gear shifter

ptagna

hey guys ,

i was driving my car before (abit hard) then all of a sudden the gear shifter became very loose .

i can put it in gear and drive it normally but when its in gear it wiggles around, actually it just wiggles up and down only

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks guys

Edited by ptagna

Pull ur boot off the gear stick and have a peek!

Or get someone to change gears for ya, and look inside the engine bay and determine if the selector is moving ! ie cables...

Just checked it out , the vertical gear selector the pin and metal bushing in it fall out -.-. just need to replace them .

anyone know where i can get that small pin that holds it all in from ?

stop driving it hard :) rear sway is addictive isnt it? :P

cant u find it and slide them back in? broken??????????????

haha still addicted to the sway bar :)

just came back from a holiday and checked it out this morning , the bearings gone and the washers are gone too lol. nothings in the engine bay .

ill check out wreckers if they have that pin im after everything else i can just buy lol

• 3 weeks later...

okk another problem lol :wacko:

i managed to fix the linkages and everythings fine now.

i decided to hit lift in gear one when i clutched in and tried to get it in 2nd it wouldnt let me,

it was like there was something blocking it ? then kept trying and finally it got in .

tried it again in lift, it went in this time.

is this a problem i should worry about ?

nothing is wrong with it, just need to adjust the clutch so it disengages properly, there is a guide on here somewhere but i suggest u get a reputable mechanic to adjust it for u. tell him to adjust the push rod higher so the clutch disengages properly

nothing is wrong with it, just need to adjust the clutch so it disengages properly, there is a guide on here somewhere but i suggest u get a reputable mechanic to adjust it for u. tell him to adjust the push rod higher so the clutch disengages properly

oo sick, ill just get it fixed when i service my car lol