Aw11 Questions

Kline

Hey Everyone

Im new around here but you shall see me more often as I am purchasing a Aw11( CAR ) this weekend , pending a check over at automasters on Saturday morning..

The car has original 90000k's on the clock and the car was made in 1984...Thats the first thing I got stumped by, I thought Aw11's were only made in 1985??

Is there any major fault I should look for ? I can already see the door rubbers are long gone.

Anyways I've just finished building my Ke70 corolla( Build Thread ) and thought I would move onto a new project being this Aw11...

The first thing I noticed when I started to research the car is that they cant hold Offset to well with out showing it ....

I'm putting R15 x 8 +0 Rota Classics(V) with some 195/50 on. so its going to stick out pretty fare, with some flares they should be covered...

Does anyone have pics of a aw11 holding some decent offset?

Done a google image search without much success...

Here's a pic of my ke70

post-20019-0-39489800-1320944461_thumb.j

Cheers guys

Cheers

Hey Everyone

Im new around here but you shall see me more often as I am purchasing a Aw11( CAR ) this weekend , pending a check over at automasters on Saturday morning..

The car has original 90000k's on the clock and the car was made in 1984...Thats the first thing I got stumped by, I thought Aw11's were only made in 1985??

Is there any major fault I should look for ? I can already see the door rubbers are long gone.

Anyways I've just finished building my Ke70 corolla( Build Thread ) and thought I would move onto a new project being this Aw11...

The first thing I noticed when I started to research the car is that they cant hold Offset to well with out showing it ....

I'm putting R15 x 8 +0 Rota Classics(V) with some 195/50 on. so its going to stick out pretty fare, with some flares they should be covered...

Does anyone have pics of a aw11 holding some decent offset?

Done a google image search without much success...

Here's a pic of my ke70

post-20019-0-39489800-1320944461_thumb.j

Cheers guys

Cheers

The MR2 was first produced in Japan in 1984. This is sometimes referred to as the AW10. It should have black side mouldings and bumpers instead of body-coloured ones. Check that it is an Aus delivered car vs Jap import, as the early model Jap import ran a 1.5 litre engine instead of the usual 1.6L

Door rubbers, and the rubber gaskets around the fornt spoiler, side skirts, c-pillar tail lights are probably gone, along with suspension bushes. Check for body rust in wheel arches too.

As for offset, this is probably as wild as it gets and still looks damn good that i know of. The guys in the sates run much more extreme set ups but imo does not look good. Flares on these cares ruin the image imo

F: 15x7.5 +29, A-disk, 195/50 R15

R: 15x8.5 +29, A-disk, 205/50 R15

http://www.mr2australia.com/MR2play/tm.aspx?&m=1132&mpage=17