TOYOTA AURIONDRL CCFL Angel Eyes Projector Head Lights

arc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of Aurion headlights, does anyone else find their factory high beam is not that great, it doesn't seem to brighten the road ahead of me at all. if this is common Is there a mod or any info on how to make them better

Speaking of Aurion headlights, does anyone else find their factory high beam is not that great, it doesn't seem to brighten the road ahead of me at all. if this is common Is there a mod or any info on how to make them better

They are the best set of high beams i have used in over 30 different vehicles O_o

3 options to improve

1. Get your headlights adjusted ( toyota dealer can set them with their gear )
  2. Replace bulbs with new Halogen bulbs
  3. HID Kit <- Love this option as 55W HID Kit in my 09 ATX is just the best lighting ive ever used (once warmed up after 3 or so mins)

Good stuff, let us know when you get that done and what the result is

Took my car into toyota today, they are ordering 2 new front headlights (under warranty). Factory fault they say during assembly, the high beams were set all the way up and the adjustment screw was set all the to down when they put them together so they could not adjust them any further. Unnusual that both are the same. Have to wait 3 weeks for the new ones to arrive, hope it's not on all Touring models. Got them to look up the angel eyes headlights while I was there, they couldn't find them. Are they factory and if so what model/year are they on or does anyone have a part number. I was hopeing to make a deal with the replacement ones and pay the diff on a set of angels. Could someone let me know if they are factory or aftermarket?

Thanks Vick, I'm new to most mods on my Aurion, was waiting for the 100% first year warranty to run out before I started changing too much (didn't want to void warranty), I checked with toyota about an oil pressure guage and they told me that because it is a non-genuine part any future oil problems even not related to the guage sender are not covered, I'm in the 2nd 50% year now, then next year is the 25% coverage year, after that it's all out with the mods I have in mind. By the way, the pending mods you list on your beast, you have 'Shark Fin', is that the BMW areal(excuse the spelling) or something else? As for the power fold mirrors, I was annoyed when my partner got her Corolla Ascent Hatch not long after I got my Aurion and it has the power-fold back mirrors, would love that option.

As for the power fold mirrors, I was annoyed when my partner got her Corolla Ascent Hatch not long after I got my Aurion and it has the power-fold back mirrors, would love that option.

I have looked a bit into this for the Aurion as i was looking into getting them for mine too. After a few hours searching around online, i came up with nothing. It seems there's not many places that do these aftermarket, and none at all that i can see for the Aurion/Camry.

As for the power fold mirrors, I was annoyed when my partner got her Corolla Ascent Hatch not long after I got my Aurion and it has the power-fold back mirrors, would love that option.

I have looked a bit into this for the Aurion as i was looking into getting them for mine too. After a few hours searching around online, i came up with nothing. It seems there's not many places that do these aftermarket, and none at all that i can see for the Aurion/Camry.

Maybe try the wreckers for a set or the Corolla ones could have the same side mirrors or they might fit your Aurion or you could modify the Corolla ones into yours.

I hardly looked into the matter. Typed 'power mirror' into our forum search and:

Folding Mirrors

With that information in mind, a quick Google search:

TOYOTA camry/solara power-folding signal side mirror SAE/07~2010

I hardly looked into the matter. Typed 'power mirror' into our forum search and:

Folding Mirrors

Well then... My bad. It seems i need to stop doing my searches in stupid hours of the morning. -.-

Thanks for the correction DJKOR, seems this forum would fall to pieces without you lol *hi5*

By the way, the pending mods you list on your beast, you have 'Shark Fin', is that the BMW areal(excuse the spelling) or something else? As for the power fold mirrors, I was annoyed when my partner got her Corolla Ascent Hatch not long after I got my Aurion and it has the power-fold back mirrors, would love that option.

Don't know if I want the shark fin. If not, it's up for Grabs. Yeah, that's the fin BMW has on its roof.

Power mirrors can be done easily. DJKOR has pointed you in the right direction. As for me, it's going up next week. Now what I'm searching for, is a reverse tilt module, so not to scrub my rims to kerbs.

Folding Mirrors

Has anyone else delt with this site, I have sent several emails asking about the mirrors, they do not answer all my questions or they don't anwer them clearly and refer to parts I will need from them that are not called in the switch selection as they call them in the email. I have asked them to answer my 5 questions in one email, and they answered only 2 and one was very vague. Has anyone else had problems with communication with this site?

This is the response I got after asking 5 questions about the mirrors. I cant make much sense of it, I asked if they were genuine or aftermarket parts, does it come with fitting instructions and a wiring diagram, will it work with the existing electric mirror controls in my car and which switch will I need to fold the mirrors back and tilt down for reverse parking and if they are aftermarket are they desighed for Toyotas and the models listed. That was my 5 questions to them and this was their reply. (copy and pasted)

'These are aftermarket part.

You need our control module to fold the mirror assy the whole set, it's dofferent rom the moving of glass only.

