TRD Parts list for the '86

dutchie101

Thanks, bit disappointed after looking at this list

I am looking for Subaru STI version of this car, TRD is very conservative and expensive

Edited by ben yip

Bloody oath, how hard would a 1200kg coupe stop with 6 & 4 Piston Brembo Brakes!!

Some of there terms make me laugh a little. Full Length adjustable suspension set - Coilovers must be a voodoo word?

direct brake lines? - soo there braided then lol

Some of there terms make me laugh a little. Full Length adjustable suspension set - Coilovers must be a voodoo word?

The reason why they wouldn't be using the word 'coilovers' is because the terminology comes from a coil spring being over a strut. Comes from the days when leaf springs were being replaced by 'coil springs over dampeners'. Everyone just calls adjustable suspension coilvers for ease though.

Much like sport bucket seats in all cars these days. It stems from the old days when the front seats were a single bench like the backseats are. So a single seat is called a bucket seat, even though they are far from a race seat.

The reason why they wouldn't be using the word 'coilovers' is because the terminology comes from a coil spring being over a strut. Comes from the days when leaf springs were being replaced by 'coil springs over dampeners'. Everyone just calls adjustable suspension coilvers for ease though.

Much like sport bucket seats in all cars these days. It stems from the old days when the front seats were a single bench like the backseats are. So a single seat is called a bucket seat, even though they are far from a race seat.

See look at that you do learn something every day haha. This car is going to be a weapon, might have to buy those plates after all :P

I see somebody already got the QLD FT86 plates. Using that new combo they have at around $800 I'd say they'd be an investment for sure

Yeah the "86" plates have gone in Tassie too, but "GT-86" "86-APEX" and "EIGHT6" are still there for now.

EIGHT6 would look cool IMO.

Yeah the "86" plates have gone in Tassie too,

To a certain dealership in Devonport?

HAHA maybe :P nah we went to buy it but was already taken so were getting the GT-86 for our demo's and Adam's private car when he gets one. if i end up getting one i'll get EIGHT6 or 86-APEX. half tempted to get one and just stick it on the ZR6 for now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one TRD, bit more than just cosmetic mods for a change,well for newer cars anyway..

Door stabilizer? is that because of the length of the doors so they don't drop (sag) like older cars or something else?

Quick question for the in depth peoples here,

Seeming as the Subaru BRZ is the same car, would you suggest that the BRZ aftermarket would be compatible with the 86??

If so, it's going to have an amazing aftermarket :-) not that it already doesn't

Seeming as the Subaru BRZ is the same car, would you suggest that the BRZ aftermarket would be compatible with the 86??

If so, it's going to have an amazing aftermarket :-) not that it already doesn't

That is a good point! I would assume so, if not, it won't be too hard to modify to fit?

http://speedhunters....the-set-up.aspx :whistling:

Wow the old 86 is starting to happen now! & yeah you would think it would be more than possible to bolt certain STI parts onto an 86. looking at the parts they seem to have the stiff chassis and masssive stopping power sorted just need more goooooooooooooooooooooo now haha

i do like the parts list but not so sure about the prices when they release it :(

True TRD parts in the past have come with a quite a price surely Toyota isnt so silly to overprice the parts to the point that nobody bothers to buy genuine and just goes to the aftermarket crowd. or are they???.... lol

Perhaps they won't be as massively overpriced as they are for Aurion/Hilux, because as there's no TRD model (is there?), there's no need to try and keep the parts exclusive to the people who bought that model.

Im guessing the aftermarket engine parts will be compatible between the two cars.

I remember reading somewhere the exterior for the 86 and BRZ are slightly different.

Perhaps they won't be as massively overpriced as they are for Aurion/Hilux, because as there's no TRD model (is there?), there's no need to try and keep the parts exclusive to the people who bought that model.

man i wouldn't be surprised if they do release a TRD version later on but i do hope there will be heaps of aftermarket tuners making parts for it, like keep it competitive and not pay an arm and leg for parts.

also considering the BRZ is pretty much the same mechanically (i hope) that would open up heaps of different modding parts/ways/options for both cars.

Apart from that one with the engine transplant, I think most if not all of the versions from tuning houses at the Tokyo Auto Salon were still NA, even a D1 version was NA still... I expect plenty of goodies to be released for this over the next few years for sure. Its the only true traditional FR sports platform to be released for so long, its well overdue.