What to do with an 81 Crown? (deceased estate)

flamestone

Hey guys, great forum!

Looks like there's a few knowledgable people around here when it comes to Toyota classics, so I'm hoping someone can help me with some advice.

My grandmother passed away recently, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with her 81 Crown Royal Saloon.

It's high kms (392000) but really well maintained, so everything still works. It's silver paint is traditional 80s silver (i.e. faded with a lot of clear coat gone!), but all trim is original and present. The burgundy interior is just as plush as when it left the factory.

So... does something like this have a market value? I've looked around and can see people trying to sell these for anything from $300 to $5000, but my gut tells me it's more like a parts car for someone that needs an original example for spares.

Any ideas?

It's pretty hard to give you an indication of what this car is worth without seeing it. Presentation is a big part of resale value and if the clear coat is peeling then that will let it down. Another big factor is kilometres and that has very high kilometres. Thirdly collectibility, and again, it's not a sought after model. So, my tip is that it is potentially a $1000 to $2000 car. This is assuming it is easily registerable and like I said, it's hard to say without having a good look at it.

Not sure if that helps any.

• 1 month later...