2010 AURION OBD2 SCANNER

doseri

Hi Guys

i have 2010 Aurion I would like to buy OBD2 diagnostic scanner for it ,Can any one Recommendations good specifications of diagnostic Scanner for Toyota, and Where can i buy it from online !!!!!!!

waiting for you Suggestions

regards

sam

I got an ELM unit from ebay for $30 (bluetooth version). It didn't come with any software but you can find that online eg. Torque for my Android phone works great with it :)

I got an ELM unit from ebay for $30 (bluetooth version). It didn't come with any software but you can find that online eg. Torque for my Android phone works great with it :)

Hey juice

I had a look at the elm Bluetooth units on eBay and non of them say aurion or camry 06. Which one did you get?

Cheers

Hey juice

I had a look at the elm Bluetooth units on eBay and non of them say aurion or camry 06. Which one did you get?

Cheers

OBDII is OBDII (for the most part). Any non-manufacturer-specific ELM unit (and I'd hazard a guess that any ELM unit at all) should be able to pull the universal codes and data from your Aurion,.

• Like 1

Hey fellas.

I'm new to the forum, but have read a couple of threads

I'm actually thinking about purchasing one of these hand held scan tools. If the engine or ABS light ever came on, at least I could use this to find out why.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-new-VS600-OBD2-auto-scanner-scan-diagnostic-Code-Reader-tool-eobd2-obdii-/330620155588?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item4cfa7f36c4#ht_2611wt_3112

Edited by Muzza P

Hey fellas.

I'm new to the forum, but have read a couple of threads

I'm actually thinking about purchasing one of these hand held scan tools. If the engine or ABS light ever came on, at least I could use this to find out why.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-new-VS600-OBD2-auto-scanner-scan-diagnostic-Code-Reader-tool-eobd2-obdii-/330620155588?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item4cfa7f36c4#ht_2611wt_3112

If you do get a check engine light, they pay for themselves in a short time, even at $50 a code read from my local guy. If you dont fix the problem straight up you may be back several times.

Yeah in theory all OBDII readers are compatible with any car manufactured after 1996.

FWIW, the unit I bought is identical to this one:

http://www.ebay.com....c-/110722115862

Ah. Not quite. Only in the USA. I believe its in their design rules that every vehicle manufactured after 1996 must be OBDII compliant. In Australia, though, there's no requirement for that (unless its been added in the past year or 2).

Yeah in theory all OBDII readers are compatible with any car manufactured after 1996.

FWIW, the unit I bought is identical to this one:

http://www.ebay.com....c-/110722115862

Ah. Not quite. Only in the USA. I believe its in their design rules that every vehicle manufactured after 1996 must be OBDII compliant. In Australia, though, there's no requirement for that (unless its been added in the past year or 2).

Exactly - hence the "in theory" wording ;) Luckily for us the Toyota Aurion does seem to have full OBDII support!