Anyone have Protech protection technologies on there car from CastleHill Toyota?

MRSWISO

When i brought my 2003 Rav 4 from castle hill Toyota got offered a deal to have paint and interior protection on the car!

Got given a starter pack with car shampoo, wax and bug and tar remover! I ran out of these and now have to buy the car shampoo from castle hill toyota only but no wax is available! i went and spoke to the lady that sold it to us and she said just use the car shampoo and it will look like its been waxed but it doesnt. just looks like a clean car but paint doesnt have that sparkle it had with the wax and as soon as it rains you defiantly notice how awesome wax is lol.

Anyone else have this? how do you find it?

Anyone done a claim yet?

How long ago did you get the car? Despite the claims, Paint Protection doesn't last long.

You may need to start buying your own wax (from Supercheap/Autobarn/Repco). I've used the Lexus wax (from their paint protection kit) and it's much the same as the retail stuff.

Brought the car almost 2 years ago. it has life time warranty. so i guess in many years to come if my paint fades theyll just have to respray it lol

If you expect the shine to last indefinitely you are dreaming.

But you do know the value of wax so I'd be heading down to your local auto store and grabbing a bottle of wax and getting to work

I am certain the Genuine products are bloody expensive...

But I be there is a clause in the paperwork regarding the paint protection of minimum care standards in order for their lifetime warranty.

If it were me I would take my chances.

My folks got duped into some similar paint protection plan when they bought their 30 series Sportivo back in '05. Apparently some sort of coating that is supposed to stop most stone chips (although this does seem to have worked - 120k and still hardly a chip on the thing, an impossible feat in Tasmania) and would never need to be polished/waxed/etc again, so were told not to do anything more than wash it. My assumption is the active ingredients in this coating are a mix of fairy dust and bullsh*t.

If i wax or clean the car with any other products it voids the warranty!!

How?!?!?! I'm also concerned over this "lifetime" warranty. Lifetime of what? the car? The paint? What if the car was in a accident, will they still honor it after a re-spray? Will they re-apply it free of charge?

I'm sorry, tooo much grey area for my liking.

Also, after washing, can you run you hand over it and it still feels smooth? If there are ANY rough patches, your paint protection is gone!

Personally, just go and buy some good quality cleaning gear and DIY'it. If you need tips, a guide to products or someone to do it for you.........drop me a PM. FYI, i'm free most weekends and based in the middle of Sydney (p'matta)

In yesterdays (Frid) Daily Telegraph in the Motoring Section, someone wrote in to say that the Mercedes Benz he just bought does not need waxing at all. The Motoring Columnist contacted Mercedes Benz, who told them that is correct providing the car is washed correctly.

dealer ship say paint will last and shine forever if you use this product,its all non sense in my point of view. better off getting your own products which cost half the price.

From what ive been told is that most new car nowdays eg merc,bmw etc have a new type of clear coat on them called ceramic clear, apparently this clear will prevent scratches and stone chip and will make the shine last longer.

"Lifetime Warranty" is purely for marketing, please read the fine prints. They do have strict criteria.

When we repair and paint panels, the insurance company refuses to cover paint protection unless all the obligation of the paint protection certificate/contract have been met (because we all know paint protection is useless :lol: ).

in relation to the ceramic clear, not all of the Mercedes & BMW have them factory, only the higher end ones...

"Lifetime Warranty" is purely for marketing, please read the fine prints. They do have strict criteria.

When we repair and paint panels, the insurance company refuses to cover paint protection unless all the obligation of the paint protection certificate/contract have been met (because we all know paint protection is useless :lol: ).

in relation to the ceramic clear, not all of the Mercedes & BMW have them factory, only the higher end ones...

oh ok,fair enough ^_^

• 9 months later...

To resurrect an old thread...

I contacted CHT recently to ask about claiming for my paint protection, and very long story short they will not honour it.

My car is garaged at night, kept clean (within reason) during the day, washed ith appropriate products (almost exclusively Megs). Meanwhile, the pain on the spoiler is all but off and the roof is started to fade rapidly. I don't think the paint has been exposed to anything that would result in hat is happening.

Not happy.