Aurion rear muffler delete straight 2.5"pipes exhaust setup

Vijith555

Interesting to see what Toyota has to say about SHADOW- and he,s exhaust mod. in regards to any warranty issues.(have you asked them mate if it effects the warranty of the driveline), :g: let us know mate what they had to say, cheers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the first thing i did for my aurion is take off the 2x stock muffler bolt on 2x hi tech hi-flow light weight muffler $720 good sound but not loud enough ok next step removed resonator $50 sound pretty same, ok next step removed cat then straight pipe $100 LOL epic loud i swear to god just like driving a Jet on the road screaming at gear 1 to 3 around 3.5 to 4000 rpms people is looking at me when i drive in city i was like what the hell you looking at then i got scared because of the nose/ defect by cops mwhahah then i bought hi-tech Hi-flow cat $300 bolt it on it reduce about 30-35% of no cat sound im happy with it now no need to worry about the defect.

Looks like you have done a lot of modifications and got that thing to sound just right hey..thats nice..would be interesting to hear how it sounded throughout those stages ;) nice to see another Aurion growling down the streets :)

lol if you like loud sound thats the way but if not fun of you copped that 15k fine mwhaha the hi-flow cats + removed mid silencer + new muffler will do the right sound..no need to have the cannon, i was going to custom build a headers but the guy say too much job they were to scared to touch the sensor plus this not a race car wasted of time XD Edited by Shadow_

Interesting to see what Toyota has to say about SHADOW- and he,s exhaust mod. in regards to any warranty issues.(have you asked them mate if it effects the warranty of the driveline), :g: let us know mate what they had to say, cheers

mwhaha good question but i havent ask them, and yes i can tell it will have issues with the warranty i dont really care anymore since the i bought it new now nearly 3 years wont make any difference toyota have a good engine wont have any problem after 5-6 years my other toyota nearly 12 years now still no a big problem just brake light bulb blowed every 3 month :P

mwhaha good question but i havent ask them, and yes i can tell it will have issues with the warranty i dont really care anymore since the i bought it new now nearly 3 years wont make any difference toyota have a good engine wont have any problem after 5-6 years my other toyota nearly 12 years now still no a big problem just brake light bulb blowed every 3 month :P

I actually rang Toyota and asked them if my warranty would get affected by removing the rear mufflers only and they said only anything to do with the exhaust would be not covered but everything else remains still under warranty..but maybe if you touch the cat or anything else then you might look into warranty issues in other areas..but like Shadow said these cars will just run through the warranty period with no real issues :)

Edited by Vijith555

Will the Toyota Warranty become void if I modify my car?

Toyota Warranty will continue to apply to original components of the vehicle providing they have not been altered from the manufacturer's specification or impacted by the modifications. Also, the Toyota Warranty will continue to apply if your vehicle is fitted with Toyota Genuine Parts and Accessories. However, any damage resulting from non-genuine modifications will not be covered.

• 4 weeks later...

im planning to headup to hi tech mufflers in sydney within several weeks , for some muffler work , wonder what my 4cyl camry will sound like with straightpipe lol

I am going to do this mod next year to mine, I was just wondering, are the vids that are on here so we can hear the sound, are the cars in them supercharged models or naturally aspirated. Just need a comparison cause mine is not supercharged, I imagine the note would be different from a supercharged car. I like the idea of leaving the resonator and deleting the mufflers and straight through pipes, not sure wether to stay with 2" or go to 2.5". I noticed some have listed they have deleted the resonator and changed the muffler. I like the sound of blue Aurion that Vijith555 posted and was wondering what the proper specs are on the mod, that is the sound I am after.