Thanks!'

a 'ruyun lue' is the person on the emails. I am not sure wether to go ahead with buying them until I know the answers to these, can anyone here help me?

You need our control module to fold the mirror assy the whole set, it's dofferent rom the moving of glass only.

Thanks!'

a 'ruyun lue' is the person on the emails. I am not sure wether to go ahead with buying them until I know the answers to these, can anyone here help me?

LMAO!!!! Wow!

Sounds like you will need an additional control module because your power mirror controls will only control the mirror, not the entire folding unit.

Ask if they sell the control module and how much. I'm keen too if you wanted to try for a group discount.

Definitely aftermarket or it would cost an insane amount of money.

Thanks!'

LMAO!!!! Wow!

Sounds like you will need an additional control module because your power mirror controls will only control the mirror, not the entire folding unit.

Ask if they sell the control module and how much. I'm keen too if you wanted to try for a group discount.

Definitely aftermarket or it would cost an insane amount of money.

Hi GDUBB,

The site has the choice of an ' auto-fold switch for $48 and a Tilt control switch for $78 but they replied back to me tonight with this:

'Yes!

The mirrors equiped with the motors to move the glass. It's compatable with the existing controls in your car.

Since we don't carry the tilt module any more, I don't have any answer for this issue.

Thanks!'

I have asked them again about the wiring diagram and which of the 2 switches they list I would need to fold the mirror back at least but they haven't got back to me yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Folding mirrors arrived today from TOYOTA camry/solara power-folding signal side mirror SAE/07~2010, the site says their address is San Diego, CA but the return address on the box has the same name of the person on the emails I recieved from them and return address was Taiwan. Backs or should I say fronts, the bit to be painted is very hard to get on, don't want to push to hard in case I break the glass of the clips, can't say for sure till I get it on in a trial but it doesn't look like it's going to be the neatest fit. 4 SMD LED indicators on each but I wonder how you replace them if one blows, I'd say you replace the whole indicator section, instrructions are vague at first, they dont tell you what plug is in the pic. No actual switch to fold the mirrors back but the module I had to purchase was called auto-folding switch. I guess that says it all. Some of the parts shown in the glossy instuctions don't look the same as what came with the kit. There is suppose to be a driver side & passenger side harness according to the instructions pic but this is not so. May all be clearer after a bit of a play with it, wires named but they do not say if they are positive or negative so makes a bench test a bit hard. For all I know when I pull the door trims off it may plug straight in, they show a plug you are to change the pins around in to suit the mirror but they don't tell you where it's located but it is meant for left hand drive, the vehicle in the photos has the Lexus 'L' in the centre of the steering wheel. Again being left hand drive they don't tell you the colour or location of the indicator lights wires and there is no scotch clips (those blue wire joiners) but the photo of the kit shows them. Will take pics and post as I go, I'll consult a auto-electrician and he may make sense of it all straight away and probably will get it wired professionally to protect some of my warranty though it is not a genuine part. Toyota have already told me that an Oil pressure gauge sender would void the warranty on any problem with the gaskets or oil related problems even if not even related to the sender.

It's funny how I've been trying to sell my auto-folding mirrors and now there are discussion on trying to purchase them.

Despite of it being LHD or RHD, doesnt really matter. When you connect the wires, you'll have to try it anyway.

Most of the aftermarket folding mirrors are to be used with modules instead of switches anw.

And yeah, with the indicators, have to buy as a whole.

i don't get folding mirrors. I've been driving for nearly 20 years and never had to fold in my mirrors. Anyways just sounds like alot of coin for something I'd never use.

My partner bought a 2010 Corolla Ascent Hatch which has fold back mirrors as standard, she';s in Melbourne at the moment, I drove down last year to give my Aurion a good run (From Townsville North QLD, around 2800k's each way) and Melbourne parking is shocking, parks are so small. My mirrors got knocked around a bit in carparks when I would get back to the car, some people don't have any respect for other people's cars, I had no dents in it either, was down there a month and got 3 from pricks opening their doors onto it.

Wow! From angel eyes to mirrors, this thread went off track quik :P. how'd you go with your lights GDubb? Any word? Want piccys ASAP.

Sigh. Still waiting! Emailed them tonight.

• 1 month later...

Wow! From angel eyes to mirrors, this thread went off track quik :P. how'd you go with your lights GDubb? Any word? Want piccys ASAP.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but any feedback on the lights? Seen so many ppls 'opinions' on ccfl halos who don't seem to own any on their cars. Would like to hear from someone who has them! :)

Sorry to bring up an old thread but any feedback on the lights? Seen so many ppls 'opinions' on ccfl halos who don't seem to own any on their cars. Would like to hear from someone who has them! :)

No worries.... I have been all over the shop with my content lately, so I'm not easy to follow. As far as my "Angel Eyes", I am very happy! CCFLs look great, and the quality is decent. Check out

There are lots of photos by ppl tht are way more helpful to the forum than me on that link, but IMO, worth every cent.

