Headlight globes

firezuki

* BUMP *

Bumping this old post since i still can't find an answer, if DJKOR was here i would though, bro come back online! :P

anyway i am having trouble in changing to some HB3 or 9005 bulbs they don't seem to click into place in the holder. the owners book say's that they are HB3 in the high beams but it comes with HIR 9011 bulbs?

if anyone could help me that would be great, if you help me ill give you an itunes or xbox or psn card!!

I am going insane trying to find and answer!

• 2 weeks later...

H1R1 is what you looking for.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/30369-final-word-on-the-h1r1-bulb/

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/25452-headlight-bulb-upgrade/

took these pics for you tonight, hope they help.

as in our pms you can use a file or dremel to modify the red back plate, (plastic) but the keying of the back of the reflector would still only allow certain bulb types. (check charts)

th_1-1.jpg

th_2-1.jpg

th_3.jpg

th_4.jpg

th_5.jpg

pl880555-high_intensity_xenon_hid_bulbs_

• Like 1

H1R1 is what you looking for.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/30369-final-word-on-the-h1r1-bulb/

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/25452-headlight-bulb-upgrade/

took these pics for you tonight, hope they help.

as in our pms you can use a file or dremel to modify the red back plate, (plastic) but the keying of the back of the reflector would still only allow certain bulb types. (check charts)

th_1-1.jpg

th_2-1.jpg

th_3.jpg

th_4.jpg

th_5.jpg

pl880555-high_intensity_xenon_hid_bulbs_

Thanks, Luke you are the man that's what i was looking for.

Is it easy to modify?

I would like to maybe get some sportivo headlights, would they fit.

lights for the same year models are all the same shape wise. Some are the auto turn jobbies... not sure about those when it comes to replacement bulbs.

Why don't you just modify the bulb? appar all you have to do is take a bit off the tabs?

why are you changing bulbs? sorry mate if i missed this in our pms.

i struggle to get my head around why anyone would want to change these bulbs and why you cant just take your bulb out walk into a shop and get a replacement.

Remember that hole is only 20mm..... if the shank on the other buld your trying to jamm in is thicker your cactus.

lights for the same year models are all the same shape wise. Some are the auto turn jobbies... not sure about those when it comes to replacement bulbs.

Why don't you just modify the bulb? appar all you have to do is take a bit off the tabs?

why are you changing bulbs? sorry mate if i missed this in our pms.

i struggle to get my head around why anyone would want to change these bulbs and why you cant just take your bulb out walk into a shop and get a replacement.

Remember that hole is only 20mm..... if the shank on the other buld your trying to jamm in is thicker your cactus.

I guess just personal choice why i want to change the bulb, I did go to a shop and they say you need a hb3. It's not the case as we know you can't get the HIR1 in any other colour and most shops don't even stock it, they can order it in though.

If i was going to mod the bulb base how would you do it?

Still have not done it, been a little under the weather this week. The one thing that still puzzles me is why does the owners manual say the hb3 size when research on this forum i have found that not be correct.

Also for the people that have changed to HID do you have any trouble at rego time getting a pink slip passed?

Still have not done it, been a little under the weather this week. The one thing that still puzzles me is why does the owners manual say the hb3 size when research on this forum i have found that not be correct.

Also for the people that have changed to HID do you have any trouble at rego time getting a pink slip passed?

No problems till now

No problems till now

What do you mean till now? problem with the police or getting a pink slip done?

No problems till now

What do you mean till now? problem with the police or getting a pink slip done?

Let me rephrase that... Until now there hasn't been any problems getting a pink slip.

As for cops. if you stay away from going over 6000k you should be fine, Saying that keep away from 55w and go with the 35w.

You'll find out your HIDs will last longer and you won't we risk melting your headlight housing

• Like 1

Anytime man. Just in case you have trouble deciding which one you wanna get

he's what it will look like approx

6000k is a nice white

8000k has a tint of blue

usually you can get defected for having 8000k or over depending on your luck

48313d1289920802-another-hid-hid-chart.j

Edited by Rebz

• 2 weeks later...

robboszr6

20 Dec 2013

Got 55w hid's in my ZR6 so bright and clear

Hi robbos. Can u pls tell me the product number . Im looking to change low beam on my zr6. And do i need hid blaster ? Im not sure i just wanna change my low beam thnaks