Permanon, long lasting paint protection

TRD468

I have discovered a new product known as Permanon. It is basically a German polish for aircraft, water craft and automobiles. You dilute to product by 10% with clean water. You would have this in a spray bottle. You would then simply spray it on to any exterior surface of the car, let it sit for a couple of seconds then hose it off giving you a shine that will last up to 6 months. Sounds simple and ridiculous... yes i know, but this is how it works. Permanon is a positively charged chemical, which means that it will bond the the cars surface as it is negatively charged, which is why you spray on and hose off. Dust and dirt that gets onto your car is positively charged as well, which means that when it gets near the surface which the permanon is protecting, the dirt is repelled, or is extremely easy to wash off. To wash the dust off simply hose the car down, you will also notice the the water runs off very easily and quickly due to its slippery surface. Water marks will not appear. This is an amazing product and well worth buying, keep in mind that it is not cheap but it will not disappoint. Watch the video below and it explains it in more detail basically. To purchase visit the permanon website

Edited by toyota pride

Taken from the website:

Applying Supershine

• Clean car thoroughly, removing existing wax and dirt.
  • Mix up 25ml of Supershine concentrate with 100ml of water into a spray bottle.
  • Spray Supershine onto all surfaces of your car, paint, glass, metal, wheel rims etc and spread with micro-fibre cloth.
  • Remove excess by either rinsing with water and drying with chamois or you can polish in with a dry clean micro-fibre.
  • That's it, no need for waxes, your car is now protected and looking good.

No need for waxes ? :o !

seems fairly expensive though.. then again.. some canubra waxes are expensive... if what the guy says is true ( 6 months and still shiny as F@#& ) could be worthwhile... :g:

This is very similar to using a "sealent" type product (google nanolex for more info). I would be interested to see some actual results on an actual car that i can actually touch / feel / smell :P I not a fan of "one stop shop" type of products (wash and wax).

This might work well if you get a brand new car and gave it a good top to bottom going over, otherwise I just wouldn't bother.

My concern with this is you may still need to clay every 3-6 months to remove the the roughness in the paint. My understanding of Claying is that it removes all the narsties that stick to paint. Would this in turn damage the sealent product?!?!?!?!??!

Minor rant moment: Stop acting like a tighty and get a good quality wax product (yes it's dodo juice for me baby!) <<<< This comment is not directed at the OP, just a general comment for all.

This is very similar to using a "sealent" type product (google nanolex for more info). I would be interested to see some actual results on an actual car that i can actually touch / feel / smell :P I not a fan of "one stop shop" type of products (wash and wax).

This might work well if you get a brand new car and gave it a good top to bottom going over, otherwise I just wouldn't bother.

My concern with this is you may still need to clay every 3-6 months to remove the the roughness in the paint. My understanding of Claying is that it removes all the narsties that stick to paint. Would this in turn damage the sealent product?!?!?!?!??!

Minor rant moment: Stop acting like a tighty and get a good quality wax product (yes it's dodo juice for me baby!) <<<< This comment is not directed at the OP, just a general comment for all.

I am using paint protection (permanent) now, and you still need to clay.

I still wax on top of it, it won't get rid of the sealent, and wax will make it even more shiny !!

my guess is u still need to clay every 6 months. but then yeah that will of course strip the sealant so u need to seal it again... i spoke to greg on the phone and he recommended every 3months. and the aircraft grade one which is overkill and bit more expensive but its much better than the car supershine.

Yes guys this stuff is terrific, i have spent $220 on a 1litre bottle and i am going to give me my Aurion a full detail with this permanon product. I will be removing all the wheels, cleaning them and applying permanon inside and out, same with the plastic in my wheel wells, my brake calipers and of course the whole exterior and my interior plastics. And then we will be able to see how good this stuff is. I am fairly confident.

Yes guys this stuff is terrific, i have spent $220 on a 1litre bottle and i am going to give me my Aurion a full detail with this permanon product. I will be removing all the wheels, cleaning them and applying permanon inside and out, same with the plastic in my wheel wells, my brake calipers and of course the whole exterior and my interior plastics. And then we will be able to see how good this stuff is. I am fairly confident.

OH YES! A GUINEA PIG! Ggg.gifHeh.gif

pics pics and moar pics when you're done! No1.gif

Yes i shall get back to you guys when it is done, but it is raining here in sydney and i don't think it will be stopping for a long time.. so this is going to be abit of a wait... :closedeyes:

Picked the following document from the Permanon USA companies website http://www.permanonusa.com/

The following link refers to a Testimonial from Lamorghini in Sydney endorsing the product. This may give some credence to the product. My opinion is, if it sounds too good to be true then watch out.

http://www.permanonusa.com/Literature/Testimonials/Lamborghini%20Sydney%20Permanon%20Reference.pdf

silicium... is this a variant of silicon? or is it silicon itself? when i googled it, it relates that its a variant of silicon. if so i shouldnt spray it next to my panel beaters shop or else he will kill me :P

But in summary; I don't think that a product should use 'does not contain silicone' as a selling point. I have used products with silicone in it before with no problems :)

edit: Pete, our beloved Menzerna Sealing Wax contains silicone. Just don't use it if you're a bodyshop/panelbeater

it is pretty much part silicone (crushed glass) from what i have been told. The main thing is that it is a long lasting paint protection product which gives any hard surface a great shine. My car was very dusty and had lots of bugs splattered on the front of it and all of that came off with a hose and left no water marks after the water had dried (recycled water was used). Excellent product fullstop.

Edited by toyota pride

i used supershine, i wash my cars with meguiars products and now use permanon to protect it. Still waiting for a good day to wash my car :closedeyes:

Edited by toyota pride