Hey 1st time toyota driver

Nikromunga

Hi I'm Nick, I've just bought a 2007 Aurion Presara with 40k kms. Its my first Toyota and a very different car to what i used to drive.

My previous cars were (in order);

- Hq Holden panelvan

- Holden VR Commodore Berlina which i spent $20,000+ modifying!!! :o

- Nissan 180sx turbo

- Nissan CIMA (jap import) - v8

and now the Aurion.

Mainly settled for a more "family car" as i have a 2 year old daughter and need to be more sensible. Although I have planned in the next 6 months to put 20" wheels and dump it nice and low, as well as switch out the headlights and replace with CCFL angel eye and "audi" style leds units and a possible lip kit.

I would have to say the v6 is not as weak as i was expecting and i am quite surprised at the power of the car. Its only downfall for me is its FWD :(

Anyway thats my intro, hope to get some knowledge and advice from these forums.

Cheers

Welcome...

Why do you say FWD is a downfall? No hectic skids? :unsure:

No not that. More I prefer the feel of how a RWD handles and drives as opposed to a FWD. I think of it more as a push and pull situation. A RWD will push the weight and a FWD will pull the weight. And generally pushing is better than pulling. But Like i said, I am quite surprised at the power of the toyota V6 FWD. But dam to torque steer!

not to betray the tocaus but how did the 180sx handle, im looking to get one in the future laugh.gif

In all honesty, out off all the cars being Straight6, V6, V8 and 4cylTurbo I've owned...........I miss the 180sx the most. They are the funnest cars to drive. Very fast and awesome handling. Heaps of power when you want it or just a good cruiser when you dont. The one I had was 260KW. Thats alot of power for a small coupe. Parts are extremely easy to get as there are so many aftermarket parts. Your only problem will be finding a genuinely low KM car that hasn't been thrashed. In saying that though the SR20det can take a hell of a beating. If it wasn't for the fact i have a daughter, I would have got another one.