Good HID Kit Brand

l32

Hi All,

I'm quite a newbie with car mods and I want to change my headlight into xenon lightbulbs, just for the low beam. My car model is corolla 2011 ascent.

What HID conversion kit brand do you guys recommend and where to get them?

I've already search for some in ebay, etc but would appreciate any brand / price recommendations. Thanks in advance!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150685226733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Toyota Owners Club Australia Aus seem to have only positive things about them from the research i've done today :P i'm looking at getting mine sometime soon as well :D

Yeah I'm looking for a good combination between price and quality, I don't want my headlights failing me in the middle of night driving :)

So I suppose most would go for ebay and try them on?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150685226733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Toyota Owners Club Australia Aus seem to have only positive things about them from the research i've done today :P i'm looking at getting mine sometime soon as well :D

i can support that.

Alright, that settles it then, I'll look around on ebay for parts :D since it seems not many people mind about the brands, etc.

+1 for cheap ***** ebay kits.

+ 1 again for that.

Anyone with a bit of knowledge on how HID's work will understand that a cheap HID kit does not translate to a dodgy kit. HID's require a certain level of design to be able to work in the first place, and it is because of this that the cheap kits are able to function with reliable results.

Some particular higher priced kits are capable of lasting longer than other cheaper kits, but you have to remember that that statement can also apply the other way around. I have seen cheap kits outlive more expensive kits and this all comes down to what they sell you. Remember, a more expensive kit can simply be a cheap kit with a large markup. The reason why you have HID ballasts that are better than other mainly comes down to the digital control circuitry built in that monitors the output to the lamp and adjusts it accordingly. Most, if not all of the slimline ballasts contain this control circuitry, so considering you can get these for under AUD$40-$50 delivered, then this is what you should decide to set your price range around.

Don't try to buy into the whole DC vs AC ballast design (referring to the output to the lamp... not the input). If someone tries to convince you that their kit is better because it is AC and the competitors are DC, then all they are doing is trying to make a sale. For the sake of simplicity, I will not go into the specifics, but rest assured that an automotive HID ballast is AC.

Has anyone tried xentec hid ?

It seems there are a lot of them on ebay.

NOTE the $49 postage to Aus :huh:

I bought http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130530893193?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 (same as DJKOR but 6000k)

$36.99 inc postage to my door yay

Ah yeah... my bad good thing we saw that! I guess I'll poke around ebay some more and probably go with the one that you guys get :D

Has anyone tried xentec hid ?

It seems there are a lot of them on ebay.

NOTE the $49 postage to Aus :huh:

I bought http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130530893193?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 (same as DJKOR but 6000k)

$36.99 inc postage to my door yay

• 5 months later...

i found ****** through google and now have saved in my favorites. The site is so easy to find HID Ballast, which was better quality than OEM!! Easy checkout, timely shipping and the best part, $100 less than the local dealer wanted for the part!! I am in the car business and have found a sweet spot for parts!! Thanks ******

i found ****** through google and now have saved in my favorites. The site is so easy to find HID Ballast, which was better quality than OEM!! Easy checkout, timely shipping and the best part, $100 less than the local dealer wanted for the part!! I am in the car business and have found a sweet spot for parts!! Thanks ******

How about NO.

di-12133429112616.png

• 2 months later...

Thread revival!!!.

Are all slimeline ballast digital or are there some that are analogue?

I emailed a seller asking if his ballast were digital and he said they weren't so i'm lost atm.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/H11-4300K-Slim-Hid-Xenon-Conversion-Kits-lights-12V-35W-/170646578333?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bb54249d