damn tweeters

Hi everyone!

Today i open my 2 front door trims just so i can have a look at what the speakers look like so that in the future when i do buy new ones i would know what exactly the dimensions are and how to install them, anyway long story short i was curious to see how small the tweeters was for the car so i opened the cover, to my surprise there was NOTHING! in there, no wires at all just emptiness, that pretty much ****** me off i felt jibbed! my question is what are your recommendation on tweeters, brands? quality? power output? dimensions of the tweeters and which one would mount so well that there's no need to change the cover of it. hehe yeh i'm a noob to this i've never had tweeters in my car before. btw i dont have a sub or an amp and not planning on getting one in the future just good speakres and tweeters. i saw a pair of tweeters on ebay from HK for 7 bux and i was tempted! haha it shows how much i wanted a pair of tweeters at that instant. also can you tell me if the stock sportivo 03 tweeters was any good!

thank you and let me know your thoughts on this.

Hi everyone!

Today i open my 2 front door trims just so i can have a look at what the speakers look like so that in the future when i do buy new ones i would know what exactly the dimensions are and how to install them, anyway long story short i was curious to see how small the tweeters was for the car so i opened the cover, to my surprise there was NOTHING! in there, no wires at all just emptiness, that pretty much ****** me off i felt jibbed! my question is what are your recommendation on tweeters, brands? quality? power output? dimensions of the tweeters and which one would mount so well that there's no need to change the cover of it. hehe yeh i'm a noob to this i've never had tweeters in my car before. btw i dont have a sub or an amp and not planning on getting one in the future just good speakres and tweeters. i saw a pair of tweeters on ebay from HK for 7 bux and i was tempted! haha it shows how much i wanted a pair of tweeters at that instant. also can you tell me if the stock sportivo 03 tweeters was any good!

thank you and let me know your thoughts on this.

did your car even come with tweeters ?

since you're upgrading your speakers, why not get splits ?

You want good speakers/tweeters which means you need to spend more than.$7.

Factory speakers are ok especially if you put.a.new headuunit in.

However, a pair of individual tweeters can be hooked.up to factory with as little as the tweeters and a capacitor to permit high frequencies only.

i did some research and it says that it does come with 6 speakers so im assuming that one of it is the tweeters, and what exactly are splitters? kinder new to the audio part of cars

when i open the door i do notice there was a plug-in just like for the door power window switch, the same switch/plug in sort of stull so i just thought that i can buy any sort of tweeters and just connect them.

i would have been tripping out if there werent any tweeters in there and splits is where there is is your tweeter is seperate to the woofer with a crossover and they are pretty much a must if your going to put tweeters in... pretty much all your vocals will come from your tweeters and you will notice a huge diffrence

@ losties,

is you corolla the Sportivo?

If not, you would not have the side tweeters, because the sportivo came with them out of factory... I have added the tweeters to mine from a sportivo, it is simply plug in and play :D and IMO they work really well and make the treble and high end frequencies alot better :D

Evo

Hey Man,

You can put upto 6.25" speaker in the front without any problems.

The quality of the sound is going to come down to the quality of the speaker. Most autobarn / super cheap brands (poineer, kenwood) will do a great job if you just a "better than factory" sound

Personally, I go a bit further to achieve "awesome sound". If you want to play in this field, be prepared to drop some coin. Brands to look for include: Hetrz, German Maestro, Response (jaycar)

Just remember, this is a person view, other people may differ in there views and there is no right or wrong answer!

thanks for replying guys

anyway i have a stock head unit so im sure that might have something to do with the sound output, a friend of mine has given me a pair of 180W peak kenwood speaker i think they are 2 way. i dont mind spending a bit of money since i know audio equipments are expensive overall. However i don't want it to be over the top, maybe something with a good amount of bass and crystal clear sound when driving with the window's down. At the time being i will just purchase another pair of kenwood speakers or pioneer speakers and just plug it in. It doesn't matter if i use too different brand right? as long as the power outpout for both of the speaker are similar? Also with the splitter thing i dont really know what it looks like, when i did search for it it comes up these audio jack plugin splitter, something like this My link

im interested in how everyone has set up their audio equipment, such as the brand they went with, whether they are using an amp or a sub or just aftermarket speakers, and how pleased are they with their setup and the quality of it . I always thought that the stereo and head unit doesnt have a big part in all of this but i guess you guys give me some insight to that :D

regards losties

honnestly i would keep the speakers the same eg. Dont put one Fusion tweeter and one kenwood keep them the same.. If you want your car to sound good invest in a pair of jvc splits from supercheap will porb cost you about 150 bucks but will give you great sound if you willing to spend a bit more money and want a crispy clean sound then i would suggest maybe putting a small 4 channel amp with a set of soundstream or fusion splits in the front.. are you looking at putting a sub in and what about the speakers in the back seats are you changing those aswell..?

Also, keep in mind, that you will require a 'custom' bracket to hold the speakers in the door trims, some triangle shape i think.

Most speakers now come with a "custom" bracket. If not, make a template out of 8mm MDF from the stocko's ;)

okay so far i've added the 2 kenwood 3 way 180w peak speakers, i dont think i notice any different at the moment, since i've only change the 2 speakers in the front. i tried pumping the music up with just those those using the stock headunit that i have but the sound doesn't sound as good as i wanted too, can someone tell me is it because of the headunit or the stock speakers at the back and the tweeters in the front. would sound qualithy change if i just change all the speakers and leave the stereo area stock or i have to change everything

regards

losties

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I know in the ZRE Sedan, the Tweeters in them IN MY OPINION, are EXTREMELY F***ing GOOD! Too good I believe, seeing as when I have my SUBwoofer blowing my boot apart, all I can hear is Blistering HIGH PITCH Bitches, or just super low & loud, deep sounds?

My parcel shelf has upgraded speakers, which the rear passenger don't really care, but my door speakers are standard, and I can't hear them at all, all I can seriously hear is just the Standard Tweeters going off & Low freq's playing, that's all...

Edit: Speakers, minus the sub, all run off the Headunit!

Edited by iVaz