• 1 month later...

Folding Mirrors

Well, bought a pair of folding mirrors off these guys. they are not in the USA as their address states, had heaps of communitcation probs with them till I finally decided to buy (took 6 emails to answer my questions). Got the backs of the mirrors painted this week with my eyelids and bodykit (pics to follow on that thread as soon as alli is fitted) to match but have not tried to fit them to my Aurion though they are for the US/Asian Camry so should fit, I forget who & please forgive me, but a member told me that when 1 of the 4 LED incator lamps blows you have to buy the whole indicator unit, good luck with that as you read on, I am hoping my factory ones will fit if that happens. Have emailed 3 times regarding a better wiring diagram for the mirrors, even googled Keylight Technology Inc. (which is a crock of s*&t) and got scary news from the US Lexus site for the equivalent of the this site but the forum post stated ' STAY AWAY,STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY.' always good to read after you have bought the item but, without including the rest they had the same probs I did with them, bad communication, poor English and they don't answer their phone, their address is San Diego CA, but when my foldback mirrors arrived to me they were sent from Taiwan, the Lexus site only ordered the LED mirror cover conversion, I got the folding mirror with LED indicatiors. Got a glossy A4 brochure type instructions, but it only tells you how to fit and wire the LED indicator covers which is irrelavant for what I got, 2 wires for indicator, big deal + & -, how hard provided you dont blow them. But I digress, they included a photocopied list of what coloured wire for what but it's vague and doesn't tell you what is negative or positive, about as useful as parachutes on the Titanic. But not totally useless. After playing around a bit (and some beers), out of sheer frustration I just went for it and hooked up power to the wires they stated in the photocopy, (with some electrical pondering of course), with some playing around with reversing positives and negatives as I asumed & expect on adjustable mirrors that also fold back, with just 2 motors and reversing polarity, I got the glass to go up/down/left/right, it's just a manner of swapping the positive & negative (work out the switch later), got the folding part to work & know the wire colours, one way for fold in and reverse to fold out just like the mirror motors. Although not used here in North Qld, they also have the wires for heating the mirror in cold conditions, not module supplied but not immpossible, works with the rear demister/froster but even here still handy 1st thing in the morning with the dew or cold or for travelling (it does get that way in the morning here in winter), Plus I drive to Melb sometimes, I just have to check with an auto electrician to make them work or go off the manuals on here, downloaded the circuit for the mirror heater, without short circuting (2 wires into back of mirror, both black with a white stripe). The inticators were easy, scary because they don't state what is positive and negative and LEDs don't like it around the wrong way as we know, got that working, basically got everthing working excepty the mirror heaters, will try to use the manuals I downloaded from here, thanks for that, if I can't safely work out the wiring with the rear demister then I will take it to a auto electrician, may need a relay or something like that to make sure it works with the rear demister without blowing it or blowing fuses all the time but up in NQ I may even have a switch to turn them off and on ( the mirror heaters), not like I need them all the time here as much as the rear window but will see if it doesn't really matter that the mirrors heat up with the rear window then why bother with a switch unless needed. with all the Lexus and European cars sold here that heave that feature. So will let you know if you want, if you see AURION TOURING 2010 FOR WRECKING AND PARTS on here you will know it failed big time.

• 3 months later...

Just reviving this thread, did anyone buy a set of mirrors of these guys? If so did you get the folding module they supply? I bought a pair and am still chasing them for a wiring diagram for the module, they keep telling me the photocopied sheet they sent me is the wiring diagram but it only lists the wire colours and functions for the mirrors, I have 9 wires on the module and no idea which ones go where or what's postitive or negative, can anyone help me as they are typically stalling in getting back to me, I don't recommend buying off Keylight, their site says California address but they are Taiwan based, have read complaints about them on a US Lexus TOC forum. If you want fold back mirrors then buy just the mirrors (they seem to be pretty good and they are a perfect fit) but get a control module off eBay, that is what I may have to do if no-one can't help me out on here if they have a wiring diagram. I have googled it but found diagrams for other modules, ZMC etc, the module just has FOCUS9260A0904 on a label on the side, no idea who makes it. Hope someone can help me, paid $48 for it and will be about $50 for one off ebay from Singapore or I can get one from the UK but if I can would rather get the one I paid for working. Please PM me if you can help.

Cheers.

Well after some harrassing I they finally sent me an email with the wiring diagram for the module, the enclosures would not run, it was HTM, XML & GIF files, about 20 of them, one of the HTM files opened up with the text but no diagrams, I followed the text info and got it working on a bench test simulation so will instal this weekend....finally.

• 1 month later...

I got the Angel eyes on my Aurion. but they are not as bright as i expected them to be.. you can only see them properly when the suns not shining on them directly..

im ot fnished with this car, still need to do a lot more mods to it

post-29896-0-46310400-1350540979_thumb.j

post-29896-0-76499600-1350541016_thumb.j

post-29896-0-59585100-1350541046_thumb.j