Aurion rear muffler delete straight 2.5"pipes exhaust setup

Vijith555

Hi Everyone,

I tried looking around for info about this specific exhaust setup but couldnt find anything so I thought I write.

I have seen videos of an Aurion which had its last rear mufflers removed and straight through pipes fitted to the end which really did give some decent note.

My question is with this kind of setup where the air flow is definitely going to be more, will the car's acceleration decrease by any amount? I am not after any gains in performance just the sound is enough so my only concern is would I loose any power?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As often discussed, there won't be any noticeable gains / losses. There is a dyno result here somewhere in the forum if I remembered correctly, result is as around expected figure..

i did it to my aurion with 18inch light weight rims i feel faster and hectic loud ! sounds like Lamborghini when you in the tunnel. but now i got some 20inch rims they are kinda heaver i feel slow better stick with 19inch rim i think is the best

@ Defyant - surprisingly it isn't that loud according to this video i've seen on YouTube. Its got the perfect growl that isnt to loud out of the Aurion engine :-)

I think this ride is in the club too -

Love the sound and can't wait to get it done hopefully in a few days :-)

Edited by Vijith555

I think hotdogs usually bring out a lot of sound compared to straight throughs but looking at this video I am surprised how quiet this car is without any mufflers which is interesting. I am thinking of unbolting the rear pipes and checking out the sound myself before I delete the mufflers..i dont like to much noise so hopefully it sounds like the Aurion on this video :)

@ Defyant - surprisingly it isn't that loud according to this video i've seen on YouTube. Its got the perfect growl that isnt to loud out of the Aurion engine :-)

I think this ride is in the club too -

Love the sound and can't wait to get it done hopefully in a few days :-)

Cheers mate, i forgot about that vid,

I think hotdogs usually bring out a lot of sound compared to straight throughs but looking at this video I am surprised how quiet this car is without any mufflers which is interesting. I am thinking of unbolting the rear pipes and checking out the sound myself before I delete the mufflers..i dont like to much noise so hopefully it sounds like the Aurion on this video smile.png

Sounds like the most sensible way to go about it, might do the same next week :)

On a side note i was burning down the m5 to SC drive last night, just comming thru the airport tunnel and seen a aurion up a head ......and planted it ! flat to the floor kicked back a gear ,

As we passed macca's on the left the wifey goes.... cops @ maccas! That blue metalic chaser thats always there,they didint even raise eyebrow!

Somthing to be said for stocker stealthyness!

The advantages of having stock exhausts :)

I have experienced the similar situation where the cops don't notice the car on full throttle...

The good thing about this exhaust I see is it is not that loud which is really nice but must have to check it out..hopefully I get a chance to unbolt the rears and testing the sound before removing the mufflers..cant wait :)

@ Defyant - if you get it done before me, I want a video clip ;)

Hi guys,

I have done this to my aurion. I sounds ok, a bit drain-pipe like down low but gets a nice bark above about 3,500rpm.

I was going to try some hot-dogs where the original mufflers were as its a bit droney in the car especially at 100kph. But after scoota44's comment im not so sure.

Oh and its 2.5inch pipe.

Cheers

Richard

Hi guys,

I have done this to my aurion. I sounds ok, a bit drain-pipe like down low but gets a nice bark above about 3,500rpm.

I was going to try some hot-dogs where the original mufflers were as its a bit droney in the car especially at 100kph. But after scoota44's comment im not so sure.

Oh and its 2.5inch pipe.

Cheers

Richard

Thats where I have gone wrong, I did mine in 1 3/4 diameter and with the hotdogs ! I have tried it with the mufflers off and I thought it was tooooo loud !

Hi simplyvandinh, zedder and vijith555

The setup is just 2.5inch press bent pipe that replaces the rear mufflers. simple.

I will try and get a video under load to see what it sounds like (still havent heard myself). Also im thinking about getting some resonators put in to cut out some of the drone.

Thanks for the comments

This is my aurion sound

Sounds good mate..2 or 2.5" pipes?

Im using stock pipes but im not sure how much the muffler is only change and straight pipes at the middle. it sound more nicer in real life, camera couldn't pick it up

Hi simplyvandinh, zedder and vijith555 The setup is just 2.5inch press bent pipe that replaces the rear mufflers. simple. I will try and get a video under load to see what it sounds like (still havent heard myself). Also im thinking about getting some resonators put in to cut out some of the drone. Thanks for the comments

i got your exact setup done on my car today..sounds good..let us know what kind of resonators you go with if you do mate :)

I had a quick look underneath this morning when I started the car and found out that the water drops you get in the morning start from the exhaust tips is actually dripping from the center connection (which now has 2.5" pipes leading to tips without mufflers). I have never noticed the water drops coming from the tips in this car before so I am not sure if this is how if normally is...could someone tell me if this is normal? I need to know because I feel if that isnt normal I might be having some sound leak from that point too but maybe it hardly matters..Cheers :)