I just wanted you to know the stock aurion pipe is 2.5inch not 2inch if you measure it.. i was going to go 2.5 but my muffler shop told me its 2.45 or something like that no point to wasting money on 2.5 not going to make any differen

As for warranty, I just wonder where they draw the line, I have seen facelift (09 on) Aurions around that have a nudge or roo bar on them just to mount spotlights. Techinically this is would be a non-genuine part but spliced into the wiring system so are they going to void the warranty on the electrics just because you add a set of spotties?? I have added DRLs to mine, would that void the electrics, not to mention, footwell leds, door pocket leds and what about changing interior lamps to leds. Toyota have told me that headlamp upgrades to brighter higher kelvin bulbs does not affect warranty as long as the bulbs are the same wattage as orginal. But if trouble happens they will try to get out of covering you if they can, that is the vibe I get from my local dealership. Just the service and warranty department, the spare parts guys are cool with mods when I have talked to them as long as they are not too extreme. But as Shadow said, Toyotas are reliable and trouble free. As for the brake light blowing every 3 months, I had an 84' Celica for 9 years and never changed a blown bulb in it, I upgraded the headlights but never replace a bulb the whole time I had it. I love my Aurion but I really loved my 84' Celica, actually I have loved all the toyotas I have had, even the 79' Corona I had was a beast. I'm biased but toyota made me that way....lol

I have been reading through these posts and I own 2011 Aurion Sportivo. Yes I am a female. It sounds so lame. I need a good note. Has anyone fitted the TRD exhuast. My husband wants me to get the TRD exhaust but I would rather go the cheaper verison and just remove the rear mufflers. If anyone has fitted one of the TRD mufflers and if it has a good sound it would be awesome to know.

I have been reading through these posts and I own 2011 Aurion Sportivo. Yes I am a female. My vehicle sounds so lame. I need a good note. Has anyone fitted the TRD exhuast. My husband wants me to get the TRD exhaust but I would rather go the cheaper verison and just remove the rear mufflers. If anyone has fitted one of the TRD mufflers and if it has a good sound it would be awesome to know.

Edited by Beck

Hi Beck, Well I can't speak for the TRD exhaust, maybe the other guys can as the supercharger may make a difference to the sound or maybe not the exhaust just the intake noise, I am going with the mod mentioned on here for mine, the Aurion doesn't come out in a TRD model anymore. Toyota withdrew the TRD supercharged model a few years back. I am not sure but before my Aurion I had a Camry Sportivo which Toyota claimed had a sports exhaust and it did sound different from standard Camrys, My Touring Aurion is suppose to have a sports exhaust but I have not noticed other Touring models with a better sound. Sorry that wasn't much help. But can anyone tell me if upgrading my exhaust from the 1st resonator back to twin 2.5" pipes with no rear mufflers will affect my warranty or do I have to ask Toyota, car in 2nd year of new car warranty?

Hi Beck, Well I can't speak for the TRD exhaust, maybe the other guys can as the supercharger may make a difference to the sound or maybe not the exhaust just the intake noise, I am going with the mod mentioned on here for mine, the Aurion doesn't come out in a TRD model anymore. Toyota withdrew the TRD supercharged model a few years back.

The TRD exhaust for the Aurion is in reference to the American TRD branded cat-back exhaust. It appears though that they now just supply it a rear mufflers. Look here:

http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=-8132

On that note Beck, it's not really worth it. Those mufflers are just rebranded Borla mufflers with TRD tips attached to it. You can save your money by just getting Borla mufflers and combining it with some good looking tips. You can save even more money by getting any other brand of muffler even.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

C.E.S "Custom Exhuast Systems"

Just google CES exhaust systems :)

Don't have to go that extreme just for replacing the mufflers for straight pipes. Just go to Right Price in Slacks Creek.

I have noticed some rust around the inside of the exhaust tip surrounds of my 2011 Aurion Touring.

Is this normal?

On the inner side of the exhausts there is no black soot so it's definietely not running rich.

• 1 month later...

With deleting the rear mufflers and running 2.5" pipes back, is it done from point 'A' (the join) or point 'B' (the 'Y') in this pic? I have measured the pipes and after the join to the muffler they are 2.1 inch and just under 2 inches on the other side of the join back to the 'Y'. Also on a different note, can't we add pics to our own gallery any more?

post-27452-0-97479000-1350007287_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

With deleting the rear mufflers and running 2.5" pipes back, is it done from point 'A' (the join) or point 'B' (the 'Y') in this pic? I have measured the pipes and after the join to the muffler they are 2.1 inch and just under 2 inches on the other side of the join back to the 'Y'. Also on a different note, can't we add pics to our own gallery any more?

post-27452-0-97479000-1350007287_thumb.j

From A : it would be the cheapest i think and is usually done from there hence the "muffler delete"

Edited by bigVAN