ugly smell

zenzen

hi, i just got a aurion sx6, the 1st few days i had it it flew and went so good.

i got abit excited and sortve stepped on it whenever i could the first 3 days as i had a vx on gas b4 and this was a big difrence in power for me.

recently, whenever i step on it, not even much, like when i overtake on lights etc, a ugly gassy smell comes out. the engine bay doesnt seem to smell at all.

the exhaust smells. as what they say like a egg fart. (so ive been told)

anyway, it only happens when i take off fast to oevrtake other cars.

i dont speed. i was just excited the 1st 2-3 days. testing the car out as they say.

what can it b?

there is a lil bit of muck in the exaust pipe when i looked at it after i stopped to smell it.

like engine oil color.

just a touch. not much.

like grease maybe.

please help. im a girl and dont reeli uinderstand much bout cars.

hi, i just got a aurion sx6, the 1st few days i had it it flew and went so good.

i got abit excited and sortve stepped on it whenever i could the first 3 days as i had a vx on gas b4 and this was a big difrence in power for me.

Welcome to the club.

First, a silly question: You mentioned that you like the power of the Aurion. Is it possible you are crapping your self a lil everytime you put your foot down?

Second, a real question: Are the vents open? I never have my vents open but when I occasionally do I find it smells really bad.

Mine occasionally gets the smell of bowling shoes every so often (note 1 below). The musty A/C smell you get is common with many air conditioners, some just have it worse than others. Two things can be done.

1) Spray some Glen 20 lightly into the A/C inlet (located in the passenger footwell),

2) Drive around more with your fresh air setting on. The cycle of fresh air from outside usually helps to an extent to kill bacteria lurking on the evaporator.

the exhaust smells. as what they say like a egg fart. (so ive been told)

That's different!! Egg farts LOL :lol: :lol:

I once knew a guy in college who made his own biodiesel and got his raw oil from the KFC he was working at. The damned thing smelt like fried chicken all the time and made everyone hungry.........

Welcome to the club.

First, a silly question: You mentioned that you like the power of the Aurion. Is it possible you are crapping your self a lil everytime you put your foot down?

Second, a real question: Are the vents open? I never have my vents open but when I occasionally do I find it smells really bad.

Mine occasionally gets the smell of bowling shoes every so often (note 1 below). The musty A/C smell you get is common with many air conditioners, some just have it worse than others. Two things can be done.

1) Spray some Glen 20 lightly into the A/C inlet (located in the passenger footwell),

2) Drive around more with your fresh air setting on. The cycle of fresh air from outside usually helps to an extent to kill bacteria lurking on the evaporator.

lmao. no def not doin that.

the sulphur smell started after i put a fuel injector cleaner. whenever i step on it to overtake etc.

its really annoying. i called toyota and they said its cvommon.

its disgusting.

i just wanna get rid of it. it just started when i got it..

not once from adelaide to melb when i picked it up :(

my frikkn luck ay :(

• 9 years later...

Hey zenzen I would like to say that I know what your are talking about since I had the same exact problem. And it evens happenes when I overtake somebody and I step on the gas. I would like to say that, that's is because of your car not burning feul properly and few reasons for that one you have a bad air filter which doesnt provide the needed oxygen when required and that's why your get the smell. Second the sparkplugs not burning the feul properly and you got some extra gas coming out. And last dirty feul injecters. Start from the cheapest and go up and see if the smells goes. Me I replaced the sparkplugs and it went away. 

Hey mate I get the same thing. Rotten eggs. Funny thing is my 20 year v8 wagon did the same thing after a blast, & I put it down to worn bootlid/tailgate rubber seals. So it might be that, but also check u don't have a leak in the exhaust, especially at the flex joint up the front which is prone to being the first part of the car to hit a speedbump