AK00FJ's Toyota MCV20 Camry

FRM05A

Hi all,

Recently I have become a bit more active on the forum, thought I introduce my trusty Camry.

It is stock with no major modifications.

20111130_172208.jpg

20111130_172630.jpg

20111130_172808.jpg

20111130_171851.jpg

20111130_172425.jpg

20111130_225041.jpg

INTERIOR MODS:
• Interior LED lightings (Instrument cluster, dome lamps, foot wells, A/C control panels, gear selector and boot area)
• Audio system (Sony headunit, JL Audio front component speakers, Fusion zrear speakers, Soundstream 4CH amplifier, Kenwood 2CH amplifier, Kenwood subwoofer, AudioControl equalizer, Monster cables) Yes, they are all over the place. Truly regret not planning the system properly. Had to buy different items at different times due to different issues and tight budget.
• GPS HUD

EXTERIOR MODS:
• Reverse Camera
• Headlamp Projectors
• HID headlamp kit
• 15% window tinting
• Weather shields
• Reverse HID
• 17" Aurion Sportivo Rims w/KU39

ENGINE MODS:
• 220 amp high output alternator
• Big three wiring
• Optima Yellow Top

• All alloy radiator

• NST Pulley

SUSPENSION & HANDLING RELATED MODS:
• Whiteline front sway bar
• Whiteline rear sway bar
• SuperPro top engine mount steady bushes
• Kluger front caliper & rotors

• King Springs (1 Inch lower)

Any comments are welcome.

Edited by FRM05A

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I purchased the vehicle four years ago, the previous owner had many smash works done on this car. It has been a real eye sore for me, as I can see that the car is multi-coloured.

Tuesday this week, I decided to do a complete exterior whole car respray. Thought I take same photos and share them with the people of this forum.

I will be using will be the PPG paint system :lol: with the ceramic clear. These are used on Mercedes refinishes.

20111214_123240.jpg

DAY 1

Strip and repair all damages.

I received my Mechman 220 amp high output alternator today! Very excited.

Just a recommendation for people who are going to buy a high output alternator, get it custom built by a reputable supplier.

I purchased my first high output alternator from eBay. It was a real big mistake as it was incapable of charging at an average standard of 2 amps. It was only charging the battery at an average of 1 amp – insufficient. When I have my headlamp, ac on high, demister on, blinkers on and music playing loud, it actually drains not charge my battery… almost got stuck in traffic :angry:

20111130_172751.jpg

Cheap HO alternator from eBay, should not buy

20111214_103012.jpg

Mechman HO alternator

20111214_103238.jpg

Mechman Ho alternator next to genuine Toyota alternator

Will post some images once i install this :D

DAY 3

Primed the body of the car

Painted all the small items (grille, outer door handles, front door mirrors and boot lid spoiler)

Painted the front and rear bumper bar

20111215_160029.jpg

20111215_160015.jpg

20111215_140352.jpg

20111215_160140.jpg

yea.. i do, a mechanical and collision repair workshop :clap:

The respray do exceed the value of the car T__T

Hence my question. But if you own one, it costs like half the value? So no Sweat. Can't wait to see after the re-spray.

What's after? Wheels?

VFX, there is something about your avatar, I can't stop starring at it :blink:

Cost is relatively cheaper because I am doing it at cost, but lately all the suppliers have been increasing their prices. Stupid carbon tax :(

I would like to re-trim the interior and sound deadens the whole car. For me comfort is quiet important. Not a real fan of bad noises

New wheels and suspensions will be nice, but do not want police attentions.

Any recommendations?

Cost is relatively cheaper because I am doing it at cost, but lately all the suppliers have been increasing their prices. Stupid carbon tax :(

I would like to re-trim the interior and sound deadens the whole car. For me comfort is quiet important. Not a real fan of bad noises

Any recommendations?

Yeah.. I can't stop starin at it too for the first few looks. Now I'm used to it. ;lol:

I'd second re-trimming the interior.. Your car going to turn out fabulous, no doubt.

Can't suggest any rims until the look of your re-spray is finalized. So one at a time and we'll get back to that. ;)

you can buy my rims :D !

6760am9_20.jpg

I actually got given the same wheels mid this year. Gun metal in colour. Sold it on eBay for $100 each + postage.

yea.. i do, a mechanical and collision repair workshop :clap:

The respray do exceed the value of the car T__T

Nice ride and we got the same engine ~ if you in brisbane i will go to your place to get some paint job done for my ride :P

Hey John, I am actually located in Sydney. Can't help you there.

Will be driving up your way during Christmas.

Any recommendations?

Yeah.. I can't stop starin at it too for the first few looks. Now I'm used to it. ;lol:

I'd second re-trimming the interior.. Your car going to turn out fabulous, no doubt.

Can't suggest any rims until the look of your re-spray is finalized. So one at a time and we'll get back to that. ;)

I figure out why I keep starring :wacko: she leaves a lot of room for imagination... hehehehe....

DAY 5

Didn’t work on my car much today, was too busy trying to get my customers’ cars out prior to the Christmas break -_-

Did manage to mask up my Camry for the paint job tomorrow morning :D

20111219_160704.jpg

20111219_160639.jpg

20111219_160830.jpg

Received my wiring plug for my new HO alternator. Was left out in the delivery. Go express post!!!

Thought I would also share my experience with using the M7 fuel additive. I have always been very skeptical with using this sort of products in any of my cars and I know many people in this forum will agree with me on this.

But, since I was given many free samples... I gave it a go anyways :rolleyes:

The results? I average around 560 km per 60L tank for the last 6 months. Of course this depends on how heavy footed I am. My best mileage was 638km from 60L tank :lol: hehehehe….

Wonder how much mileage per tank I would get from drive next week to Whitsundays. Let you guys know after!

20111219_163228.jpg

Nice I'm not the only person getting a full respray for the car, out of curiousity why not change colour while you are at it?

Thought about it, but the only colour I seem to like is pearl white.

Too much work, engine out for engine bay, all door inners and apertures. Just could not be bothered. lol…

Are you changing colour?

fuuu~! thats some nice and neat masking there !

i know its only masking but dang, it soo clean and neat, my masking is everywhere :P ahahehehahe

Tells about workmanship eh? Hehehehe…. I have a real picky painter.

DAY 6

Car sprayed! Muahahahaha… finally :yahoo:

20111220_154348.jpg

20111220_154335.jpg

This has absolutely nothing to do with my car, but my cichlids just have little ones… most got eaten by the time I got to it. Hope they live on :clap:

20111220_142945-1.jpg

Looks nice! Mine's going the deepest, glossiest black (non metallic). Apparently he has one in mind already and its an off the shelf can of paint so it doesn't correlate to a colour code.

Jet Black? Which paint system? make sure they use ceramic clear otherwise you will have lots of fun with scratches :lol:

He uses 2 brands of paints but for a job where cost isn't a primary concern he would use the Spies Hecker stuff.