Calling 6th Gen-ers

aem

2xs you wouldn't happen to be the owner of the turbo gen 6 Camry in aus? Trying to track him down haha

NO! I believe he is/was from Newcastle area.

I'll turbo mine when/if I find more info regarding the ECU side of things.

Not either gonna confirm or deny. But it's an idea I have been toying with for awhile. But only thing holdin me back is I might be upgrading in a year or so.

dontt sell ittt !!!! lmaaooooo actually sell me your wheels eheheh

I see he doesn't have indash oem fit dvd unit. :P

Tash's one.

I see my reputation preceeds me!! Nice pics jeffy :D Sorry for being thick but I'm not getting the oem dash unit reference?? Only things changed in the interior is the speakers and amp. And I am most definitely a she :) Mine is also pre stability control :D

Good list of Gen 6 owners so far too, getting a pretty good spread of models and colours! Am I the only manual owner of this group??

lol i meant to say there are aftermarket oem-like indash touchscreen DVD/GPS that you may want to have a look at (to replace the stock radio/CD/DVD unit). I didn't realise you can get it for $350-600 off ebay. I got it and just want to recommend it.

Better late to party than not they say. Welcome to the list :P

Not either gonna confirm or deny. But it's an idea I have been toying with for awhile. But only thing holdin me back is I might be upgrading in a year or so.

dontt sell ittt !!!! lmaaooooo actually sell me your wheels eheheh

Make me an offer. It's time I step up my Fitment game anyway. Getting bored haha

Edited by private number

lol i meant to say there are aftermarket oem-like indash touchscreen DVD/GPS that you may want to have a look at (to replace the stock radio/CD/DVD unit). I didn't realise you can get it for $350-600 off ebay. I got it and just want to recommend it.

Better late to party than not they say. Welcome to the list :P

Ah, well thanks but no thanks. The OEM one actually has pretty decent sound quality when teamed up with an amp and better speakers, certainly suits my needs for the moment. And my budget :lol:

ok no worries. When are you getting the HIDs done? I have a set ready to bolt in, might do it this Sat. things is with the HIDs, need to hide the Ballasts as to keep it away from cops and insurance.

Not sure, I might end up just putting better globes in to save the hassle. The car is on a bit of a backburner mod-wise at the moment, living at a house with a non-lowered friendly driveway and trying to save up some money to hopefully travel. If anything the next thing might be exhaust, would probably derive more enjoyment out of that :) I'd like to do a few things before the annual this year but it all depends on cash flow!

BTW - 2XS, that is a great teaser shot :D Hurry up and take some day time ones please!

BTW - 2XS, that is a great teaser shot :D Hurry up and take some day time ones please!

Yes, you seem to have the only manual one.

I've considered the conversion, but, I enjoy auto after a long day at work.

Here are a few more night time pics, these are the best of a bunch of pics (not best car, just not crap pics)

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0983.jpg

IMAG0994.jpg

IMAG0999.jpg

I'm considering going another 15mm lower still.

Very nice! Loving the LED tails too - I was going to get smoked but then the set I've got were already here, so buying them secondhand proved much cheaper than importing a new set. I love lighting everything up at night heheheh

I can get away with a manual as my daily as I live in a regional area, not so much stop/start around here. I must admit when I have to drive in Melbourne sometimes it absolutely kills my legs lol But I will keep buying a manual for as long as I can - they seem to be few and far between now with all the newer model cars unfortunately. I get pretty excited when I find other manual Camry's :lol:

Guess it depends on how you find the height now as to whether you go lower, it already looks pretty nice :D I am working towards coilovers but with my current driveway situation I just can't do it. Well, I could, but I'd have to leave the car reasonably high which is a bit pointless. I don't want to go very low because of the country driving I do anyway but yeah.

2XS, I recognise the carpark in your photos as Sunnybank Plaza (rooftop, McCullough St side). I am a Sunnybanker too - southside yo! You may have seen my car at times...ultra shiny, glow in the dark Sakana Silver '10 Ateva. FULL 2 hour detail every week, y'all! No personalised plates, no mods, dark tint...keep the cops off my scent, know what I mean.

Saw a blacked out Aurion today at Market Square (Sunnybank) with a Toyota bonnet badge. These are commonly available in south-east Asia, but on a trip to Saigon last year I declined on the basis they might stuff up airbag sensor (or somesuch) in a crash. Bought heaps of custom Toyota branded head-rest pillows, etc instead.

