ZZE Bars and bracing

LFT-OOF

Hey guys im slowly preping my car for a few track days i was wondering what bars and bracing you guys see as being best value for money so far i have order strut brace, rear lower brace and front lower bar from Ultra racing.. You guys reckon thats good enough to go to the track with is there anything else you guys would recommend..?

Alot of people like r888 and I've also heard that Advan AD08 are good if you're using them daily as they cycle heat better.

Pretty sure you cant go wrong with any semi slick.

Btw come trackday in Feb when i go!

What date is the track days also as it idnt the week of my b day i will come.

Ohh and does anyone run semi slicks..? what do you guys recommend? a friend of mine reckons the toyo R888's..anyone used them?

Thanks in advance =]

Mark2ZZ run these tired you might want to ask him for some feed back..

i just ran street tyres on the track and it was ok ..KU36 Kuhmo

Front and rear sway bar, front and rear strut bar and and full chassis bracing should be good enough for the track but that set u back quite a bit.. look for Cusco, TRD, Ultra racing..

And with tyres try run as wide as u can so gives u better grip around the corner.

KU36 and AD08 are not semi slicks. I use Dunlop 03G because they heat cycle the best, as do Bridgestone RE55S but you need a bit of money to afford the Bridgestones. Yokohama/Advan heat cycle very poorly, but if you wear them out in one or two sessions they are fine. Go for a medium or hard compound, don't go with soft. Go down to a 15" on the semi slicks ;) Hot tip; go with a cheap tyre first, like the Toyo, as you will prematurely wear it out and damage it by over driving it. Plus you need to work out what tyre pressure you need to run to get even tyre wear. 2 PSI out and you can have over or under inflated wear patterns. And you need to learn what pressures you need on the day before going out. Tyre tuning is a whole different ball game in terms of mods.

Front and rear strut bars, as well as a TRD rear anti-roll bar and you're done, don't do the front as it kills mid corner speed a touch. If you don't have coilovers or springs and struts upgraded, then don't waste your money with semi's yet as you won't have the control over the tyre to keep the contact patch at it's greatest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use Federal 595 RSR. Super grippy tyre and feel great on the street. Nice and quiet, plenty of grip when cold and amazing after a bit of harder driving. In saying this, each to their own

• 1 month later...

Thanks Dave. The best I can find is this Beatrush one from the States. Also concerning the Ultra Racing products do all of the Corolla Altis 02+ products fit our Stivo's? I just wanted to double check before I lay down any mula for them...