Should i sell or should i keep?

SingleT_Supra

Worst Decision i have EVER had to make.either to sell my Toyota Supra or to keep it...

Now Story is i got done, i got done by cops and got a EPA infringment put on my car... its not about the noise, even though thats something that has to be fixed.. i got the big one. Systems & Emissions test. This F***** my whole life up, car was a beautiful mechine. Punch's out 310kw @the wheels and was sooo smooth. Now, i need some advice, because i know that you all on this forum have large knowledge about these types of situations.. Should i sell it or not? Fix up everything? or just sell it with the EPA notice on it? Or Should i get a engineer's certificate? i heard you can get one but its costly and i also heard that cops dont care whether you have one or not... Fact or Myth?

What does my Supra have?

*1993 Toyota Supra

*Orginally it was a Twin but i converted it to a single Garret GT 35/40 roller barring Turbo

*TRD 2way LSD

*610cc injectors

*Blitz Turbo Controller

*Custom Intercooler

*Bosch Fuel pump

Hey, engineering certi would be helpful in regards to the EPA well it depends on how loud you car is I believe there is different db for each car as long as ur under that u should be fine, the certi would cost id think around 700 roughly depending on were u go I was quoted that for a 13bt in a holden gemini conversion and 300 per each re test as long as its satisfactory safe, as in rested for torque of the car and power has and xxx amount of body movement n so forth, I believe it would be maybe worth it if its ur pride n joy but it depends on if its going to fail tests n so forth considered putting some of the stock parts back into it getting test n re putting em back in? much cheaper way if u have the stock parts still. around 8yrs ago awhile ago my mate had cops go over hes car and had alot of dodge **** to hes car n should of been off the rd but still let him off after he produced a engineering certi whoobley seat blown turbo bald tyres maybe just lucky but as soon as the certi was produced it changed them from being harassing asses to not so.

Hey, engineering certi would be helpful in regards to the EPA well it depends on how loud you car is I believe there is different db for each car as long as ur under that u should be fine, the certi would cost id think around 700 roughly depending on were u go I was quoted that for a 13bt in a holden gemini conversion and 300 per each re test as long as its satisfactory safe, as in rested for torque of the car and power has and xxx amount of body movement n so forth, I believe it would be maybe worth it if its ur pride n joy but it depends on if its going to fail tests n so forth considered putting some of the stock parts back into it getting test n re putting em back in? much cheaper way if u have the stock parts still. around 8yrs ago awhile ago my mate had cops go over hes car and had alot of dodge **** to hes car n should of been off the rd but still let him off after he produced a engineering certi whoobley seat blown turbo bald tyres maybe just lucky but as soon as the certi was produced it changed them from being harassing asses to not so.

Thanks for you reply... hrmmm i was considering it because it is my pride and joy, i do love it to bits... would you know the first place to go and get certificate from? ive browsed for awhile now and i couldn't find someone to do it for me... and if its 700 bucks, i could do that!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to keep it, get the engineers cirt and make the car less defectable if possible by hiding stuff.

For the EPA test try a standrad air box and exhaust if possible, I think you will need to remove boost controler if you have one, cat converter in the exhaust as its a 10k fine if there is not one Catco on ebay make a cheap one that is stamped for australia market i think.

Depending on the cop they can pretty much defect you for anything like uncovered tow ball or the stupidist one i heard was not enough clicks in the handbrake when pulling it up.

Hope it all goes well though sound like you put a lot of effort into it, and still have love for it to just sell it.