89 corolla

Corolla89

Is it an AE92 or AE82? Unless it's a Twincam/SX, it's worth bugger all, maybe $1.5k if you're lucky and it is absolutely mint. Twincams and SXs command higher prices, but it would need to be in exactly in the same condition it rolled off the showroom floor or professionally restored, meticulously cared for or highly highly modified to get anywhere near $5k. Sure the k's are low, but that can mean that it has sat in a shed for a lot of its life and hasn't been looked after/serviced properly (especially if it has been serviced based on kms and not time)

First rule of modified cars - what you paid on the mods is irrelevant. What the finished product is worth is what "value" is based off. Example - we bought a Soarer last year for $13,000, that included a sound system that the owner paid $15,000 for. Does that mean the car by itself was worth -$2000? Of course not.

Maybe you should post some photos up, it is very hard to gauge value based on a few lines of text. Pictures tell a thousand words.

EDIT - going off the list of mods (I'm assuming "serspaion" is suspension), it'll probably be worth LESS than a clean stocker. Every man and his dog has modified an AE92 with bodykits, big wheels and loud paint jobs, so much so that a clean original stock model is worth more. Remember at the end of the day it is still a 22 year old car that wasn't particularly expensive when it came out, so don't expect the sheikhs to be knocking at your door offering an oil-well and an emirate in trade.

Get real I just had a guy call me and said he will give me 9,000 for it

LOL. I'd like to see that one go through. Seriously I would not be paying any more than $2k for a car like that... and that's only if the car was truly immaculate and I was in a generous mood.

Good luck if you are expecting more than that. It's only going to keep losing value while you wait for a price that you aren't going to get.

If I decide to keep it would u recon I should put a r100 rotary in it or leave The sx twincam in it

R100 rotary engine, never heard of that engine. Besides, you do realise the difference between FWD and RWD right

and 9,000, yeah right its an old (probably bucket of crap) corolla, unless its an AE86 or something SUPER rare no corolla of that era is worth anywhere near that.

I've changed my mind from clueless to troll. The $9k and R100 "engine" (the R100 was a car, not an engine, from the 60s/70s, and had a 10A non-turbo rotary)

School holidays anyone?

I've changed my mind from clueless to troll. The $9k and R100 "engine" (the R100 was a car, not an engine, from the 60s/70s, and have a 10A non-turbo rotary)

School holidays anyone?

my thoughts exactly. One more stupid post and the banhammer comes out.

I've changed my mind from clueless to troll. The $9k and R100 "engine" (the R100 was a car, not an engine, from the 60s/70s, and have a 10A non-turbo rotary)

School holidays anyone?

he or she's just asking too much. my first impression is the person doesn't knwo how to be grammartically correct, and the fact that having 0 posts when there's obviously about 10 under that name seems unfeasible(if you guys are seeing what i'm seeing that is). hang on, prior to posting this i was on 422 posts, but it didn't budge after i posted this...what's going on?

Edited by Noodle Boy

School holidays anyone?

he or she's just asking too much. my first impression is the person doesn't knwo how to be grammartically correct, and the fact that having 0 posts when there's obviously about 10 under that name seems unfeasible(if you guys are seeing what i'm seeing that is). hang on, prior to posting this i was on 422 posts, but it didn't budge after i posted this...what's going on?

posts in the club lounge area do not count towards your post count.

Who ever u are I work around car 7 days a week so I know my car I was building car wif my old man wen I was 9 so I know cars don't u wory about that me and my old man are doing up a ht monaro Currently so and the 89 is the only Toyota I touched I know Holden more then any other car

Who ever u are I work around car 7 days a week so I know my car I was building car wif my old man wen I was 9 so I know cars don't u wory about that me and my old man are doing up a ht monaro Currently so and the 89 is the only Toyota I touched I know Holden more then any other car

You "know" cars, and yet you still think that your car is worth 2-3 times more than Redbook value, and are considering swapping out one of the best 4-cylinder engines of the 80s and 90s (the 100kw 1.6L smallport 4AGE) for a non-turbo 1.0L twin-rotor 10A putting out a grand total of 75kw from a car 20 years older.

If you know so much about cars you would realize a couple of things;

1) the R100 was a small mazda coupe from the 70's powered by a 10A rotary engine.

2) that trying to fit a rotary engine to a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE corolla is both difficult and pointless

3) that an AE92 SX is worth no where near $9,000 (or even $5,000)

If you worked around cars seven days a week that would either make you a mechanic, an apprentice mechanic or some kind of assistant... so which are you?

By the way, your extremely poor grammar and spelling really isn't helping your argument here.

If you pay me ill take the corolla, then ill use the money you pay me to pay back to you for your crappy ht monaro. Thats about best youll get, come back and talk to us when you grow hair in your adult areas.