0

Well I wouldnt know how they would be with koni's but I'd only assume they would be better.

I dont really have any specs for the spring rates but they're very comfortable as for height I can give you a picture of my car.

5939215841_d5c546b18b_b.jpg