Aurion Sportivo Rear Bumper - detachable lip?

pinchy

Hi Guys

Just got an 07 Sportivo rear bumper painted and the guy accidentally painted the black lip, so now the whole thing is silver.

I've rang him back and he has acknowledged his mistake and is willing to take the paint back on the lip. The only problem is transporting the whole bumper back to him.

I'm wondering if the back lip is detachable from the bumper itself? I would assume so, as I don't think it would be one mould. If it is, does anyone know how to safely detach it from the bumper? (The bumper is NOT attached to the car)

I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight, but would be good if someone knows about this/has done it before :)

Cheers!

Not only clipped, there's 4 nut/bolts across the bottom as well. Be very careful as the bolt heads are square with sharp corners and if the nuts are seized to the bolts, the plastic brackets that hold the bolt heads in will give out before the nuts and will strip the plastic out of the brackets. If they're seized, it takes some rust loosener, small vice grips (to hold the tip of the bolt), an open-ended spanner (to turn the nut), and a lot of swearing and frustration.

Not only clipped, there's 4 nut/bolts across the bottom as well. Be very careful as the bolt heads are square with sharp corners and if the nuts are seized to the bolts, the plastic brackets that hold the bolt heads in will give out before the nuts and will strip the plastic out of the brackets. If they're seized, it takes some rust loosener, small vice grips (to hold the tip of the bolt), an open-ended spanner (to turn the nut), and a lot of swearing and frustration.

Oh wow, thanks for the info and detailed description.

That'll come in handy! :D

Just an update if anyone has to do this...

As Paradigm mentioned, there are four nut/bolts across the bottom. However, I also found I had to take an additional two nut/bots from the left and two from the right, so there were 8 to take out in total.

After undoing all 8 and the clips it comes apart pretty easily, just have to watch the seal that connects both pieces.

Lucky for me, only one nut/bolt was a pain. They all came out relatively easy except that one....which almost caused a lot of swearing and frustration :)

Ah, yes I forgot about 2 at each end. Good to hear yours didn't give you too much hassle. I put some anti-seize on them when I put it all back together again.