First Mods to Ascent Sport.

Tofuboi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

It seems we've got out of control in the mods department. I'm not made of money! lol :D

But seriously guys, thanks for the replies, I don't know what to get though.

I'm still chopping around between the Ascent Sport

or the Levin, i just don't know :P

well the levin is a better packaged and better look due to bodykit and interior upgrades. Other than that, is the same. The only thing I do not like about non levin corolla 1zz, is the steering wheel. However, if you don't care and will modify it anyway, grab the basic model

LOL

It seems we've got out of control in the mods department. I'm not made of money! lol :D

But seriously guys, thanks for the replies, I don't know what to get though.

I'm still chopping around between the Ascent Sport

or the Levin, i just don't know :P

yer mate not made out of money.. u could be ****ting money tho

:P

intake

headers + catback

coilovers

are the major modes i would say for a start

Its cool, if you dont have the cash/dont want to spend that much on a corolla just mod upto the step that you feel suits what level of modification you feel is suitable.

For example you may want to stop at exhaust, or maybe even air intake.

But if anyone ever does complete that list...they will have a very nice car built from a very modest car, that is where the fun lies and that is why you spend 20k on a 20k car and not just go out and buy a 40k car :D

Sure it is not the most intelligent or practical thing to do, but do you think spending more than $1000 on a new set of wheels (pretty much a purely aesthetic mod) is? Like i am sure most people here have...

And also regarding the Levin vs Ascent Sport issue...

From my observations the Levin is quite close to the price of a Sportivo (26-27k) and i may ask...why get a Levin when you can get a Stivo for a similar price?

Either go Stivo or Ascent Sport i say...

the first good mod that i find is youself as the driver! :D

get used to the car first, takes about a month to full change over and really know your car.

Then, if you don't wanna spend money, rip the restrictive pipes that are attached to the air box out, and you'll notice that your car will sound different and be a bit more responsive. (also the 1zz engine air boxes they come with this "flow regulator thing" in the airbox, remove that too)

But of all mod, the car should be fast enough as is, and the main restrictive thing would be the handling. You'll be going around corners like a boat. so upgrade your suspension. WORTH THE EVERY DOLLAR!! :D (put in sway bars, front and rear if you can aford it) about $1700 all up for me at the time.

Then read more and learn more about your car before spending a cent into performance mods... ;)

Yeah I wasnt planning to just buy the car and take it straight to places to get the mods done no way.

Get used to the vehicle first, know the way it reacts to your driving, all that stuff.

Right now its basic mods anyway, like everyones saying, suspension and the like.

And right now, only having an Automatic P's license, I can't drive a manual unless I upgrade the license or wait till I'm on opens. (Reason behind the automatic license is because 1. auto cars all round in the family, 2. i had to get my P's before the oldies went on holiday to NZ and that was the only option at the time.)

So a Stivo is really out of the question, although I'd love one.

So once again, down to the Ascent Sport Hatch or Levin. heh.

some people like the levin because it has auto and sports looking, better equip with safety options, nice interior and all. If I want that kind of car, i would buy the levin instead of sportivo simply becaue i want auto in a nice car.

BUt if u want manual, and willing to pay that much for levin, go buy sportivo.

Auto Levin Tofuboi... Auto Levin :D :D :D

That's what i have... much much better looking interior, safety features (ABS, 4 air bags), side skirts, nice wheels, LEATHER STEERING WHEEL, it's just not the same :P... well except under the hood ;)

Edited by BigBum

Auto Levin Tofuboi... Auto Levin  :D  :D  :D

That's what i have... much much better looking interior, safety features (ABS, 4 air bags), side skirts, nice wheels, LEATHER STEERING WHEEL, it's just not the same  :P... well except under the hood  ;)

You got me thinking, another Melbournian has a Auto Levin... Well when I get funding and such sorted out, I'll let you all know my decision. :) (So far it's probably going to be the Levin)

coilovers

potenza RE55s x 4

TRD red/black brake pads.

that is all to make your car fun. believe me i learned the hard expensive way.

upgrade the license lot cheaper than buying a manual later.

Edited by influx

Personally,

i think if you're going Levin (yes nice interior and all) but seriously, scrape up another $2.5k then you can get yourself a stivo!

well... atleast in brisbane you can! ;)

just some food for thought...

althought gee i must add that i LOVE the levin steering wheel... :D

If you want the nicer standard interior etc go the Levin, otherwise save the $7K and get an Ascent Sport, they're virtually identical externally in post facelift models.

Check Northy's car it's an Ascent Sport.

