Goodbye Aurion

Hi all,

The time has come for me to move on from my Aurion. I've sold my car and have made the change to something a little sportier. I loved my Aurion for the nearly two years I owned her and modified her and will have very fond memories of the car for a long time. It was an absolute joy every time I drove it. My new car is a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR. I picked it up from a guy in Adelaide and have been driving her for a week now. The car has quite a bit of work done to it including intake, exhaust, cams, ECU and EBC. It is currently putting out 235kw at the wheels. It does 0-100 in about 3.5 seconds and probably faster with a launch. This car is incredible. It accelerates, brakes and handles like nothing I would have ever thought possible. I'm pretty excited about my new car and I hope it gives me the same amount of enjoyment my Aurion has for the last couple of years.

Here's a few photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Hey Mate,

Sad to see you losing the Aurion but you have definetly moved on to bigger and better things..

Evo's have the potential to scare the living sh**t out of STI's etc.. They are absolute weapons !

Congratulations on the new purchase and I KNOW you are going to have lots of fun :P:P

Nice! I haven't seen DRL's on a Evo, can you take pic with them on?

The DRLs aren't too bad in person. I'm not the biggest fan but they're a Ralliart option so I may keep them. They don't look too bad turned on but they're pretty ricey. I'll probably get rid of them eventually.

i'm surprised that its only making 235kw with those mods...

i thought that they're quite responsive to mods.

The car is very conservatively tuned. It runs quite low boost compared to some. It's only running around 20 psi. Some people are running 26 and more but with over 260 with similar mods but I'd rather sacrifice a little power for reliability, especially considering the heat in Townsville. I don't see the point in extra power for a street car when the risk of detonation increases. I don't want to have to rebuild the engine. It's scarily fast really. 235 awkw doesn't sound huge but the torque curve past 3500 rpm is incredible. Some friends have Skylines with around the 300 awkw mark and this car is about the same in terms of acceleration. People have screamed when I've accelerated in first and second. There's really nothing out there that'll match it so I'm not too fussed about upping the power any time soon. It runs in the high 11s on the quarter if that's any indication.

Nice ride there. Had an evo 9 about 2.5 years back.

Looks like we are taking a totally different route in our lives. I came from an r33 gtr to an evo 9 to a vw r36 and now i'm looking at purchasing an Aurion and banking the leftover money. Evos are great cars, very responsive to mild mods. I know a few evooz members from QLD area (i assume you are from QLD?). There are a couple of nice tracks up there. This baby can definitely rip it up. Only bad thing about the evo is it's turning circle. Good luck making a U-turn on a narrow road :)

I must say the 0-100 timings with 235 awkw probably won't be anywhere near 3.5secs though, definitely not with a stock turbo :). My evo 9 had 245 awkw (i had a FP Green turbo, full exhaust, 1.5 bar boost, cams, gruppe m intake, bigger injectors and Motec) and the best it did was 4.4secs. You must know that from 8 secs down to 6 secs is easy, from 5 secs to 4.9secs requires heaps of power.

Couple of pictures of my evo :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/frontegx.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/frontdriver.jpg/

Now, back to my search for an Aurion :)

Edited by sloutch