Gen4.5 Camry - Its unique, just like everyone elses!

STYLSH

Hmm I just realised that I havent put many pics of the car here yet. So here is kinda a build up. Except I dont have a picture of it before I started the mods lol so I "borrowed" this picture to use.

Touring.jpg

Bought the car when it was 1 year old with only 11000km on the clock! Drove the car in stock form for about 2 years before the modding bug bit. First came the wheels and superlows. I got sick of seeing the huge gap in the guards.

Wheels.jpg

It changed the way it handles but decided to make it better after finding one of these going cheap on ebay! This completely changed the way it handles! No more understeer...

swaybar.jpg

Then I was introduced to my toyota contact through my friend and he sourced a Genuine Toyota Australia GTP kit for me. I was initially going to import a second hand TRD kit over but this was way cheaper and I like the look of it more as well.

Newkit1.jpg

Red calipers too!

Mycaratdam1.jpg

Then with all the talk about how cool HID's were on TN, I decided to buy some of these for the mod. Didnt want to just do the plug and play thing and annoy everyone else on the road. (one of my pet hates!)

Haloheadlights2small.jpg

And cut a nice big hole in the back to fit the Lexus RX330 projectors into them

Haloprojectorssmall.jpg

Back on the car they go.

Daytimepicofprojectorssmall.jpg

Before!

newkit4.jpg

With them on!

Haloprojectorsoncarsmall.jpg

Nicely defined cutoff! Ignore the slanty-ness due to the carpark not being flat and crappy camera phone quality night pic.

ProjectorCutoffsmall.jpg

Also had an exhaust shop redo my Y-Pipe

Stock

Ypipeinthecamry.jpg

After - I know it not the prettiest, or equal lengths :P but it seems to work well enough.

DSC00206.jpg

Then came something special :) Whine whine whine or whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee

EngineBay.jpg

Edited by STYLSH

Stereo wise now after several upgrades

Dynaudio Esotars up front with 1 Tru Technology T2.100 running per side

Image Dynamics IDMax with the Tru Technology Hammer H1 running it

Was

AtHarries.jpg

Then

AtXtorque.jpg

Now

Bootinstall.jpg

Basic install stayed the same, just different positions and then different equipment.

Then came the 5sp swap after breaking the auto box for the second time

DSC00207.jpg

TRD short shifter with genuine TRD gear knob

P7130467.jpg

Imported a TRD muffler for added noise

P8230470.jpg

P8230472.jpg

Then a big brake kit using Supra TT rotors and Camry Twin piston caliper upgrade and smaller pulley for extra boost. FUN times!

P82304702.jpg

Slots.jpg

Then the fun really began and got my Quaife LSD to stop the car doing single wheel peels lol

IMG_0125.jpg

Also this completely transformed the car's handling where you can power out of corners like a bat out of hell without worrying about understeering and wheelspins.

Only camry in aust that I know of with a quaife LSD !

Edited by STYLSH

And now the car is BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Only Gen4 camry that is black in aus that I know of!

IMG_0038-1.jpg

Edited by STYLSH

Mmmmm. Certainly the most unique Gen 4 I know of. Looking forward to seeing this in person soon. It will be like seeing a new car again.

Good to see you now have yourself a thread Anthony.

Thanks guys, now i just need to buy some shares in a detailing company lol...

John, it depends how much you love the car as it is a heck of a lot of money modding. I could have bought my car a couple times over now with the money i've spent on it

Very nice,makes them wheels pop....awesome job Anthony,she is one of a kind in so many ways now. :)

twin exhaust with some black mufflers and black tips would work...IMHO of course :)

Cheers

Lee

It isn't a pearl paint, just plain deep gloss black. That was just a plain wash, no waxing or detailing after. Getting it a complete detail by a professional soon before I seal and wax the fresh coat.

My clean sparkly look lasted 24hrs... Now there is GAZILLION specks of dust everywhere...

• 2 weeks later...