Removing front bar of a presara

Nikromunga

hey, I've done a search on this but can't find anything specific to the presara and I think it will make a difference. Im in WA and am planning on removing the headlights and sending them to Autojoy to have LED angel eyes installed. From what I gather I need to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out. Now the Presara has front sensors aswell as headlight washers built into the bumper. Does anyone know if these are gonna cause me grieve getting the bumper off? Is it possible at all to remove the headlights without completly taking the bumper off?

Cheers for any advice.

hey, I've done a search on this but can't find anything specific to the presara and I think it will make a difference. Im in WA and am planning on removing the headlights and sending them to Autojoy to have LED angel eyes installed. From what I gather I need to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out. Now the Presara has front sensors aswell as headlight washers built into the bumper. Does anyone know if these are gonna cause me grieve getting the bumper off? Is it possible at all to remove the headlights without completly taking the bumper off?

Cheers for any advice.

Part 1

Part 2

Its an aurion, soo should be close,

and have you read the TOCAU Aurion FAQ i think the front bar bit should be there

Cheers for any advice.

Yes, you can. the process is the same as the rest of Aurions, just be mindful of the wires for the sensor and the washer jet and make sure you have something under the bumper to hold it up and you will be fine.

Cheers for the information, much appreciated.

I too have to remove the bumper to change the HID low beam bulb. I've ordered the bulbs from the net and awaiting delivery. I called up Toyota in Osbourne Park for a quote, it was $480 for 1 bulb and an extra $210 to install it.

Cheers for the information, much appreciated.

I too have to remove the bumper to change the HID low beam bulb. I've ordered the bulbs from the net and awaiting delivery. I called up Toyota in Osbourne Park for a quote, it was $480 for 1 bulb and an extra $210 to install it.

Typical Toyota ripping people off. Shouldn't be any more than $100 supplied and fitted

I called up Toyota in Osbourne Park for a quote, it was $480 for 1 bulb and an extra $210 to install it.

WHAT!? Biggest ripoff of the century. 690bucks to replace a bulb!? You can get a full philips hid conversion kit for 125 incl shipping.

ebay

Have recently put HID kit in mine and replaced the bulbs of course and there was no need to remove the bumper. Hands will fit in there and I aint got small hands by any means.

SirNed

whilst were on the topic of lights and HIDS. I am to believe the Presara has factory HID xenons? Does this mean i have HID lights and if I want to get a blue/white brighter colour i can just change the bulb. AT the moment it looks like a 4300k (i think).

Wont guarantee it as am sure there are others here that can confirm but until then. Yes you would be correct. Simple matter of changing the bulb for a different k value

whilst were on the topic of lights and HIDS. I am to believe the Presara has factory HID xenons? Does this mean i have HID lights and if I want to get a blue/white brighter colour i can just change the bulb. AT the moment it looks like a 4300k (i think).

I want to change it to 6000k too, but no idea how to open the headlight housing to access the bulb.