Smart Entry/Smart start options

jrhowie

After extensively searching throught the forums both manually and via search, I have not been able to come across what i need.

I have the Sx6 so do not have the Smart entry/push button start in the car, however, would like to get it installed.

Does anyone know how much Toyota would charge to do it with genuine parts through a service centre?

Also, if i install an aftermarket one, what can i expect in the way of warranties being voided etc.

http://www.advancedk...rod_AK104B.html (this is the best i have found, comes with Toyota/lexus push start button so it looks OEM.)

what can i expect in the way of warranties being voided etc.

EDIT: And also, any reccomendations of Auto electricians to install the system once i get it. (Brisbane area)

Edited by jrhowie

No one is really fussy about it so far. If you're asking Toyota to do it, might as well sell your car and get ZR / presara ones. Expect Toyota to burn holes in your pocket if you want evrything genuine.

The way I see it, might as well go aftermarket ones.

Go aftermarket; Genuine and you would need a body ECU (say $900), certification ECU (around $400), steering column lock (probably $200), start switch (over $300), wire harness (getting expensive now), engine room fuse box (expense continues), keyfobs ($600 pair) and much more!

Prices are only estimates, I haven't looked at prices for these parts in over 2 years.

I have my facelift ZR6 up for sale if you want to go genuine ...

It seems that an aftermarket system would have to do. The one i posted above is only 350 plus shipping and reading through the manuals, seems relatively easy to install.

Does anyone know where i can get an immobiliser bypass from without getting ripped off?

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic; I saw the link that jrhowie put up. The car is automatically locked when the key isn't within range.

Would it be possible to configure the stock keyless start system to do that too?

Yes we have that feature, given when you open your car, and you didnt start the ignition at all. It'll lock back automatically after a short while.

If you want to have it all the time, maybe a module is required.

Yes we have that feature, given when you open your car, and you didnt start the ignition at all. It'll lock back automatically after a short while.

If you want to have it all the time, maybe a module is required.

The only time the doors will automatically lock is when you unlock the doors with the remote or by touching the door handle (after the doors were initially locked) and do not open a door for 30 seconds.

To answer the question again, no, our Body ECU can not be programmed to lock it automatically when you walk away. I can think of ways to make it do so, but you essentially need to make a kit for it.

Adamsy's ZR6 does exactly that, as far as we know without any extra module fitted. Are we sure there's not some setting that can be changed with the IT?

I'd have to see that one first hand. As far as I was aware, there were no settings in the Body ECU that allows such a feature.

Mine doesn't lock automatically. Of course, you should lock your doors when you leave the car but once in awhile when you forget, it would be a great safety net if the car would lock itself when the key is no longer in range.