What is a procedure for entering security code for the Camry Radio?

K8Canb

My battery died as a result I need to enter the security code into my radio/CD/Tape palyer. I have the code but like to know what is the exact procedure to enter the code?

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb

Edited by K8Canb

My battery died as a result I need to enter the security code into my radio/CD/Tape palyer. I have the code but like to know what is the exact procedure to enter the code?

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb

Can someone help please, it is 2005 Camry Altise V6 and I have the security code.

K8Canb

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb

I got the details from a friend. Also the procedure is provided in the owner manual which I have lost/misplaced.

K8Canb

I got the details from a friend. Also the procedure is provided in the owner manual which I have lost/misplaced.

Good to see members kind enough to share what they have just learnt. Answers need to come from somewhere and if you don't feel like sharing, then that's just greedy.

Edit: I found something like this. I'm not sure if it is the procedure or not.

1. Hold down the tune up button.

2. press number 1 whilst tune up button held down.

3. a sequence of 3 bars should be displayed.

4. press number 1 button until it reaches the correct number for the first digit.

5. press number 2 button until it reaches the correct number for the second digit.

6. press number 3 button until it reaches the correct number for the 3rd digit.

7. If radio has scan button hold it down. If radio doesn't you can hold down am/fm button or power button. radio should come back up with word sec again then shut off. You may need to manually turn it off (I can't quite remember). Turn radio off then back on.

If this works please pass it on. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS INFO.

Good to see members kind enough to share what they have just learnt. Answers need to come from somewhere and if you don't feel like sharing, then that's just greedy.

Edit: I found something like this. I'm not sure if it is the procedure or not.

1. Hold down the tune up button.

2. press number 1 whilst tune up button held down.

3. a sequence of 3 bars should be displayed.

4. press number 1 button until it reaches the correct number for the first digit.

5. press number 2 button until it reaches the correct number for the second digit.

6. press number 3 button until it reaches the correct number for the 3rd digit.

7. If radio has scan button hold it down. If radio doesn't you can hold down am/fm button or power button. radio should come back up with word sec again then shut off. You may need to manually turn it off (I can't quite remember). Turn radio off then back on.

If this works please pass it on. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS INFO.

Hi DJKOR,

When I replied and indicated that I have found the info, I was in hurry to go somewhere and the information I found is actually in the Toyota Camry Owner's manual page 105-106 (Part No. 01999-9B156).

Anyway, I am in big trouble now as the code I have is not working and the previous owner has forgotten the real code which he changed.

What are my options now? Will Toyota dealer get me the code or can the anti-theft system disabled? How? Who? Where?

If the dealer can do this what are the approximate charges?

I am going to local dealer tomorrow.

Let me know if someone has been in similar situation as mine and hopw they managed?

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb

Well from here, provided you have locked yourself out, about the only option you have is to take it to Toyota. Expect to pay them around $30 though to do so. Considering you can get basic CD/MP3 head units for around $98 or so, it may be more worth it just to replace it.

Edit: Even $88 will get something that does the trick if you aren't after MP3 playback. But with a front AUX input, you can plug your iPod or whatever into it.

Super Cheap Auto - Sony CD Player - CDXGT180

Well from here, provided you have locked yourself out, about the only option you have is to take it to Toyota. Expect to pay them around $30 though to do so. Considering you can get basic CD/MP3 head units for around $98 or so, it may be more worth it just to replace it.

Edit: Even $88 will get something that does the trick if you aren't after MP3 playback. But with a front AUX input, you can plug your iPod or whatever into it.

The unit in my Camry is CD/Casset/radio, I thought about replacing it with China made CD/Radio/GPS/Reversing Camera etc etc. Cost of $500 plus installation was above my pensioner limit.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I will have to see how to find $30 this week. Why not aftermarket radio shops do it for $20 :)

I had no alternative and took the car to local Toyota dealer and I waas charged $65 to unlock the code and rest the code of my choice.

They said the unit has to come out of the car and the entire thing take one hour of the labour.

K8Canb

Had a similar experience with my 2005 Corolla. You get 10 attempts. If unsuccessful, and I had no idea what had been coded in by the previous owner, then it's off to Toyota($Au40)...I just leave mine on the default setting.

I changed the unit in my 2001 Camry for an after market unit, more features and no code..It has a removeable front panel, without which it ain't much good to anyone.

Edited by Topdog

• 9 months later...

Hey guys ...

Mine was a bit different. I had to hold down seek and the 1 button then put my code in and within 10 seconds hold the scan button. It reset when blank and all I had to do was turn it on tune

It again and all good !! Thanks for this good share guys cheers .....sportivo 03 all good again:)

Hey guys ...

Mine was a bit different. I had to hold down seek and the 1 button then put my code in and within 10 seconds hold the scan button. It reset when blank and all I had to do was turn it on tune

It again and all good !! Thanks for this good share guys cheers .....sportivo 03 all good again:)

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/29/2011 at 6:08 PM, K8Canb said:

Hi DJKOR,

When I replied and indicated that I have found the info, I was in hurry to go somewhere and the information I found is actually in the Toyota Camry Owner's manual page 105-106 (Part No. 01999-9B156).

Anyway, I am in big trouble now as the code I have is not working and the previous owner has forgotten the real code which he changed.

What are my options now? Will Toyota dealer get me the code or can the anti-theft system disabled? How? Who? Where?

If the dealer can do this what are the approximate charges?

I am going to local dealer tomorrow.

Let me know if someone has been in similar situation as mine and hopw they managed?

Thanks in advance.

K8Canb

Last three digits of your Toyota VIN/ chasis number which is printed on ownership document is default security code for radio unit. I hope it will solve your problem. 

• Thanks 1