Kluger "Ticking Noise"

Jting

Hi All,

I had just picked my brand new Kluger 2011 model on last wednesday. After drove around for less than 100km, I have noticed the car is making "tick-tick-tick" noise at idle after it traveled for about 30minutes in a hot day (30 deg C). The noise is especially obverse when car stops in a confined garrage (with sound refletion), it comes from the engine drive side. This is really announying me as I woulkd expect reliability under australia terrain. Does anyone come across a similar issue with Kluger? What should be fixed? (cramshaft, VVTI unit)?

I read some forum from US kluger owner (they call it "highlander"), it appears that this problem is quite common for the latest model. The fix can be expensive and some dealer may refuse to carry out repair.

I am really to take it back to dealer tomorrow and findout their explanation. Just before I walk in, there are few questions that I would like to hear from any awesome car owner.

1/ should I acquire a claim number from Toyota before I walk in? Just to help with negotiation as claim has already been lodged. (I tried the phone number but today is on public hiloday).

2/ it appears that this problem only occurs under hot condition, and i will need to leave my car with them, what should I watch out for if I leave my new car with them?

Thanks for your opinion?

Just take it back to them and say fix it...

If it is new, you should expect to get it back in new condition, take photos of everything before you drop it to them in case they damage/scratch anything, including under the bonnet.