Hi there :D

I was wondering if you'll can help me out a little here.

How can I replace the following (most safe and efficient way):

1. Oil filter

2. Air filter

3. Fuel filter

Perhaps if you could give me a run down step by step for each that would be great ;) I want to know the most safe and efficient methods...

Thanks for your help

Camrolla

I reccomend buying yourself a Haynes manual suitable for the specific vehicle in mention and reading up , this way you can do futher work on the car using this book as they are very good value and very comprehensive. Also a good set of sockets and spanners are a neccesity !

the first 2 are extremely easy

Ive never done the fuel filter myself but im sure hiro or someone else can suggest

for Air filter, locate it... its on the right hand side of the bay and there's clips for the box, just unclip them, around 4 or so and take the cover off and then you can take the air filter out

for the oil filter - i assume you're doing your regular oil change. To take it off itself I personally like to wear washing gloves as I get more grip on it and it saves from burning my skin when the oil is hot (that is when I do an oil change I heat the car up, so the oil temp is at 3 notches so then the oil runs quick when it drains). And obviously have your oil pan/newspaper on the ground your car is parked on..

the first 2 are extremely easy

Ive never done the fuel filter myself but im sure hiro or someone else can suggest

for Air filter, locate it... its on the right hand side of the bay and there's clips for the box, just unclip them, around 4 or so and take the cover off and then you can take the air filter out

for the oil filter - i assume you're doing your regular oil change. To take it off itself I personally like to wear washing gloves as I get more grip on it and it saves from burning my skin when the oil is hot (that is when I do an oil change I heat the car up, so the oil temp is at 3 notches so then the oil runs quick when it drains). And obviously have your oil pan/newspaper on the ground your car is parked on..

I was unsure about the fuel filter too.

The other two I was sure of, just wanted to know how different people went about changing them.

Thanks a lot for your help

Much appreciated

Camrolla

Edited by camrolla

fuel filter coz i couldnt be bothered trying to figure it out and stuffing around - just got Midas to do it. 69$ from memory... how many km's on ur ae102? My roof lining is sagging bad.. it is a 1998 model though..

Just had a look at the fuel filter and it couldn't have been in a worser place to get to... :(

Mine's on 179 000 kms and the year is a 1996

Thanks

Camrolla