GEARS CRUNCHING ONLY WHEN LEAVING LIFT :@ :@ :@ :@

Lift18

Lately i have been noticing my stivo crunches 9/10 times when i go to change it into 2nd - 3rd but thats only when im driving it hard (leaving 8k rpm)

i have cleared all the carpet mats and crap out of the way so its something internally i have to get looked at, could it be the clutch or gearbox?

and also where is a good place i can get my car serviced? is it worth going to the toyota dealers or just your old regular mechanic?

EDIT: I am from around the penrith area - western sydney

ps before everyone says use the search button i cant find any threads about my problem, and i want opinions about the servicing

:D

Edited by Lift18

I live in penrith, I have a garage full or 2zz parts to make another motor, cause it was my old one lol. I've done many gearboxes and clutches on em, u can adjust ur clutch master cyl,

Or/& get a longer slave cyl push rod.

Best bet, new clutch. Ur stock is crap , doesn't disengage prop and it's why it's crunching in lift.

Nothing wrong with the stock clutch mines still going beautifully

+1 to this.

i had my stock clutch in up until 75000kms with no crunching at all. either your clutch pedal pushrod is out of adjustment, your clutch system needs bleeding or you're not shifting properly.

alternatively, the cars previous owner (if applicable) abused the gear box and your synchros are gone.

So what if ur clutch is stock and is ok for u

Their crap full stop

Oh ok so just because you say so i should automatically follow you and your word that it's no good... A car is only as good as the way it's treated and after watching the videos you have posted on here coupled with the ammount of things you've broken it might be time to learn how to treat a car properly.. Any dramas PM me if not realise this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i was expressing my own personal experience to help the thread creator shed some light on his/her issue... the last time i checked this was one of the soul reasons forums like this exisited.

• 7 months later...

Monkey Wrench Racing but like Prozak said are you sure it's your syncros??? Both myself and my mechanic were sure that my syncros were on the way out but when I had my LSD installed I had the gearbox hot pressure washed and inspected and apparently everything was perfect. If it's the crunch in lift that's your issue I can say that the longer pushrod didn't solve my issue but an aftermarket clutch and better gearbox oil did.

going to be getting a new clutch soon,so ill get everything done all at once,push rod,good oil,etc etc.hopefully it will solve the problem,but by reading a few past post/ new post,it looks like it will.