2zz-ge transplant :P *jokes

um anything you want to do is the BEST first mod

good luk with it all

tints, springs, shocks, rims, exhaust, headers, strut brace, CAI

and in that order

heeh i got a ascent sport too and that is how im gonna work thru my list

Anyone insured with NRMA? know what the max drop they will allow? is it still 1.25inch ??

Yeah NRMA are still allowing 1.25 inch lowering. Thats what i've got on my policy.

2zz-ge transplant :P *jokes

um anything you want to do is the BEST first mod

good luk with it all

tints, springs, shocks, rims, exhaust, headers, strut brace, CAI

and in that order

heeh i got a ascent sport too and that is how im gonna work thru my list

Anyone insured with NRMA? know what the max drop they will allow? is it still 1.25inch ??

Yeah NRMA are still allowing 1.25 inch lowering. Thats what i've got on my policy.

hmmm 1.25inch = 30mm ? there abouts? *ponders how that would look*

How much lower are stivo springs compared to ascent ??

Get the stivo. You must be able to get a manual liscense some how.

Levin and the Ascent are um boring and something my mum would drive.

But the stivo rocks, its like a motorbike on four wheels, thats the reason I bought one:)

People buy what's within their own means and within their own preference.

But the stivo rocks, its like a motorbike on four wheels, thats the reason I bought one:)

Fair enough, if the ascent is all someone can afford so be it. But the levin ffs is near the same price as the stivo and if your an enthusiast and prefer manuals its the way to go. If someone is thinking of doing mods and they can afford 27 on the road get the stivo. If you want an auto levin thats all good too but in that case your buying a shopping cart.

No offense meant but I really dont see any point in buying a levin and spending $5000 on mods and its still not even close to a standard stivo in performance.

Fair enough, if the ascent is all someone can afford so be it. But the levin ffs is near the same price as the stivo and if your an enthusiast and prefer manuals its the way to go. If someone is thinking of doing mods and they can afford 27 on the road get the stivo. If you want an auto levin thats all good too but in that case your buying a shopping cart.

No offense meant but I really dont see any point in buying a levin and spending $5000 on mods and its still not even close to a standard stivo in performance.

$5000, will get you dam close mate is not the same.

How? Cai, exhaust and chip on a 1zz aint going to get close to a standard stivo. Suspension is better on the stivo standard. Interior etc etc. 6 speed...

A turbo levin would be quicker and maybe for 5k it could be done but then the rest of the package would let it down. I for one would not want to drive it. $10k for a complete package. And a turbo stivo would be heaps better and a a great street sleeper.

To be honest I really dont see the ascent and levin as anything but a shopping trolley and its a boring appliance as wheels, motor and all claim. A stivo on the other hand has a incredible motor and can be punted along very quickly with some supsension mods and better tyres.

Sportivo is a performance bargain that many ppl underestimate.

Levin - who cares, good car for my mum and thats as far as it goes IMHO.

PS And when it comes to resale who would want to buy a riced up levin? Modding it would most likely decrease its value!

u want a cheap levin?

camp the auctions in melbourne =D

i got mine for 13k at fowles auction altona theres also another called pickles in moorabin i think.

(imagine a stupid 18 year old going to auctions... then fetching this bargain for his 19th birthday which was 4 days away =P)

as for mods the only mods iv got are "cd holder", a huge nemo fish just to fetch the ladies on bourke st, fully sick lights that came with the care definitely aftermarket roughly 7000-8000k 100w halogens or xenons i wouldnt have a clue wat the brand is =D

but it grabs my attention at night.

engine - stock as a rock from wat i can see (cant afford mods bcoze im a cheapo viet =P)

suspension - stock as a rock from wat i can see (but im looking into getting a front strut)

appearance - stock as a rock (was bidding for a trd grill wen some1 sniped me :ph34r: )

:D

edit *new mods just purchased today, thanks to kcorro =D

c-one cooling panel, i am now one step closer to being offically labeled rice boy.

and also a trd front strut.*

but id have to say i might not have wanted this car at the start but the bargain just got to me, and the cars grown on me, trust me dont opt for the lower models, aim for the levin or above. iv seen my friends ascent -_- not pretty cream boys =P gotta go with the nice sporty black/silver look.

Edited by Mello

it was in private section with some minor damages. (should have been in dmg, so i could save more)

luckily it was raining that day and very few people showed up to the auction, so with all my teen might i made up the courage and snapped it.

i think the reserve was spot on 13k, bcoze they had to verify the details =D

ps: you always feel your faster in a levin :lol: compared to seeing the many ascents in melb

Edited by Mello