Purchasing a Aurion ZR6 or SR6 Which to choose

Curkz

Hey guys,

New guy here :), I just wanted to get some advice from some enthusiasts who actually know their cars inside and out as I'm looking at purchasing a Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6 or SX6. Now as far as I can tell the main differences between the two is some cosmetic interiors and a bit of weight.. I'm a P1 driver soon to be P2 and decided that the Aurion is along the lines of a nice V6 with decent economy/maintenance and doesn't rob my wallet like a Ford XR6 or Commodore SV6.

I'm thinking about 24K should get me a decent ZR6 with less then 90,000kms and no scratches/dents.

Is there anything I should consider while looking at the ZR6's because I intend on changing the exhaust for a beefier sound and maybe the tail lights/nice mags can't do much else on my P's unfortunately..

http://tiny.cc/0j3g3 Seems to fit the budget and gives me room to buy some nice alloys and maybe a meaner spoiler and exhaust..

Suggestions

Between those 2, they're pretty much the same.

Ask urself this question. Are you willing to spend more for ZR6 for the Smart entry system? Quite a number of members here would've spent more to get this extra feature.

Ask urself this question. Are you willing to spend more for ZR6 for the Smart entry system? Quite a number of members here would've spent more to get this extra feature.

It seems like additional feature I probably would if it wasn't such a huge cost against the SR6 if the price difference was more then $500 for the smart key vs non I'd really have to weight my options.

Edited by Curkz

There's plenty of threads around here documenting the differences between the two. I guess it comes down to what extra features you want out of your car. I wanted a sport-luxury sedan, so whatever I bought had to be sporty and have leather. So for me the deciding factor was the leather ad the dual zone climate control. Things like smart start/entry I couldn't have cared less about at the time, but I figured the bit extra for the ZR6 was worth it given all the features it has over the SX6, whether I needed all of them or not.