best rim size for stock camry .

bigVAN

Hey guys ,

im about to purchase some new wheels , but dunno if they will fit . hoping to fit 18s or 19s .

but my first question is will 18 x 10 with an offset of +33 or 18 x 9 with an offset of +27 fit my stock camry ? is it too wide / big ??

If the stock is 6.5 x 16 i have doubts but then again you will have issues with insurance as it is technically RTA- illegal to go that size.

This is very subjective. What's the 'best' referring to? Economy fuel? Leave it at stock.

Your rear will depend on whether you're on coils / springs. Have a look on members' rides like private number. It'll give an idea how much it'll sit in / out compared to stock.

and 18s..? I'll vouch 19s minimal with that specs.

Hey I dont know a great deal bout cars and whats right and whats not but I got an 07 sportivo and it had 19's on it when we bought it. tyres are 19/245/35. they seem fine only thing is i think it needs 40 instead of 35 cause speedo is slightly out. Hope that is of some use to you

For a stock Camry, as you stated, the above specs will look really silly. Especially no camber or a drop.

However for the sake of conversation. 10 +33 won't fit. You'll hit the strut.

If your planning to leave it stock, or drop it with springs or coil overs but not slam it and do things such as stretch Tyres and camber a 19x8.5 +35 will sit nicely.

Edited by private number

He has an Ateva, so only 16s.

Not relevant. I read somewhere that the minimum is counted from the dealers' optional package..

So say with sportivo based line model, 16s, dealers offer 18s with extra $$. Then 18 it is.

Not relevant. I read somewhere that the minimum is counted from the dealers' optional package..

So say with sportivo based line model, 16s, dealers offer 18s with extra $$. Then 18 it is.

That us correct however it must be stated on the placard. You can go 10mm over the largest dealer fitted options but it must be stated what the options are on the placard.

Eg the Is250 has stock 16s but on the placard it stated 16, 17, and 18s are fittable to the car.

I don't have an Ateva so i don't don't know what the placard reads but on the sportivo it only has 17s stated. I doubt it states 16, 17 ad 18s on the Ateva.

That is correct however it must be stated on the placard. You can go 26mm wider over the largest dealer fitted options but it must be stated what the options are on the placard. Without requiring engineer certificate.

Eg. The Is250 Prestige has stock 16s but on the placard it states 16x7s, 17x8s, and 18x8, 18x8.5s are fittable to the car. So technically an Is250 owner can fit max 9.5in wide wheels, and not more than 19 inch in diameter (actually it's suppose to be up to 15mm which is only 18.6 inch but that is not possible).

http://www.rta.nsw.g.../vsi09_rev4.pdf

I don't have an Ateva so i don't don't know what the placard reads but on the Sportivo it only has 17s stated. I doubt it states 16, 17 ad 18s on the Ateva.

Double checking Sportivo ....

Edited by aem

thanks everyone for their opinions !!

For a stock Camry, as you stated, the above specs will look really silly. Especially no camber or a drop.

However for the sake of conversation. 10 +33 won't fit. You'll hit the strut.

If your planning to leave it stock, or drop it with springs or coil overs but not slam it and do things such as stretch Tyres and camber a 19x8.5 +35 will sit nicely.

yeah thanks changed my mind !

plans with lowered springs are going ahead as planned .

as for the wheels i got some ohhhh yeahhh .

That is correct however it must be stated on the placard. You can go 26mm wider over the largest dealer fitted options but it must be stated what the options are on the placard. Without requiring engineer certificate.

I don't have an Ateva so i don't don't know what the placard reads but on the Sportivo it only has 17s stated. I doubt it states 16, 17 ad 18s on the Ateva.

Although I can't really argue with the file you posted, I'd have to disagree. Toyota offers Kappa wheels 18 inch, for Aurion. That fact is simple enough for me to base my decisions on. The base model of Aurion and the top range are identical in everything apart from the minor cosmetics and the extra features some owners spend their money on. It's just the money difference. Although some members have argued to compare the normal Aurions to the TRD with 19 inch. Apart from stating obvious, i still find the case compelling.

I have 20x8.5 +45

They sit flush on the front a little tucked in the rear.

My insurance company lets me do anything, as long as it's legal.

In QLD we are allowed to increase to any diameter, as long as the rolling circumference doesn't + or - by more than 25mm and the track doesn't change by more than 25mm.

Double checking Sportivo ....

just checked , the manual states 16's or 17's .

so technically i can go up to 19 ? but i got 20's

you gotta also check the tyres if they meet the loading rate . camry's have a LR 95 i.e. 690kg .

so the tyres on them now aren't legal , so trying to get different tyres with higher loading rates.

current tyres 225/35/20 90W , thoughts on changing tyres ? to which spec ?

and yes im getting suspension done - lowered king springs .

I have 20x8.5 +45

They sit flush on the front a little tucked in the rear.

My insurance company lets me do anything, as long as it's legal.

In QLD we are allowed to increase to any diameter, as long as the rolling circumference doesn't + or - by more than 25mm and the track doesn't change by more than 25mm.

mmm coool , mines 20x8.5 +38 , so mine should be legal according to NRMA which let you modify only if its legal !

man take some more shots of your car , i wanna see more keep me inspired like privates one :)

p.s im still waiting for that rear LED tail badge light ehehehehehe

Edited by simplyvandinh

@svd, the manual will not cover you, it's the placard that will. I rang RTA and spoke to a couple of people for second opinnions and they say you can only go 25mm wider than the largest offerring on you car as stated on the placard. If the Ateva has 16x.6.5, you can only go x 7.5 wide.

Other car forums also states it needs to be stated on the placard also.

Btw, lowering a car to any amount now requires an engineer's certificate.

Don't get me wrong here man, I'm not trying to talk you out of modding lol, just thought you should know but then again you're not alone so do what you want i guess.

Edited by aem

@svd, the manual will not cover you, it's the placard that will. I rang RTA and spoke to a couple of people for second opinnions and they say you can only go 25mm wider than the largest offerring on you car as stated on the placard. If the Ateva has 16x.6.5, you can only go x 7.5 wide.

Other car forums also states it needs to be stated on the placard also.

Btw, lowering a car to any amount now requires an engineer's certificate.

Don't get me wrong here man, I'm not trying to talk you out of modding lol, just thought you should know but then again you're not alone so do what you want i guess.

Yeah i know lol , all i want is too add mods but for it to be legal . but i see your point . :)

mmm , how come the mechanics at 'midas' say i dont need a certificate for lowering it . he goes only if its air suspension , other than that lowered springs is fine to a certain point .

Edited by simplyvandinh

"

From August 1, car owners will be limited to raising or lowering their suspension by no more than five centimetres, and all modifications will need approval from Roads and Traffic Authority engineers.

Currently, a car can be raised or lowered by up to five centimetres without approval and by up to 15 centimetres with approval. "

so thats the limit . :)

"Currently, a car can be raised or lowered by up to five centimetres without approval and by up to 15 centimetres with approval."

That was current in 2009 lol, not current as in 2012.

So effectively 0-5cm drop is legel provided you get RTA approved engineer cert.