(NSW) '88 ST162 SX parts/restoration car

Hiro

F/S: 1988 Toyota Celica ST162 SX, Series 2, burgundy

GenI Series 2 3SGE w/ TVIS

Cat-back exhaust (I believe, unsure on spec, nice subtle sound)

5-speed manual

Power Steering

Power Windows

Central locking

Factory Sunroof

17x7" Momo Twins w/ Toyo Proxes 4 tyres, lots of tread. Little/no gutter rash, however missing 1 centre cap and at least one wheel has a flat spot (does not lose air and is balanced)

+15mm rear spacers, slip-on but hubcentric both on hub and wheel, custom machined, longer wheel studs included

Pros:

Running car, all mechanical functions present, does not overheat or blow white smoke

Uncracked Series 2 front grille w/ CELICA logo

Still has factory front lip extension (w/ some damage however)

Full interior

New front brake pads

Almost full tread on tyres

Cons:

Suspension is well overdue for replacement, rides OK on stock wheels but very crashy on 17s

Engine does blow a bit of black/blue smoke, runs a little rich, rough on cold startup when low on oil. Recommend full service as it has been sitting in shed for 12 months

Excessive rust in sunroof (enough to leak when it rains)

Sunroof slide function does not currently work, could possibly be due to rust jamming it but unsure

Small bubbles of rust in A-pillar

Hatch seal needs replacing near boot lock

Hatch gas struts need replacing, will not hold hatch on anything other than flat ground or downhill

Paint scrapes + crazing on front and rear bumper, faded paint on spoiler

Aerial snapped

Central locking sticky on passenger's side door

Rego expired/cancelled, would need blue-slip to be re-registered (not provided, no guarantee it will pass without work either)

Battery utterly dead

Selling car complete, recommeded it be bought as a parts car or complete restoration due to condition. Car is driveable (with new battery) and can be shown running

Wheels/spacers can be bought seperately, however longer studs will stay with the car.

If car does not sell as a whole, will be parting out on request

Photos:

P1120130.jpg

P1120135.jpg

P1120077.jpg

P1120113.jpg

P1120355.jpg

Further pictures available on request

Price: $750 w/ Momos, $500 w/ stockies (with varying tread)

Located in Newcastle, NSW

Contact via PM/reply here, or SMS only on 0401207794

• 2 weeks later...

F/S: 1988 Toyota Celica ST162 SX, Series 2, burgundy

GenI Series 2 3SGE w/ TVIS

Cat-back exhaust (I believe, unsure on spec, nice subtle sound)

5-speed manual

Power Steering

Power Windows

Central locking

Factory Sunroof

17x7" Momo Twins w/ Toyo Proxes 4 tyres, lots of tread. Little/no gutter rash, however missing 1 centre cap and at least one wheel has a flat spot (does not lose air and is balanced)

+15mm rear spacers, slip-on but hubcentric both on hub and wheel, custom machined, longer wheel studs included

Pros:

Running car, all mechanical functions present, does not overheat or blow white smoke

Uncracked Series 2 front grille w/ CELICA logo

Still has factory front lip extension (w/ some damage however)

Full interior

New front brake pads

Almost full tread on tyres

Cons:

Suspension is well overdue for replacement, rides OK on stock wheels but very crashy on 17s

Engine does blow a bit of black/blue smoke, runs a little rich, rough on cold startup when low on oil. Recommend full service as it has been sitting in shed for 12 months

Excessive rust in sunroof (enough to leak when it rains)

Sunroof slide function does not currently work, could possibly be due to rust jamming it but unsure

Small bubbles of rust in A-pillar

Hatch seal needs replacing near boot lock

Hatch gas struts need replacing, will not hold hatch on anything other than flat ground or downhill

Paint scrapes + crazing on front and rear bumper, faded paint on spoiler

Aerial snapped

Central locking sticky on passenger's side door

Rego expired/cancelled, would need blue-slip to be re-registered (not provided, no guarantee it will pass without work either)

Battery utterly dead

Selling car complete, recommeded it be bought as a parts car or complete restoration due to condition. Car is driveable (with new battery) and can be shown running

Wheels/spacers can be bought seperately, however longer studs will stay with the car.

If car does not sell as a whole, will be parting out on request

Photos:

P1120130.jpg

P1120135.jpg

P1120077.jpg

P1120113.jpg

P1120355.jpg

Further pictures available on request

Price: $750 w/ Momos, $500 w/ stockies (with varying tread)

Located in Newcastle, NSW

Contact via PM/reply here, or SMS only on 0401207794

so just to confirm.. it would have to be towed away as its no longer redgoed?

so i cannot drive it home..

Correct, it is something like 9 months out of rego, so legally should be towed or trailered - it physically runs fine (with a new batery). Depending on how far you're going you might be able to get away with an unregistered vehicle permit, but I think they're only for the purposes of getting to a mechanic to get a blue/pink slip.

• 2 months later...

Correct, it is something like 9 months out of rego, so legally should be towed or trailered - it physically runs fine (with a new batery). Depending on how far you're going you might be able to get away with an unregistered vehicle permit, but I think they're only for the purposes of getting to a mechanic to get a blue/pink slip.

Hey there Hiro,

Just wanted to "bump" this too see if its still around...

almost thinking on coming too get it if it is..

Peace

Sure is still here

At this stage I'm taking just about any reasonable offer to get rid of it (assuming the missus agrees too, but she really wants to get rid of it and get cash too)

Sure is still here

At this stage I'm taking just about any reasonable offer to get rid of it (assuming the missus agrees too, but she really wants to get rid of it and get cash too)

O i wish i had some money... {now that is}

• 3 weeks later...

I am really interested in this car and can get the cash. Just recently picked up ST162 convertable that needs some work and parts. Only problem is that I do not have a car with tow bar so I can trailer it down. Do you happen to know someone who could deliver it to Wyoming (central coast) for a fee?

No idea sorry, only recommendation would be hire a ute and trailer. The car is basically spoken for anyway, if that falls through I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

Still got this guys, really keen to get rid of this in the next couple of weeks otherwise it's going to the wreckers