New here - Besides cruises, do Celica owners meet weekly?

Ghost 5

Hi All,

I'm a month-old new owner of a ST184R 1992 Celica, and recently joined this site.

I'm wondering, besides "cruises" arranged monthly (as there seemed to be one last Sun 2nd October), do any Celica owners in Brisbane meet up weekly anywhere? I know little about cars, but am interested in meeting fellow Celica owners whose vehicles are around mine's vintage. Hopefully, I can learn a few things and get a few tips on how to look after my new baby.

I'm not interested in doing it up with all sorts of modifications; just restoring it to full working order gradually when I can. (It is very much driveable still though!)

Kind regards to all,

Ghost 5.

Edited by Ghost 5

What is with Celica owners and wanting to only meet with your own kind. Not directing this at you Brad, but more of a general statement because there have been more than a few new Celica members with the same mentality. Our Brisbane meet is open to everyone. No need to separate yourselves from the rest of us.

Yeah... well I kinda have a Tarago engine in my car :P

Wait, wut?

Jesus! Gone are the days of the old 4-banger in the 8 seater.

Ahh, the memories of the car stuffed, family holiday and dad trying overtake in that thing. :D

I have a lexus engine in my celica? well, I will....

OP, come along to our Brisbane meet on Thursday nights, a few of us either own celicas, or used to.

What is with Celica owners and wanting to only meet with your own kind. Not directing this at you Brad, but more of a general statement because there have been more than a few new Celica members with the same mentality. Our Brisbane meet is open to everyone. No need to separate yourselves from the rest of us.

*grovels*

sorry!

*slaps bad mentality*

hehe, i love all tocau equally!

celica,camry corolla, sexus doesnt matter we are all toyotas

more members the better laugh.gif

Edited by KIRIUS

OP, come along to our Brisbane meet on Thursday nights, a few of us either own celicas, or used to.

I was there last Thursday night and met some of you. Kirius, I left for home around the time you headed off to meet the others so I missed you.

I didn't mean to cause any offence to other Toyota owners; don't get me wrong - the other cars there looked great, but I thought that other Celica owners would be the best people to advise me about specific Celica-related things to look out for (and also where are the reputable places to get parts and where can I find reputable mechanics who really know Celicas and wouldn't steer me in the wrong direction with them?)

I had some bad runs before with some mechanics who have tried to disable things on my cars before and then try to offer me peanuts for it, and I know nothing about cars so I'm an easy target. I just hoped that some Celica-savvy people might tell me what to look out for.

I have no interest in turning it into a street-machine; I just want to get it back to full-running condition and intend to keep it for years to come...

I certainly wasn't trying to project an "Us vs. Them" attitude! :-)

Kirius, I might catch you at another meet maybe?

Loki aka KIRIUS comes to our meets. Mick used to have a have a few Celicas and still has a couple as well. He is probably the most knowledgeable Celica guys around. I have a bit of knowledge of the 5S-FE engine as well.

Edited by trentmeyer23

I was there last Thursday night and met some of you. Kirius, I left for home around the time you headed off to meet the others so I missed you.

I didn't mean to cause any offence to other Toyota owners; don't get me wrong - the other cars there looked great, but I thought that other Celica owners would be the best people to advise me about specific Celica-related things to look out for (and also where are the reputable places to get parts and where can I find reputable mechanics who really know Celicas and wouldn't steer me in the wrong direction with them?)

I had some bad runs before with some mechanics who have tried to disable things on my cars before and then try to offer me peanuts for it, and I know nothing about cars so I'm an easy target. I just hoped that some Celica-savvy people might tell me what to look out for.

I have no interest in turning it into a street-machine; I just want to get it back to full-running condition and intend to keep it for years to come...

definately ^_^ i will be there this thurs, ill be earlier though now that i know where im going.. (blames HTC)

once again i quote:

"(mick who has owned like almost every model in every gen-currently owns a sexus :D,) and Trent who runs the same motor but in a camry(well did before it became a 5sge) both these guys are encyclopedias on celicas and im sure we can help you with any prob you have.

(yay finally another st184, im excited, LOL)clap.gif "

just to stroke trents ego :D

haha.

Yeah ghost i know exactly what your talking about too i have been had recently by the dodgiest mech ever, but thanks to mick and trent, i now know the best registered mechanic around(except them of course but theyre not mechs by public trade), if you have probs you need only find Johno. :D

definately ^_^ i will be there this thurs, ill be earlier though now that i know where im going.. (blames HTC)

once again i quote:

"(mick who has owned like almost every model in every gen-currently owns a sexus :D,) and Trent who runs the same motor but in a camry(well did before it became a 5sge) both these guys are encyclopedias on celicas and im sure we can help you with any prob you have.

(yay finally another st184, im excited, LOL)clap.gif "

just to stroke trents ego :D

haha.

Yeah ghost i know exactly what your talking about too i have been had recently by the dodgiest mech ever, but thanks to mick and trent, i now know the best registered mechanic around(except them of course but theyre not mechs by public trade), if you have probs you need only find Johno. :D

I'll try to get there early this Thurs around 7pm if you and anyone else will be there around that time; I have to go to bed early that night - early start on Friday morning!

If I may ask, what car problems did you have that your mechanic (I'm guessing that's "johno") fixed for you? Can you tell me where he is based and what he charged you for the work done (if you don't mind me asking).

Thanks!

everyone loves a bit of jonno :P

His shop is in ipswich, but yeah will give more details thursday.

If its stuff that does not require a hoist, then either myself or trent can probably do it for you. but for major stuff, its just easier if jono does it.

If its stuff that does not require a hoist, then either myself or trent can probably do it for you. but for major stuff, its just easier if jono does it.

hello there... I have 2 basic questions:

Where do you meet on Thurdsday night? Usually, it is more a nono during the week due to early start in the morning but... never say never! :rolleyes:

Who/where is Jonno in Ipswich? :D

Where do you meet on Thurdsday night? Usually, it is more a nono during the week due to early start in the morning but... never say never! :rolleyes:

Check out this thread -

hello there... I have 2 basic questions:

Who/where is Jonno in Ipswich? :D

Show up and details may be given.

Thanks for the meeting details but too far for me on a Thursday evening with early start on Friday.

As for Jonno, the only thing as was thinking is: if it is a garage, I could see if I could get my car serviced there, thats all!

have fun and be safe on the road