Anyone know if you can buy silver aluminimum door handle covers (for the groove in the door where the handle is) in Australia?

Anyone know if you can buy silver aluminimum door handle covers (for the groove in the door where the handle is) in Australia?

ebay would be your best bet if you want em cheap,

1. Aem - 07 Silver Sportivo - Sydney

2. 2XS - 07 Black Sportivo - Brisbane

3. Private número - 07 Altise - Melbourne

4. Martinj - 09 Sakana Silver Ateva - Brisbane

5. Tash - 06 Gold Sportivo - Vic

6. simplyvandinh - 07 Silver Ateva - NSW

7. Martinj's wife - 09 Silver Ash Ateva - Brisbane

ultra shiny, glow in the dark Sakana Silver '10 Ateva. FULL 2 hour detail every week, y'all!

Wish i live ner you, will pay you to do my car once a month. :clap:

I actually do the clean routine partly as a way of relaxing. I have always enjoyed cleaning cars - if I win the lottery I may buy a car detailing business.

Edited by Martinj

I actually do the clean routine partly as a way of relaxing. I have always enjoyed cleaning cars - if I win the lottery I may buy a car detailing business.

I'm with you on that one, it has a rather strange therapeutic charm to it :) Even though sometimes it can be real but gusting, elbow grease work it is always rewarding. There's just something about a pristine, glowing car afterwards and knowing that it was your effort :D

Yes, you seem to have the only manual one.

I've considered the conversion, but, I enjoy auto after a long day at work.

Here are a few more night time pics, these are the best of a bunch of pics (not best car, just not crap pics)

IMAG0983.jpg

thinking of gettin that LED smoked tail light & LED badge light too . is it easy to install the badge light ?! ?!

Edited by simplyvandinh

2XS, I recognise the carpark in your photos as Sunnybank Plaza (rooftop, McCullough St side). I am a Sunnybanker too

I'm in Drewvale, not Sunnybank, I just use the car park for the evening shots, because the carpark is always empty.

thinking of gettin that LED smoked tail light & LED badge light too . is it easy to install the badge light ?! ?!

I bought red and blue for the badge, just in case the Po-Po don''t like the blue one:(

It's easy to fit, pry out the chrome one, feed the wires into a freshly drilled hole, stick the LED badge one then the chrome one back on top.

The LED badge comes with double-sided tape on both sides.

I've got LED strips in the footwells too.

DSC01011.jpg

Edited by 2XS

2XS, I recognise the carpark in your photos as Sunnybank Plaza (rooftop, McCullough St side). I am a Sunnybanker too

I'm in Drewvale, not Sunnybank, I just use the car park for the evening shots, because the carpark is always empty.

I bought red and blue for the badge, just in case the Po-Po don''t like the blue one:(

It's easy to fit, pry out the chrome one, feed the wires into a freshly drilled hole, stick the LED badge one then the chrome one back on top.

The LED badge comes with double-sided tape on both sides.

I've got LED strips in the footwells too.

DSC01011.jpg

Yeah i know that part of the installation , but the wiring . did you wire it to the footwell light switch !?

Yeah i know that part of the installation , but the wiring . did you wire it to the footwell light switch !?

I wired mine into the interior light trigger (down the passenger side A pillar)

It comes on when any door is opened, but, not when I turn the interior light on.

Lol sorry but if the cops don't like the blue one, what makes you think they will like the red? Baha both are still cop colors. Same reason why they don't like blue or red led Parker lights. Partially the reason why I switched them out and got white.

I'm running out of mods to do now for the Camry. Gonna do a leather conversion, but that's already laid out. Don't know what to do next :S need to prowl VIP websites for inspiration me thinks

Lol sorry but if the cops don't like the blue one, what makes you think they will like the red? Baha both are still cop colors. Same reason why they don't like blue or red led Parker lights. Partially the reason why I switched them out and got white.

I'm running out of mods to do now for the Camry. Gonna do a leather conversion, but that's already laid out. Don't know what to do next :S need to prowl VIP websites for inspiration me thinks

well VIP states that you need an emblem .

took me ages but i found something !!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120819533615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

inb4 haters gonna hate