Camry 2000 Halo Headlight Installation

camrolla

Please disregard the pictures of the reflectors.... I threw that idea away and went with what STYLSH originally said back on page 1.

Okay so here it is:

DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

DSC_0019-2.jpg

DSC_0022-2.jpg

The light casing is still STOCK... just the front cover (clear perspex) and been replaced and the black housing has been added in.

PROBLEM:

DSC_0027-2.jpg

DSC_0028-2.jpg

This is the problem I'm currently facing... two black lines are appearing when I'm driving on the road... The lighting is fine just these black lines are very distracting and I don't wont to drive without sorting it out. I suspect they are coming from the light refraction onto the hole on the black housing?

Could I adjust the headlights to get rid of this or... ?

Thanks

Camrolla

I don't think putting the black part from the aftermarket headlights into the OEM back will work. The Aftermarket headlight has completely different reflectors for the low beam area, and it just wont work with the OEM one. You can tell that the light is being limited by the black part, you're getting two light spots instead of a distribution of light. The actual reason is because the semi-spherical reflecting backing for the OEM low beam doesn't marry up with the opening introduced by the black part. But I could be wrong - in my opinion just use the aftermarket headlight, I did and have been for years and no problems at all.

I don't think putting the black part from the aftermarket headlights into the OEM back will work. The Aftermarket headlight has completely different reflectors for the low beam area, and it just wont work with the OEM one. You can tell that the light is being limited by the black part, you're getting two light spots instead of a distribution of light. The actual reason is because the semi-spherical reflecting backing for the OEM low beam doesn't marry up with the opening introduced by the black part. But I could be wrong - in my opinion just use the aftermarket headlight, I did and have been for years and no problems at all.

Thank you for your reply.

Should I try adjusting the headlight screw? Will that not do much?

Where can I find the conversion harness from USA to AUS?

Regards,

Camrolla

Unfortunately adjusting the screw won't do much in your case. I got my harness from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com....=item4ced3ee439

and

http://www.ebay.com....=item3371d9327c

I used a standard electric connector and put the wires together.

I think this is the best option now...

Would you be able to post a picture of your lights and the light distribution if possible? :)

Thanks

Camrolla

Ok from what I gathered you have moved the whole reflector and black housing from the new lights to the stock ones. That means that you have still replicated the problem with the lights spreading to the wrong side of the road. If I remember correctly I didn't need to cut that wire to take out the black housing as I had to remove it when I was modifying it for the projectors. Pretty sure you can unplug it and it'll come out.

I ended up doing it your way... but I'm getting those black lines in the middle of the road as can be seen on page 2.

Thanks

Camrolla

I have a feeling because your car is a gen 4 with the fluted glass lenses instead of the clears from factory. They spread differently especially after you swap them for the clear lenses.

I have a feeling because your car is a gen 4 with the fluted glass lenses instead of the clears from factory. They spread differently especially after you swap them for the clear lenses.

Yes, that is another factor which I also thought of as well. Did you use the aftermarket clear perspex? Did you experience those black lines by any chance... they're annoying....

Thanks

Camrolla

Edited by camrolla

• 1 month later...

hello guys , hows it going ?

i am looking to buy the same after market lights , i was wondering if the the lighting (like when i turn on the headlight)s , will it be fine or will it get into on coming drivers vision and get them angry ?

cheers

tchew

hello guys , hows it going ?

i am looking to buy the same after market lights , i was wondering if the the lighting (like when i turn on the headlight)s , will it be fine or will it get into on coming drivers vision and get them angry ?

cheers

tchew

Read through the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

There are actually projectors kits for aussie market. a lot easier to install and no issues with black lines. I am using Gen 4.5 headlamp in my Gen 4 with the projector kit. not the best looking thing after completion but at least better than blinding everyone on the road.