07 Camry: Driver's side B-pillar rattle

aem

Does anyone have this issue on their car?

It's sounds like 'gup' when you take off, i'm thinking it's coming from the seatbelt adjuster somewhere (or might even be the boot) but definately on the driver side..damn annoying when it's right next to the ear.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have this issue on their car?

It's sounds like 'gup' when you take off, i'm thinking it's coming from the seatbelt adjuster somewhere (or might even be the boot) but definately on the driver side..damn annoying when it's right next to the ear.

We have 2 07 Camrys and both are rattle and odd noise free.

One did have a rolling marble sound when turning... it was a screw rolling loose in the channeling under the front seats. There are access holes in it so it was easy to get out.

Edited by camryv6

Ok now there is a clunk seemingly coming from the right side rear/boot, only happen during initial start-off. I thinkt he b-pillar noise might have gone. Weird.

Ok now there is a clunk seemingly coming from the right side rear/boot, only happen during initial start-off. I thinkt he b-pillar noise might have gone. Weird.

Something loose in the boot or rolling around under your seat?

Something loose in the boot or rolling around under your seat?

B-pillar noise gone, as for the boot, i had them utility plastic container with the hinches that lock the lid, that was making the noise lol. Maybe the B-pillar noise was from that also.

I think i spoke too soon, there is definately something in the boot/rear wheel spring area that ONLY clunks when i start off cold. Starting to get to me :(

Did you read the whole thing or just search for "dash rattles"? Look at: My Aurion makes a clunk / knock sound when driving off for the first time after starting it. Is this a problem?

This is not an issue. Every time you start your engine and then drive off the ABS performs a self-check. The service manual best describes this:

When the vehicle speed first becomes approximately 4 mph (6 km/h) or more after the ignition switch is turned on (IG), each solenoid valve and motor of the brake actuator is sequentially activated to perform an electrical check. During the initial check, the operating sound of solenoid valve and motor can be heard from the engine compartment, but this is not a malfunction

I don't think this is normal, nor does it descrbes my noise.

More investigation on my part is needed i guess...

Ok i have pretty much dug out my boot and still the "gup/clunk" sound still exists. I've read the Aurion FAQs info on this noise and it is NOT coming from the engine compartment as stated. It sounds like it's from the springs/shocks.