Aurion with High KMs

sloutch

Indeed, in future please apply the Patrick Stewart or Morgan Freeman test to your posts. Sean Connery also applies.

This means if you can't imagine them saying it as it's written, then apply more grammar.

Indeed, in future please apply the Patrick Stewart or Morgan Freeman test to your posts. Sean Connery also applies.

This means if you can't imagine them saying it as it's written, then apply more grammar.

So I'm guessing in this case he hasn't even passed the Sylvester Stallone test.

I'm thinking the Zed test was used by mistake. Officer Zed from the Police Academy movies. Yeah, I can picture him saying it EXACTLY how it was written. :P .

Edited by Beep Beep

I'm thinking the Zed test was used by mistake. Officer Zed from the Police Academy movies. Yeah, I can picture him saying it EXACTLY how it was written. :P .

oh hell yeah, good thought. on the note of him mentioning about 'grammar police', i should've given him a fine. :P only kidding...

• 1 month later...

back onto the original topic folks.

Is the 90,000kms service a major service? When are the major services for Aurions? 30, 60, 90, 120?

What components need replacing during the major services?

back onto the original topic folks.

Is the 90,000kms service a major service? When are the major services for Aurions? 30, 60, 90, 120?

What components need replacing during the major services?

Major services are every 15,000km on the Aurion. The minor services are every 7,500km and are typically for cars that are driven in harsher environments or used more than others.

As for what gets done with each service, please refer to your service logbook as this varies according to your service.

correct me if im wrong, I dont think the OP has an Aurion but is looking to buy one...

Yes i'm sorry, i haven't purchase my Aurion just yet :)

Will be looking for one really soon once i sell off my VW.

Okay so I have a Camry 2.4 so it is a differant keetle of fish but as mine was an ex rent a thrasher, it is going awesome and is up to 120k. I know that the rent a car mob that had it prior to me NEVER service auto trannys and so the tranny was first serviced at around 90k, but is performing perfectly. Por old Tarago had 155k rent a thrasher klicks on it so its first tranny service was at that. Still pulls like a 14 year old school boy. Only issue so far was standard stuff like an engine mount, (Van had been in a couple of rent a car crashes.) and brake rotors. Over 200K on it now and still great, shame the ex took it. If you have a good mechenic that is 9 tenths the battle right there. That along with all the helpfull souls on this list, you cannot go wrong.

Having said that I am still unable to find a place in Western Sydney or a report of one to sort out the dreaded "pull to the left" syndrome that is killing my tyres at around 10 to 15k

Good luck.

I paid $12,000 for my 2006 Aurion, it had ~116,000 km's on it. It is the baseline model.

I found out 4 weeks after purchase that the tiptronic didn't work. No biggie, hoping that is the reason I got the car so cheap.

The gears slip (for about a second) when the car is cold, but not when warmed up.

I had to replace the front rims, as they were badly buckled (yep the both of them). Cost - $177.

Apart from a service, and of course petrol, this $177 is all I have paid out for repairs on the car in the 5 months I have owned it.

No rattles, squeeks, nothing annoying the driving experience.

This is the best car I have yet purchased.

I paid $12,000 for my 2006 Aurion, it had ~116,000 km's on it. It is the baseline model.

I found out 4 weeks after purchase that the tiptronic didn't work. No biggie, hoping that is the reason I got the car so cheap.

The gears slip (for about a second) when the car is cold, but not when warmed up.

I had to replace the front rims, as they were badly buckled (yep the both of them). Cost - $177.

Apart from a service, and of course petrol, this $177 is all I have paid out for repairs on the car in the 5 months I have owned it.

No rattles, squeeks, nothing annoying the driving experience.

This is the best car I have yet purchased.

Thanks for your feedback.

So you are not going to try and fix the issue with your tiptronic?

And 2 rims for $177??? So you got 2 new rims for just $177? I suppose they are just the ones with the "rim cap" and not those alloy wheels right?

I am in no rush to be trying to fix my tiptronic there sloutch - I am currently unemployed.

The car drives well, will get around to finding out what exactly is wrong with the tiptronic.

I got the rims brand new from Midland Toyota - I am kinda amazed at the low price. The alternative was to pay a very similar price for 2nd hand rims that had tyres with "80%" tread on them. I already had new tyres on mine so by principle I got the brand new rims.

• 5 months later...

Quick update to this thread.

Finally bought an 09 ATX with 80***kms on it.

Still with the dealer and i am wondering if i should go for an extended 3 year warranty for $1,500.

Slouch .. my way of thinking is $1500 buys a lot of repairs.

With those extended warranties read the fine print very closely.

Most have that many conditons and exclusions they are not worth the paper they are written on.

Some sold by dealers are only valid if you have the car serviced by them on schedule... and sometimes this can be over priced.

My approach would be to have the car professionally inspected before purchase and *do not* take delivery until every item is corrected.

Do not get anxious and fall victim to any promise of "bring it back next week and we will look into it then"... :-(

Next thing, find a good local mechanic and stick with him so he gets to know your car.

He should forsee any impending problems and do something about it before it results in a catastrophic failure. Far better than a $1500 ext warranty that may be useless.

Depends on the type of warranty. I purchased the extended factory warranty from toyota which is a full replica of the original factory warranty so it goes by the same rules for servicing etc. Its worth the peace of mind knowing the car is covered for the extra 3 years.

Slouch .. my way of thinking is $1500 buys a lot of repairs.

With those extended warranties read the fine print very closely.

Most have that many conditons and exclusions they are not worth the paper they are written on.

Some sold by dealers are only valid if you have the car serviced by them on schedule... and sometimes this can be over priced.

My approach would be to have the car professionally inspected before purchase and *do not* take delivery until every item is corrected.

Do not get anxious and fall victim to any promise of "bring it back next week and we will look into it then"... :-(

Next thing, find a good local mechanic and stick with him so he gets to know your car.

He should forsee any impending problems and do something about it before it results in a catastrophic failure. Far better than a $1500 ext warranty that may be useless.

Barney: Thanks for your words of advice. I had the same thinking as you. In the end, i went with the $1,500 3 year warranty with Alliance.

The warranty requires me to service the car according to logbooks at ANY mechanic, not the dodgy ones of course. The warranty includes almost every single part of the car, from the CD player to pistons and head gaskets in the engine. I hope i had a good deal.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost a month later and i finally read your reply Slouch!! OK, i'm slack! :-)

It's my fault for not being clearer ....but I was trying to tell you not to get the extended warranty. Oh well.. :-(

Anyway, you have a good policy by the sound of it and I have heard a lot of good things about Alliance. My house has been insured with them for 23 years and they have been great with that plus I just insured my new car with them as well.. :-)

Happy motoring..

• 4 weeks later...

We have recently joined the world of 'Aurion Ownership' and purchased a white 07 AT-X with 118K on the odometer. The log books show it was a lease vehicle but had servicing every 15K. The vehicle was filthy dirty, the interior mainly the seats was stained & looked pretty ordinary :-(

We ended up paying $10K for the vehicle and the seller renewed the rego for 6 mths the day before we picked it up :-)

After a good wash, some cutting compound, a decent clean of all the interior, fitting some genuine seat covers ... the vehicle doesn't 'look' like the cheapy we bought !!!

We had looked at many 08 Aurions in dealers but the prices they wanted was rediculous ! We had considered buying 08 or 09 model with lower km's but the prices were another 6 - 7K more in car yards.

So overall we are over the moon with our 'cheapy' ..... drives superbly, everything actually works and now we can keep it maintained regularly & simply enjoy our Aurion :-)

One thing I keep in mind when buying used vehicles isn't so much the actual km's travelled ... but how they are travelled. This vehicle we purchased was a country car so clocked up most of it's mileage NOT in stop start city traffic or short trips. Time will tell if my purchase was in the longer term, really good value for money of if we bought someone else's trouble :-)

• 2 months later...

I have now got just over 150k's on mine and still no real problems with it. Besides the dash rattles which dont really bother me, I have not had a problem with it. I brought the factory extended warranty (Extra Care) when it covered everything and it has been pritty handy for things like shock, which on aussie built toyotas have never been the best. The only real problem I have had with mine is that it just recently got diagnosed with piston slap, but it is not major.

The car does just over 1000k's a week and still going strong