Autogrip tyres?

lilbird

Hey, wondering if anyone has heard of Autogrip tyres and if they are value for money are just rubbish, my tyre dealer tells me there are chinese made but are are mid range class tyre..Couldnt really find much in reviews anywhere on the internet.

Let me know if anyone has had any experience or heard anything about these?

Cheers

Hey, wondering if anyone has heard of Autogrip tyres and if they are value for money are just rubbish, my tyre dealer tells me there are chinese made but are are mid range class tyre..Couldnt really find much in reviews anywhere on the internet.

Let me know if anyone has had any experience or heard anything about these?

Cheers

What is your budget?

Im not really set on a budget, just wanting value for money really, i got quoted 185 a corner for auto grip, 245/35R19. I also got a quote for maxxis tyres, can't remember the model, for 245 a corner, not sure if maxxis are worth the extra or not, i obviously don't want something that is going to feel dangerous in the wet being front wheel drive. Obviously i know maxxis should be better being 60 extra per tyre but was wondering if they are really 60 dollars extra in value. Any other suggestions for tyres of 245/35R19?

Im not really set on a budget, just wanting value for money really, i got quoted 185 a corner for auto grip, 245/35R19. I also got a quote for maxxis tyres, can't remember the model, for 245 a corner, not sure if maxxis are worth the extra or not, i obviously don't want something that is going to feel dangerous in the wet being front wheel drive. Obviously i know maxxis should be better being 60 extra per tyre but was wondering if they are really 60 dollars extra in value. Any other suggestions for tyres of 245/35R19?

Having 245/35R19 tires myself, I can give you a couple of suggestions.

Don't get the Autogrip tires if that's how much they are quoting you. For around that value, I would get Federal 595SS. I got these tires for about $214 per corner fitted, though you may be able to get them for less than that. Prior to that, I had the Maxxis MA-Z1 which is what I reckon you got quoted on. These were about $245 a corner fitted as well (got them from Bob Jane in a hurry due to a puncture).

In terms of grip, the Maxxis at first had quite a large amount of grip both in the wet and dry, but this just got worse as the tire started to wear. They also wore out relatively quick (when compared to my current 595SS). The Federal on the other hand has just that little more grip than the Maxxis and has managed to maintain it's levels of grip even as they have worn past 50%. Overall I would say I am quite satisfied... especially considering they were cheaper than the Maxxis. Bot h tires have performed on par or better than the OEM Dunlop SP Sport Maxx that came stock with the TRD Aurion.

In terms of noise, both the Maxxis MA-Z1 and Federal 595SS exhibit the same levels of noise which when compared to other tires, is definitely a bit noisier. It's nothing unbearable and not be notices when you have your stereo up to an enjoyable level, but this is something to be aware of if you value a very quiet drive.

But with that all said, I got a quote for Federal 595EVO's for about $9 more per tire however on both occasions when I tried to get them, the size I was after was on backorder. If you can get them, I would suggest those as they have even more grip than the 595SS and would be the best bang for your buck. I also hear they are slightly quieter than the 595SS, but I can't really comment on that.

Having 245/35R19 tires myself, I can give you a couple of suggestions.

Don't get the Autogrip tires if that's how much they are quoting you. For around that value, I would get Federal 595SS. I got these tires for about $214 per corner fitted, though you may be able to get them for less than that. Prior to that, I had the Maxxis MA-Z1 which is what I reckon you got quoted on. These were about $245 a corner fitted as well (got them from Bob Jane in a hurry due to a puncture).

In terms of grip, the Maxxis at first had quite a large amount of grip both in the wet and dry, but this just got worse as the tire started to wear. They also wore out relatively quick (when compared to my current 595SS). The Federal on the other hand has just that little more grip than the Maxxis and has managed to maintain it's levels of grip even as they have worn past 50%. Overall I would say I am quite satisfied... especially considering they were cheaper than the Maxxis. Bot h tires have performed on par or better than the OEM Dunlop SP Sport Maxx that came stock with the TRD Aurion.

In terms of noise, both the Maxxis MA-Z1 and Federal 595SS exhibit the same levels of noise which when compared to other tires, is definitely a bit noisier. It's nothing unbearable and not be notices when you have your stereo up to an enjoyable level, but this is something to be aware of if you value a very quiet drive.

But with that all said, I got a quote for Federal 595EVO's for about $9 more per tire however on both occasions when I tried to get them, the size I was after was on backorder. If you can get them, I would suggest those as they have even more grip than the 595SS and would be the best bang for your buck. I also hear they are slightly quieter than the 595SS, but I can't really comment on that.

Thanks for that DJ, I have got quotes for the Federal 595SS and my dealer came back with 195 a corner, which judging by the reviews for these tyres is a lot better value for money than the 185 for the autogrips. I asked about the 595 EVOS and the dealer said they dont get as good durability and for my needs i think the 595SS will suit best.