Steve's Hilux

Steven

It's now incredibly fun to drive

WOW i'll bet its fun to drive :D mate that's a very sexy upgrade , pro looking job too very nice plumbing, must give a lotta hoons a shock to see you pull away.

Very fun, but unfortunately not too fast :(

The exedy H/Duty clutch just can't cope with the torque, meaning from 3rd gear onwards any serious throttle application just causes the clutch to lose it entirely. Still very quick off the mark, but 1st/2nd gear in a Hilux doesn't last long, even when stock.

Need to invest in a special NPC made clutch when funds allow

• 1 month later...

A few slight mods lately - got rid of the factory intake (starts restricting flow at around 175hp lol) and swapped in a pod filter, just a basic cheapy as the Tuner reckons there isn't much difference between pod filters but I still might change to a K&N later on.
Had the clutch replaced with a setup from NPC, which includes a larger billet flywheel and a landcruiser clutch. Clutch bites hard now and is the same setup used on the super high HP Hiluxs around (which end up breaking gearboxes before the clutch slips)
Retuned on the dyno and produced an extra 5HP and roughly 30nm torque, but also running much leaner than before so hopefully this will show at the servo

Z2OaI6o.jpg?1

Also gave the engine bay a bit of a cleanup and recoloured some piping etc, I think it might even look stock now haha

l5sJ18q.jpg

Utes going back in a couple of months for some basic maintenance (water pump, timing belt, modified diesel pump)

• 1 month later...

Booked in for some more power tweaks in early October - soonest I could get a day off work to head to the tuner

In the meantime I have fitted a Fortuner front end, which have improved light driving visibility heaps without resorting to HIDs etc.

post-13080-0-16016600-1440149518_thumb.j