Annoying Rattle

Matty P

Hi Guys,

I have an annoying rattle in the Kluger that sounds like it is coming from the passenger side second row seat. It is a metallic sounding rattle like metal vibrating against metal.

Toyota have now had 3 attempts at fixing it including allegedly removing the seat, but it only ever stops for a brief period before being back as bad as ever. Service manager said there are cables under the seat and they fixed it by tightening them.

It seems to stop when you hold the metal bar used to slide the seat back and forth but I can't see anything there that looks like it would rattle. Also the cables under the seat don't look like they would make a rattling noise either.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem in KLUGER 1 month old, they guy said problem was from the Child seats fitted in the car, I have to take hem off and go on for drive to test this.

Any resolution on the problem?

No resolution yet. It gets a better for a while each time they "fix" it but soon returns as bad as ever.

I need to have a better look at it when I get some time.

I don't think it could be caused by child seat - it seems to be coming from under the seat somewhere. Let us know if you have any luck when you remove the child seats.

• 1 month later...

my kluger has the same rattle the noise seems to coming from under back seat on the right hand. it seems to me its the seat slide mechanism.

i slided the back seat back and forward a couple of times and found that sometimes the seats somtimes dont lock into position properly.

after i slide the back seats back and forward i heard them locking in position after that the rattle has seemed to stop.

for now anyway. :g:

Yes - definately seems to be coming from the seat mechanism but mine is on the passenger side. Sliding the seat all the way forward seems to stop it as well.

Oh well, trading in the Kluger soon so not too worried about it any more :spiteful: