engine oil for 03 sportivo

Hi everyone i just recently purchased a 2003 corolla sportivo and was planning to do a service on the car this weekend and just wanted to know what type of oil to use.

any suggestions would be very helpful

the car has done just over 200K KMS

also is it worth me doing any other oil changes on the car since it has done so many Kms like gearbox oil etc.

cheers.

First off welcome to the forums.

Secondly, check out the top right of the screen for the search bar because as I discovered when I first got on here, a good 90% of anything that can happen to the sportivo, a member or 2 on here has had the same thing happen.

I use a Nulon 5w-40 which is great as you want protection from startup all throughout the rev range + LIFT as the temp rises.

Many other members use something different so have a little bit of a search.

Don't hesitate to ask as everyone is very friendly, and we even have a spot for stupid questions too:

Enjoy :D

as Chris said above search button works well :) but since ur a new member ill answer ur question straight up

depends on the log books. what service has it done and how often its been done. I'd just go ahead and change everything just in case being a 200k old car. that's: engine oil and gear box oil, fuel filter, radiator water, power steering fluid. brake fiuld u can do when u change the pads and or rotors. accessory belt might be a good thing to check for cracks too. these usually last around 100k. spark plugs check the gap. should be a 1.1mm gap for the 2zzge. ocv filters and strainers may need servicing too.

sounds like alot but most of this are in form of DIY (look at my sig B)) should help u somewhat. good luck and welcome to the forums. hope u enjoy ur stay and congratulations on ur new purchase ;)

now go exercise those high cams :P

oils are a personal preference. for me I started with penrite HPR5 then moved to penrite sin5 cuz I can get it cheap :) I've tracked with the HPR5 so no problems there for 45 bucks! I use the Baldwin oil filter (part no. b37) . gear box oil I use castrol syntrax 75w90 as I track my car with the nulon g70 125ml additive. if u aren't tracking then 75w80 should be sufficient as the 90 weight doesn't heat up enough on the street.