Aurion aftermarket speakers - help me

tanny

Hi,

i am a newbie. ive been reading some forums on the after market zr6 speakers. I was wondering if there are speakers that has good bass, trebble, clarity and no distortion. let it be known i am no AUDIOPHILE, and i still think my sx6 speakers are pretty good, but i know there are better speakers. i will keep the factory head unit, so what speakers can you recommend for me? also which speaker installer would be good? jb hifi lol? i am in melbourne and my limit is 600 for the front and back speakers + whatever addition for installation.

thanks tanny

Any speaker is a good speaker ( so to speak )

Recomendations are your good brand names for Sony, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer.

Lots of the lads here will have mixed opinions, best you can do is goto an audio store that does stereo's and get quotes for the best within your price limit.

Dont be afraid to mix and match, as the same priced speaker in pioneer might be better then the sony, in turn giving you better sound for the same price.

Hey Mate

I just did my audio install last week and i ended up going with fusion power plant 6x9's all around. But I'm running them off an amp so not sure how they would go off the head deck but i picked up them amp and the speakers for $600 plus a little bit for the install.

Hey Mate

I just did my audio install last week and i ended up going with fusion power plant 6x9's all around. But I'm running them off an amp so not sure how they would go off the head deck but i picked up them amp and the speakers for $600 plus a little bit for the install.

hi chris, just wondering where did u buy it and who installed it and how much? is ur head unit connected to the amp that is followed by the speakers?

thanks tanny

Any speaker is a good speaker ( so to speak )

Recomendations are your good brand names for Sony, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer.

Lots of the lads here will have mixed opinions, best you can do is goto an audio store that does stereo's and get quotes for the best within your price limit.

Dont be afraid to mix and match, as the same priced speaker in pioneer might be better then the sony, in turn giving you better sound for the same price.

thanks steele, i was also wondering which combination of speakers would be best for me. there should be a consesus on these forums as what sounds good and what doesnt.

Yea i really depends on what you want...

In my last car i had alpine front splits and pioneers rear 6x9's so yea it could only now be answered by a few lads that have done the mod.

Can those that have installed speakers list their front / rear / tweeter brands and averge cost for them there please.

Had these for a while now,not sure how accurate the pricing is today.

Fronts - Focal 165KRX2 $1100

Rears - Focal 162CVX $300

great speaker,very crisp & clear :)

Having just installed a pair of front speakers http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/36335-introduction-its-me-%3B/ (Jaycar kevlar 6x9, plus some titanium dome tweets) i can assure you, you will get better clarity, but not better bass until you install an amplifier. the head unit internal amp runs out of steam very early on and the sound fizzles trying to drive less efficient speakers. its not very powerful. the std speakers do a better job as they are very efficient.

by all means buy some front speakers, but id save and buy an amplifier too, even a 4x50rms will transform the sound..

Edited by cruiseh

HMm well if you’re not a audiophile then there is perhaps no use in following what many of us have done and gone to premium brands such as Polk, Focal, VIBE and Rockford Fosgate. If you can't tell the difference in performance between these and your main stream brands then you may as well save yourself some coin and just get some well-built mid-range branded speakers. These will do the Job fine and offer a noticeable increase of clarity precision and volume over your factory speakers.

I'm running DLS Gothia components in front RRP is $1049, running off a ARC audio KS300.2 RRP is $629. I havnt done so yet but am planning to remove my rear speakers to allow more bass from sub to enter cabin.

Hi Tanny, in the Camry I had before my Aurion, I upgraded the rears to Sony Xplode 200w RMS 3 way 6 x 9s that were on special at the time at Supercheap Auto. In the front doors I put Response Precision series 75w RMS 6 x 9 kevlar cone 2 way coaxials with 1" adjustable dome tweeters from Jaycar (they still carry them according to their catalogue $119, says Qty 1 but it means pair I'm sure), they gave great base in the front with the tweeter putting out clear highs adjusted upwards pointing to the head of the opposite side passenger. They all fitted into the factory holes well with minor alterations to the plastic door pods for the fronts. All round it gave a good sound and I was impressed. I have not looked at the front Aurion doors yet but I know the Sony's would fit the rear, gave a good sound all round with just the factory head unit. Hope that helps.

Hi,

i am a newbie. ive been reading some forums on the after market zr6 speakers. I was wondering if there are speakers that has good bass, trebble, clarity and no distortion. let it be known i am no AUDIOPHILE, and i still think my sx6 speakers are pretty good, but i know there are better speakers. i will keep the factory head unit, so what speakers can you recommend for me? also which speaker installer would be good? jb hifi lol? i am in melbourne and my limit is 600 for the front and back speakers + whatever addition for installation.

thanks tanny

I used to think the speakers are good in SX6 but after I took them out for upgrade, I found they are ****. I just throw them to the bin as they are not even worth anything to sell on ebay. They look like a piece of paper to me. Rockford Punch series 2way and 4 way combination is good. I brought them of ebay for only 110 per pairs. I have the sub fitted in before I brought the speaker but I shouldn't buy the sub as they are real good. They are enough bass for you. To be honest, I read lots of forum and found it is not easy to find the right size of speakers for your boot. Rockford is one of the good power and small size speaker will just fit. You can also go back to my another topic "show your aurion" and check the photos.