ZRE Turbo gets a 2.2ltr engine upgrade

Hey all,

Just an update on the turbo ZRE, i have opted to gain more power, am a bit gready!

I am now fitting a 2.2ltr engine to the ZRE sedan. I have found a block that mates to the 6 speed box with minor mods.

Engine is currently stripped for some works, hopfully in about a week or 2 ill be finished with dyno results.

As such i need a new turbo exhaust manifold will be selling my turbo manifold that i had made up to suit the 1.8 2zr block. I will post details over the next week in the for sales and may be listing it on ebay.

I have not yet deceided if im selling the worked 2zr head etc as of yet. PM if your interested before i get to post on official areas.

Which 2.2lt engine may I ask?

im guessing the 5S-FE ? the only 2.2l toyota engine i know of, unless there's others :g: ?

IMO it would be a bit silly (and would never pass emissions) to put a 5s in a ZRE...

Could be worse....could be a 4Y :P

My guess is actually a bored/stroked 2.0L, but still struggling to think of what it could be and still remain viable/legal.

Could be worse....could be a 4Y :P

My guess is actually a bored/stroked 2.0L, but still struggling to think of what it could be and still remain viable/legal.

Well the only 2.2 lt engines are;

4Y

5S

20R

2.0lt ones;

5R, 18R, 19R, 21R - none of these are viable

2S, 3S - not viable

3Y - not viable

1RZ - Not viable

1AZ - possible

3ZR - more possible

unless its not a toyota engine...

Or are we looking at this the wrong way and it's a de-stroked 2.4/2.5?

that seems like a silly idea... unless you wanted it to rev to infinity

Would still make more sense than a 5S...

Or are we looking at this the wrong way and it's a de-stroked 2.4/2.5?

that seems like a silly idea... unless you wanted it to rev to infinity

Would still make more sense than a 5S...

Only fools modify 5S's...wait :unsure:

interesting .... well do let us know how u go ..... as jason mentioned i would have thought going the new camry engine path would have been a more viable option but until you have it all apart you cant see if it will in fact work ...... anyway ur on the wonderful journey of modding ur car so do enjoy it .... and enjoy the noodle diet as the car sucks the bank account dry ;) ;) ;)

Guys, please take a step back and look at this thread from the beginning.

The OP already has another build thread in which it is more wise for him to post all the updates he wants about his car. Instead, he has come and made a new thread which states only some basic details and nothing specific. If the OP isn't going to bother providing specific details, everyone has the right to post back with speculation, suggestions, and anything else they damn well feel. Once he has all the progress details etc, he can post them where required and change his thread title and description to match:

Turbo ZRE Dyno Results on stock internals

At the end of the day, this is not clogging his build thread. This is the OP's thread, not yours. Who are we to judge what should and should not go in the thread because for all we know, the OP probably doesn't mind all this discussion. He might enjoy the speculation coming from everyone. Moderators have the ability to remove posts at the OP's request, so if he really didn't want it here, he can simply request it.

Hi guys,

I deliberately didn’t state what engine type it was for a few reasons,

1. I am keeping an element of surprise and was opening the gates for discussions & speculations

2. This is the internet and I’d hate for someone else to jump in and do the same conversion before I have completed my works

3. I was hoping someone that had done a similar conversion out on the WWW and would come out of the wood works and share there build with all of us

Lastly as DJKOR stated, I am enjoying the speculation. I find it’s a great way to get unbiased comments on a build and a great way to get others thoughts on what engine would be a good fit for the ZRE.

There are so many discussion points that I come across on this forum that just repeats the same information. I understand everyone’s knowledge/skill levels of car building or modding is different so I saw a great opportunity for a discussion to be had that was out side of what size rims can you fit on a ZRE or how do you install HID’s etc. No offence intended to anyone.

Keep the discussions coming and the personal insults on PM’s :-)

...you need to get the sand out of your vagina.

Mick (Eviltwin) gave the guy props for having a go, implied that others should too by getting on the tools, gets called a moron, then a twit and a tool...

Awesome forum. Maybe people should stick to doing rims and HID's :P

ps, I know plenty of mechanics that would have no hope in hell of completing a successful engine conversion by themselves.

Edited by CHA54

Enough spam.. let this bloke tell us before you assume! So much hate but i don;t see you boys out on the tools!

Mick (Eviltwin) gave the guy props for having a go, implied that others should too by getting on the tools, gets called a moron, then a twit and a tool...

ps, I know plenty of mechanics that would have no hope in hell of completing a successful engine conversion by themselves.

They way I read it, he called the people who had commented so far (yourself included jason) haters and said he didn't see any of us on the tools...

Perhaps mick (eviltwin's) comment did not come across they way he intended it...

As far I am concerned, we were adding to the thread by discussing what would be possible/viable/would make sense... none of us were hating on OP in any way.

Threads like this are good (when they stay on track) as this forum does need more guys like OP (and a few others) who actually do more mods than a CAI and HID's...

I have cleaned this up, can we please stay on topic now?

LOL @ the, YOU NEED TO GET THE SAND OUT OF YOUR VAGINA. :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok speculating that its either a stroked or bored 2.0L or a standard 2.2L doesnt leave many options

this leaves the following toyota engine ..... assuming its staying a toyota engine ;)

19R, 20R, 21R, 2S, 3S, 5S, 3Y, 4Y, 1RZ, 1AZ, 1TR, 3ZR, M, 3M, 1G or 1VZ if sticking with petrol & if there is creativity to go diesel then we have L, 2C, 3C, 1CD-FTV, 1AD-FTV,2AD-FHV or 2AD-FTV.

There we have it fella's .... speculate all u want ..... now if its no longer staying a toyota then there are way too many options to detail