Need more leg room

Leonhard Euler

Hey all,

I am quite tall and my 2005 corolla ascent hatch back is a bit small for me. I had a thought that other day that this could be remedied by moving the seat mounting points back somehow or by getting a different seat rack. Are these ideas feasible and if not is there something else that I could try?

Thanks for any help.

I doubt there would be, generally the seats and belts are designed to start and stop in specific positions for the seatbelt and other safety reasons.I'm fairly tall as well, so I know how you feel, I just deal with it I guess.

I know how you feel... I drive an AE82 Corolla and with the stock seat my knees were hitting the steering wheel and my head was touching the roof. im 6'5' lol

My solution was to get aftermarket seats and get rails that sit as low as possible. I havent had a problem with the police and ive been through a number of booze buses, neither have i had problems through scrutineering at the race track.

AFAIK, modifying the standard rails and mounting points requires an engineers cert

Surely you can buy some low rails and get a decent and comfy aftermarket ADR approved seat which should be legal. Ask your RTA/Vicroads for the laws if you are unsure.

Edited by Toyota_kid