Mods to come:

- TRD muffler

- Coilovers

- Rear sway bar

- Fog lights

Thanks for looking,

Andy

Edited by DemonRolla

Congrats Andy on the new car, and yes I will be looking ;)

Thanks John, can't wait till I have to go on meets.

hey dude, nice purchase, but sad u gave up on finding the right stivo :( get the mods on already! :D work is just an excuse! :lol:

Thanks Duy, yeah was really looking forward to getting a stivo but I didn't have the time to keep looking, but this is still good something newer.

Work is paying for the mods, waiting for the first few pay cheques before I really get started.

Congrats on the purchase ^_^

Might have some parts for you soon when i part out....

Thanks Pete, yes please do tell me when you part out, can't wait to start the modding.

• 3 weeks later...

congrats on the upgrade ! how much did the tinting set you back and who did it? thanks :)

cheers!

the tinting set me back $200 cash. the guy who did it for me tints cars for Peter Warren dealers and he does cash jobs on the side. i'll pm you his details.

tell him what car you have and what % you want and he rocks up at your place to do the job.

apparently my corolla was the 5th one he had done today lol.

@Charlie, still waiting to save up more moolah lol. i'm thinking evo9 enkei's and pedders coils. John (juv) has helped to find a couple of sets not in syd, but yeh trying to find something in sydney if i can.

Went for the one month complimentary inspection today, while I was there took a walk to the parts centre and picked up a genuine boot liner, very snug fit I must say.

IMAG0120.jpg

Also fitted some aftermarket slimline weathershields.

IMAG0117.jpg

How cool are those boot liners, snug fit alright, I scored one last week as well.......

One day into owning the boot liner and I'm already loving it, makes the boot look clean and the extra grip stops the shopping from rolling everywhere.

Where's the chrome? (Apart from the badges lol, wanting to debadge but hesitant right now, since car is still too new)

IMAG0119.jpg

Decided to see what it would look like if the chrome lining was blacked out, so i used some matt black vinyl. Will probably plastidip it when I get a hold of a can.

• 2 months later...

Im enjoying watching your progress. I just brought a 2011 Ascent Sport 4 months ago - in white. Have done much either. Just some window tinting and custom purple AXS seat covers. I'll post some pic - when I'm allowed. Keeping an eye out for some wheels.

P.s I understand the love you have for the boot liner! =)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Emma! yes you should definitely post some pics ^_^ .. start your own rides thread. Haha the boot liner is awesome aye! What type of wheels are you after? I'm still very undecided on what wheels to get.

Minor update.. pics to come soon.

- Installed SMD license plate lights. such a pain to install, had to remove so many parts just to get the actual entire bulb housing to fit. But they are super bright though.

- Carbon fiber vinyl wrapped the silver parts of the centre console. This was also such a pain in trying to get the hand brake part right. Quite a number of imperfections due to overheating and stretching but it will do for now. Will redo it when i have more time.

- Installed an aftermarket leather with grey stitch gear boot. changes the look totally compared to the plastic one that come with an ascent.

Minor update.. pics to come soon.

- Installed SMD license plate lights. such a pain to install, had to remove so many parts just to get the actual entire bulb housing to fit. But they are super bright though.

- Carbon fiber vinyl wrapped the silver parts of the centre console. This was also such a pain in trying to get the hand brake part right. Quite a number of imperfections due to overheating and stretching but it will do for now. Will redo it when i have more time.

- Installed an aftermarket leather with grey stitch gear boot. changes the look totally compared to the plastic one that come with an ascent.

you might as welll share how to do it in more detail... I am so lazy to do it... as you mentioned, such a pain...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John, Hmm that's weird.. my inbox isn't full or anything. Yes that's where I mine from.

Sorry I should've mentioned this in the previous post, but I was gonna wait until i took some photos to show, but have been too busy lately...

The only problem I had with it was that the diameter of the top bit where the gear knob is does not fit. It's too small. so i had to make some adjustments i.e. cut and re sew. Looks okay for now. But looks a lot better compared to the ascent one I got.

Hope that helps. Was gonna mention it to the seller, but unsure if i had installed it incorrectly or it's different for the UK auris.

Thanks, looking forward to pics.. Yeah the UK has two boxes, a 6spd with the reverse ring like ours and a 5spd without ring, so I'm guessing they went by the 5spd