my toyota blade master

Hi Ben

thanks for posting about your master . We've got a standard blade and it does around 12 Km/l around town(Auckland NZ) and 15 on a trip. I'm thinking of buying a master as they are dropping to $20K now and I wondered what consumption to expect when driving steady as she goes and pressing on a bit

Cheers

Charlie

Ps our blade has the lit up sill signs and lexus style grill and little blue lights in the floor wells. You also have to keep an eye on the oil as it uses some , apparently some 2.4 motors do. We had the fancy stereo /tv/satnav but started pressing buttons while waiting for a mate and ended up with the thing asking for the original disc, we were stuffed, tried everywhere but eventually had to replace it with a simple headdeck. Toyota nz were useless and no one knew anything about the car when we bought it 2 years back. Its good for trips but the cvt does make a whirring sound sometimes which is a bit obstrusive

• 6 years later...

Hi to all. I have just purchased myself a 2009 Toyota Blade Master V6 with 29,277Ks certified on the clock. Has an English manual which I have not read yet as only bought the car today. I am the 2nd owner 3rd if you count the Japanese owner & the car is immaculate. Was surprised though that the tyre size is 205/60/16 & same pattern mag which is normally on the 2.4 Blade but it handles really well & goes like a cut cat lol.  Will wait to see in a few months if I should purchase the 224/45/17's as these tyres are brand new. I would like to thank all of you for your comments even though they are a few years old as I have looked at hundreds of cars that my wife & I could drive easily & hop in and out of as we are not young fellas anymore & this was our choice. The last owner has installed a NZ middle screen so everything is in English, cameras etc all work so big bonus there. Now in my younger years I have had some big hp cars like a 1979 Holden Premier HZ BB Chevy 427 bored out 60 thou etc 355Kws but my point is this little car is so comfy,easy to climb in & out of, economical so far lol remember only my 1st day but naturally have booted it a few times hits 160kph so damn quick & as you are accelerating the little beast pulls slightly to the right but boy great for the heart. Sure hope this posts as I have signed up to your club. Thanks again for all the helpful info. Cheers Wrapt

2009 with only 30k? that's amazing, nice buy! mine's just gone past 100k. surprised at the your tyre size too, as i'd heard the reason for the larger wheels on the master was because of the larger brakes. i agree the comfort is just great, and my family falls asleep in it quite easily too even on short trips. economy wise best i can get is 9.2km/L but that's japanese traffic for you. quite envy you for where you're able to drive yours!

so far haven't had any major problems, the single minor problem is one of the side mirrors doesn't always retract. of course hoping it'll last as long as possible, one of the big reasons being there is just no replacement.

Well M8 it was your write up that made the final decision so thxs for that. I made a mistake in the mileage as its 24,300Ks so even better right lol. We did a short trip on the weekend & now that I have figured out the dash (lucky as I love computers lol) I showed my wife how it could fly carefully of course its showing 11.8 no bull but main speed was 107kph our limit is 100kph. What a car think I might enjoy this forum stuff also to thanks again M8

Just had my Tea was extremely hungry. That figure of 11.8 is L/Ks will have to scroll read out to see what its doing per 100Ks. 1 thing that caught me out was when you put the car in reverse the left hand mirror moves down to show you that side of the car great for parallel parking. 

handles surprisingly well too, considering all the weight and it being even heavier in front than the standard 2.4 it was built from. have had the traction control kick in once only in 10 years, and it was accelerating while changing into the outside lane, already doing 80, up a hill during a downpour.

can't touch your 11.8km/L. i tried resetting the counter in all different conditions, and best i got was 10.5 on a long road trip. even on highways here there's a lot of traffic and braking though which i guess explains it. once a single extra temporary traffic light on my daily commute dropped efficiency by 0.6km/L.

very glad to hear i had a part in your decision, thanks!

remembered an ongoing problem i've had with it is the driver alert system. it often (once every 2-3 months or so) beeps loudly when it detects a "dangerous" (really just a little close, part of regular driving) situation, which i found really distracting, and dangerous because this loud beep comes right when you're in the process of trying to avoid a situation. mine's a 2007 model so maybe they improved it in your model, maybe you'll never experience it (because you don't live in a country full of asian drivers!) or maybe you'll just eventually get used to it like i sort of have. went off just this morning actually, "shut up car of course i'm not going to hit the giant truck."

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Mustafa said:

Is there any parts available in Australia for this car please let me know 

I recently viewed a YouTube video which mentioned that Toyota uses a number of common parts across different models then gave some specific examples for his vehicle. This is where you are going to start doing your own research. An initial starting point would be Wikipedia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Auris

Next starting point for specific parts would be an online parts catalogue e.g. Amayama

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=amayama+australia

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toyota/blade